Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Power door locks and 3 power windows do not work, 1 power window does work though...

Old 09-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Power door locks and 3 power windows do not work, 1 power window does work though...

I pm'd "RonJ@HT" before i read that his signature said not to pm and to create a thread so here it is:

i fix up cars here and there, buy cheap fix the probs and sell them. well i ran into one of the same probs i gave up on last time, door locks. but i have 2 probs now. i have a 98 civic 4dr lx, the drivers side front window rolls down just fine but none of the other 3 do. the power door locks do not work either.
-i have taken out and tested the driver REAR regulator and track and it works just fine so i assume the others do (once i get the driver rear to roll down and if the others still dont ill troublehsoot that from there)
-i have checked all fuses relating to both the door locks and windows. checked and replaced fuse under hood for door locks and then tested fuse test tabs and get power. i also get power on all fuses relating to windows on the fuses inside the car
-i have replaced the door lock control unit and door lock switch itself and no change
-i have replaced the power window relay on the fuse panel inside of the car and no change
-last thing i tested was the grn/wht wire leading into the door lock switch and it did NOT have power...

with that said its a wiring problem correct? possible door hinge wire damage? what else can you think for me to test?

thanks again HT masters!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Power door locks and 3 power windows do not work, 1 power window does work though

Have you replaced the whole control switch on the driver's door?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power door locks and 3 power windows do not work, 1 power window does work though

the drivers side power window master control switch? yes i did, i grabbed one at a pick and pull and still the same thing...and yes the switch is off that stops the other windows from rolling down lol
Old 09-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 09-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow well finally had time to troubleshoot it again...
unplugged the door hinge wire plug and plugged it back in and now all the windows work...the door locks still do not work though =(
Old 09-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

more testing, no power to grn/wht wire on power door locks...
when testing with a test light, i touch the test light to the black wire (which i assume is ground) and hit the door lock and it seems to unlock/lock the doors but very faint...the light also lights up real quick and turns off
so i think i may have ground issue?!?
Old 09-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also have a bizarre issue. drivers side power window works just fine, both passenger side windows work just fine BUT the drivers side rear only rolls down. i took the regulator and hooked it up to the pass side rear and it goes up and down just fine. so that means the regulator is just fine. i hooked the regulator all back up and swapