Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Need some help and guidance, Misfire in all 4 cylinders.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help and guidance, Misfire in all 4 cylinders.

I have check eng light, the codes that came off are:

P0301, P0302, P0302, P0303, P0304, and P0300 and finally p1399.

What happened- I took the car to mechanic (not going back to that guy no more, long story) for a 200k maintenance and check up. Since the car had a misfire in cylinder 2 ONLY. Came back with all 4 cylinders misfire O_o. Dude said I should just get a new eng or rebuilt it. WTF?

What he replaced- spark plugs and wires, Distributor cap and rotor, NGK spark plugs, Water pump, timing belt, AC belt, P/S belt, alt belt. He also adjusted the values ie Value job.

What I did was bought another dizzy to replace the one that came with the car. I was told and searched here, that it could have been my dizzy. Now its not, since I got another one in and same codes comes up.

Im not sure what else to do, and I do not want to be buying parts just to try it out.

Symptoms- WHen I start her up, she revs up pretty high up to 1500rpms and after being warmer for awhile (either driving or letting her sit there) the RPMs drop to like 800 or below. Sometimes it drops to 500rpms. It seems like she is going to stall out or something. Last time this happened (with another car) it turned out to be a value problem.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Im thinking of just taking it to another mechanic but if I can fix this for like 20 bucks or whatever its better paying some guy again to fix it and doesnt work.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:01 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Need some help and guidance, Misfire in all 4 cylinders.

MM&Y of car would help???94
Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Random misfire on all cylinders is normally a fuel problem.

I did not see a fuel filter, [or air filter] on the list of things done/replaced on the major tune up you had done, if not, when was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

If the mechanic did not, [should have] do a fuel pressure test, do one or have one done.

Another thing you may want to check is the ECT sensor, if engine warms up and the ECT sensor does not supply that info to the ECU/ECM, the engine will run very rich once warmed up.

Does it smell of gas once engine is warmed up, how is your gas milage? 94
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The year is 98 ls, it has about 200k miles on it now.

I did not change fuel filter yet. I was thinking of what else I can change.

I did notice that the temp guage doesnt go too high. it stays at a particular spot once the car is warmed up.

The engine revs up to 1500 then drops down after being warm up for a few mins to 500-800.

I'll change the fuel filter this weekend. School is killing me

But thanks for the info. I'll get on to it
Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

you need to go back and tell that mech hes full of ****! call the bbb and report them, how the hell does your motor come with one miss fire and end up with more? and he tells you your motor is junk and you need a new one! omfg! thats the biggest exuse a mech can give when he ***** up on a job he didnt know anything about and tries to cover up his mess by saying the motor is no good! the easy way out! just throw it away and get a new one! wtf!! does money grow on trees! i would have killed him! go back and demand him to fix it or put it back the way you braught it! thats real bs! i hate storys like this from dumb *** mechs. who do this.

$5 says he didnt put the spark plug wires on the dizzy in the correct firing order and did not adjust your valves right? you did say he did a value job did you meen a valve job or valve lash adjustment? i never heard of a value job wtf is that?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If he reused timing belt tensioner timing belt could of jumped a tooth, tensioner needs to be changed at same time belt and water pump.....tell him to fix it or you will call the BAR on him, that should make him do it if he wants to stay in business any longer.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well he's a friends friend. So I know of him thru a friend of mines. I told my friend what had happen and that I will NOT be going back to that guy no more.

Dude, when he said this to me I WAS REALLY **** OFF. I thinking exactly what wunfstgsr is saying. HOW DAFAQ does it come back with all cylinders misfiring.. WTF?
But this is the last time he touches my car. I dont want to cause any problems between my friend and this mech, so I dont want to make a scene.

My last resort is to take it to a different mech and have him look at it and give me an estimate of how much or what he gotta do.

What that "bad" mech said was he told me my teg needed a value job. So I'm assuming he adjusted the values.

Right now the plugs are 1,2 (bottom) and 3,4 on top plugged into the dizzy.
and on the eng its 4-3-2-1 (left to right, when facing car/driver on rightside)

I'll take some pictures tomorrow to post it up.

But I dont want to deal with this mech no more. Pretty unhappy with his work. Said he also put in some freon for AC 24 bucks and AC recharge $40 bucks... the **** is still not blowing cold. The AC is off and on, sometimes cool sometimes warm. WTF?

Idk what to make of this. Maybe he hates me cause he wants my awesome db7. He did say he'll buy it off me if I want to sell it later 0_o.

Thanks for the help tho dudes. really appreciate this.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

timing. fuel pressure/flow. false air/vac leaks.
those are causes of common to all cylinder symptoms. check them
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1342 is firing order so definitely make sure that is correct before addressing anything else good luck hope it's nothing too serious
Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fujimi
Well he's a friends friend. So I know of him thru a friend of mines. I told my friend what had happen and that I will NOT be going back to that guy no more.

Dude, when he said this to me I WAS REALLY **** OFF. I thinking exactly what wunfstgsr is saying. HOW DAFAQ does it come back with all cylinders misfiring.. WTF?
But this is the last time he touches my car. I dont want to cause any problems between my friend and this mech, so I dont want to make a scene.

My last resort is to take it to a different mech and have him look at it and give me an estimate of how much or what he gotta do.

What that "bad" mech said was he told me my teg needed a value job. So I'm assuming he adjusted the values.

Right now the plugs are 1,2 (bottom) and 3,4 on top plugged into the dizzy.
and on the eng its 4-3-2-1 (left to right, when facing car/driver on rightside)

I'll take some pictures tomorrow to post it up.

But I dont want to deal with this mech no more. Pretty unhappy with his work. Said he also put in some freon for AC 24 bucks and AC recharge $40 bucks... the **** is still not blowing cold. The AC is off and on, sometimes cool sometimes warm. WTF?

Idk what to make of this. Maybe he hates me cause he wants my awesome db7. He did say he'll buy it off me if I want to sell it later 0_o.

Thanks for the help tho dudes. really appreciate this.

You know its funny you said that! i bet you $100 he f'd your motor or just made it run worse just so you would take his advise and say "yea its no good i should sell it! wait didnt the mech want it maybe ill just sell it to him" then you go and he low ***** you so bad he gets it nearly free then takes it to his shop puts it back together right and has it running right easily and now he legitly just f'd you in the booty with no lube! oww that would of hurt!!

Check the firing order on the wires and dizyy fallow each from the spark plug to the dizzy, check the gaps on your spark plugs, look for any vac leaks, take off the valve cover bring the motor and cams to TDC and see if the cams didt skip a tooth and also check your timing, or just ask another mech or find a shop that will do a free diognostics for you, i have a shop down the street that does it i hope you can find one too.

And my refrence above happens every day all day! iv seen it so much! believe me its scary how many people get f'd in the butt by these shady mechs all over the u.s. Its a big buisnuess believe me. Come in asking them to figue out whats wrong with the car at the wrong shop is like asking them hey heres my butt hump it with no lube!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 10-04-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:07 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Like this...
?94
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice picture fcm
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Stole it off ASK. 94
Old 10-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice I saved it in my phone just in case always good to have that for quick reference
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My money would be on firing order being off, timing belt off a tooth or more, or a fuel problem.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1998GsRIntegra
My money would be on firing order being off, timing belt off a tooth or more, or a fuel problem.
Indeed
Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you adjust the ignition timing after you replaced the distributor?

If you bought an aftermarket distributor, put the original back on. Never replace an OEM distributor with an aftermarket one.

I'm inclined to think that you have a valve clearance issue. A valve adjustment is not a valve job, btw. It could just have been that #2 cylinder valves were out of adjustment and mechanic dude put them all out of adjustment. Find somebody who knows what they're doing to check the valve adjustment.

My good friend Derek runs the Dyno Shop in Santee. It's not too far from you and they're a great shop and they know what they're doing. Go see them, they'll take care of you.

GL
Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kchungb17a
Did you adjust the ignition timing after you replaced the distributor?

If you bought an aftermarket distributor, put the original back on. Never replace an OEM distributor with an aftermarket one.

I'm inclined to think that you have a valve clearance issue. A valve adjustment is not a valve job, btw. It could just have been that #2 cylinder valves were out of adjustment and mechanic dude put them all out of adjustment. Find somebody who knows what they're doing to check the valve adjustment.

My good friend Derek runs the Dyno Shop in Santee. It's not too far from you and they're a great shop and they know what they're doing. Go see them, they'll take care of you.

GL
omg that place is a joke!!!!!!!

i repete there a freakin joke!

They couldnt tune a ****** toy boat!

That guy derek is a little gay ******! hes luckky i didnt kick his ***!

I get there with my all motor gsr and he gets all excited! and he shows off his stock integra to me and talked his *** off like it would be some show caR SOMEDAY! LOL i bet he told his tuner to blow my motor because i looked and smerked at him for bringing me all the way around the building to show me a freaking 100% stock integra! in my mind im like wtf!

long story short they blew my gsr motor when they attemted to tune it back a few years and told it was just carbon build up in my valves and when i drive home it will clear up!!!! **** that shop and that little ****! that place ripped me off! took my money! blew my gsr head! sent me driving a unsafe blown motor! i hope that shop blows up! i took off the the head that night and i had two chipped valves!

dont go to that shop! im so surprised after all theses years someone braught up that piece of **** shop! i flamed them enough here but again F that shop called "the dyno shop" go to a real performance shop and tuner not some con artist.

second rem. dist are just fine to use!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 10-08-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
omg that place is a joke!!!!!!!

i repete there a freakin joke!

They couldnt tune a ****** toy boat!

That guy derek is a little gay ******! hes luckky i didnt kick his ***!

I get there with my all motor gsr and he gets all excited! and he shows off his stock integra to me and talked his *** off like it would be some show caR SOMEDAY! LOL i bet he told his tuner to blow my motor because i looked and smerked at him for bringing me all the way around the building to show me a freaking 100% stock integra! in my mind im like wtf!

long story short they blew my gsr motor when they attemted to tune it back a few years and told it was just carbon build up in my valves and when i drive home it will clear up!!!! **** that shop and that little ****! that place ripped me off! took my money! blew my gsr head! sent me driving a unsafe blown motor! i hope that shop blows up! i took off the the head that night and i had two chipped valves!

dont go to that shop! im so surprised after all theses years someone braught up that piece of **** shop! i flamed them enough here but again F that shop called "the dyno shop" go to a real performance shop and tuner not some con artist.
look up Dardan tuning in santee he will take care of you not that fake *** rip off shop!

second who told you never to replace a oem distributer with a aftermarket one! Derek! cause you and that shmuck are dead wrong! stop stating **** that aint true facts!!!
rem. dist are just fine to use!
Whoa, throttle back there tough guy. Butt hurt much?

It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience with them. Derek is a good guy and not at all homosexual, not that there's anything wrong with that. Yes he gets excited when he sees a fellow Integra owner but he must have forgotten that some of us can be douches. The Dyno Shop is one of the few shops if not the only shop in San Diego County that has a load bearing dyno, which means that they can tune your car so it is drivable on the street, not just at WOT. They also have an extensive repair shop and decades of experience with all sorts of cars, trucks, sand rails, RV's, etc.

I have no inclination to justify to you why I recommend OEM ignition components. I run OEM distributors, wires and plugs in all my Hondas and would never consider using an aftermarket alternative. As such, I recommend the same to everyone. If you have luck running aftermarket distributors in your vehicle, good for you.

And you could at least learn to spell schmuck before referring to someone as such. Schmuck.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow if a shop did that to my car I would of called the BAR on them enough reports and they get shut down after hella fines

If the aftetmarket distributor is made for the engine and installed correctly it shouldn't have a issue maybe it's to much NOS LOL (F&F joke)
Old 10-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whoa, throttle back there tough guy. Butt hurt much?

It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience with them. Derek is a good guy and not at all homosexual, not that there's anything wrong with that. Yes he gets excited when he sees a fellow Integra owner but he must have forgotten that some of us can be douches. The Dyno Shop is one of the few shops if not the only shop in San Diego County that has a load bearing dyno, which means that they can tune your car so it is drivable on the street, not just at WOT. They also have an extensive repair shop and decades of experience with all sorts of cars, trucks, sand rails, RV's, etc.

I have no inclination to justify to you why I recommend OEM ignition components. I run OEM distributors, wires and plugs in all my Hondas and would never consider using an aftermarket alternative. As such, I recommend the same to everyone. If you have luck running aftermarket distributors in your vehicle, good for you.

And you could at least learn to spell schmuck before referring to someone as such. Schmuck.
First of all! lets get one thing straight! That shop blew a fresh gsr motor! now i dont know what else to tell you or prove to you that when it comes to a honda motor they dont know ****! and on top of that they took my money AFTER!!! they blew my motor!!!! THEN lied to me and said its "JUST CARBON BUILD UP IN THE VALVES AND IT WILL CLEAR UP ON THE DRIVE HOME!" And you know what! that right there is a scam a lie and a rip off!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 10-08-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
First of all! lets get one thing straight! That shop blew a fresh gsr motor! now i dont know what else to tell you or prove to you that when it comes to a honda motor they dont know ****! and on top of that they took my money AFTER!!! they blew my motor!!!! THEN lied to me and said its "JUST CARBON BUILD UP IN THE VALVES AND IT WILL CLEAR UP ON THE DRIVE HOME!" And you know what! that right there is a scam a lie and a rip off! so you know what your comment here is full of ****!,

"The Dyno Shop is one of the few shops if not the only shop in San Diego County that has a load bearing dyno, which means that they can tune your car so it is drivable on the street, not just at WOT. They also have an extensive repair shop and decades of experience with all sorts of cars, trucks, sand rails, RV's, etc."

You clearly dont know anything about tuning a car do you! a load bearing dyno! so it can be driven on the street? not just at wot! you are so dumb bro! again stop stating **** that aint tru facts! there tuner for one sucks! and they use a mustang dyno! and its called part throtle tuning! and theres tons of tuners in s.d that can tune better than the fake *** "dyno shop" anyday! dardan tuning for one and cartune just to name two! i never heard of a dyno tuner who will just tune your car for wot!

before you scold my spelling go over there and smack dereck in the face for me! then spell schmuck for him and tell him i sent the smack and message!

Im done killing this guys thread! please dont replie with another dumb comment. Its clear you dont know what your talking about nor know anything about that sorry *** shop. and i did report them to the bar.
You should have never started killing this guys thread! And OP, I apologize that I could not let this miscreant's babble go unanswered.

wunfstgsr: I'm sorry that your mental capacity cannot take another reply from me but you started this so I'll finish it. You sound like a complete *** and idiot. And it's ironic that you would label me dumb because you have dumb oozing from your every post. The Dyno Shop doesn't have a Mustang Dyno. Never did. And you can't do part throttle tune without a load bearing dyno unless you're doing a street tune. So who is it that doesn't know anything about dyno tuning? Stop trying to be an internet engineer and stick to your day time job. The shelves at the 7/11 are getting bare.

Derek has read this thread and has no idea who you are and he remembers every B series that comes through his shop. He would, however, gladly look into your case if you would like to supply some contact information. But you say you reported them to the BAR? How'd that go? BTW, the BBB lists The Dyno Shop in A+ status with ZERO outstanding compaints. How's that for facts?

Oh, and I looked up Darden. Doesn't exist. Try again.

And just so you can sleep at night, I'm an ASE certified, Honda/Acura factory trained technician. So put that in your pipe and smoke it in between your crack hits.

I've wasted more time on you than you deserve.

Again, OP, apologies. I hope you find a fix for your problem.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You should have never started killing this guys thread! And OP, I apologize that I could not let this miscreant's babble go unanswered.

wunfstgsr: I'm sorry that your mental capacity cannot take another reply from me but you started this so I'll finish it. You sound like a complete *** and idiot. And it's ironic that you would label me dumb because you have dumb oozing from your every post. The Dyno Shop doesn't have a Mustang Dyno. Never did. And you can't do part throttle tune without a load bearing dyno unless you're doing a street tune. So who is it that doesn't know anything about dyno tuning? Stop trying to be an internet engineer and stick to your day time job. The shelves at the 7/11 are getting bare.

Derek has read this thread and has no idea who you are and he remembers every B series that comes through his shop. He would, however, gladly look into your case if you would like to supply some contact information. But you say you reported them to the BAR? How'd that go? BTW, the BBB lists The Dyno Shop in A+ status with ZERO outstanding compaints. How's that for facts?

Oh, and I looked up Darden. Doesn't exist. Try again.

And just so you can sleep at night, I'm an ASE certified, Honda/Acura factory trained technician. So put that in your pipe and smoke it in between your crack hits.

I've wasted more time on you than you deserve.

Again, OP, apologies. I hope you find a fix for your problem.
In all honesty sorry i offended you, i was just angry at what they did to me thats all, sorry for calling you dumb, im not really like this here im not for one to talk internet crap or put people down. Tis is like the first time i blew up my bad. But i hope you understand were i came from, And i wasn't a *** to derick i was real cool when i met him and was very supportive to is comments and plans he had for his car i did kinda chuckle at when he poped the hood cause i was expecting a moded motor but thats all and it was all gravy as far as i knew. People have told me there is allot of racism in that area but that sucks if that was the issue.

And they told me there dyno at the time was a mustang dyno. So idk.

my mistake i didn't report them! i was too busy trying to fix the engine they destroyed! he knows exactly who i am! tell him i had the all motor red 98'' gsr. And what could e possibly do? i sent them my feadback mail reply so they must have it on file! i will gladly talk to him about what they did! it was real wrong for them to know they blew my motor and try to cover up with a bogus excuse that it will clear up on the way home. But by now there really nothing they could do but buy me a new head or compensate the damaged motor head with a check which i doubt they will do. I sent them my feadback and told them exactly what they did, If they had any intention to take care of me they would have got into contact with me within a day of reading what they did to my motor.

im sorry to op.

I don't do drugs sorry, you should pat your self on the back for being a ase certified tech.

try dynotech motorsports. He is the tuner.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The dizzy is the OEM dizzy, used but works. I did NOT adjust the ignition timing. I just plugged it in, made sure it fitted correctly and started her up. Model TD-85U

I already dropped her off at a mech to see whats wrong. But he hasnt called back yet, think they're closed Sundays. I told him to check to see what the problem is for 4 misfire.

The car isnt being raced, its to get me from point A to B while saving gas . Gas in SD is a bitch, keeps on going up.

I dont know too much about cars and I didnt want to fiddle around trying to buy parts to fix it. So hopefully the new mech can pinpoint the problem and we'll go from there.
I usually follow the DIY on HT, its super nice to have DIY that others have done ( THX).

I will keep you guys posted on what the new mech said. Thx for the help btw
Old 10-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fujimi
The dizzy is the OEM dizzy, used but works. I did NOT adjust the ignition timing. I just plugged it in, made sure it fitted correctly and started her up. Model TD-85U

I already dropped her off at a mech to see whats wrong. But he hasnt called back yet, think they're closed Sundays. I told him to check to see what the problem is for 4 misfire.

The car isnt being raced, its to get me from point A to B while saving gas . Gas in SD is a bitch, keeps on going up.

I dont know too much about cars and I didnt want to fiddle around trying to buy parts to fix it. So hopefully the new mech can pinpoint the problem and we'll go from there.
I usually follow the DIY on HT, its super nice to have DIY that others have done ( THX).

I will keep you guys posted on what the new mech said. Thx for the help btw
ok good maybe its just your timing is off, i believe once my timing was off and it was throwing muliple misfire codes, the timing gear skipped a tooth and my rotor inside the dizzy was loose, i believe when i fixed those the codes went away.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...3000156&page=2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some help and guidance, Misfire in all 4 cylinders.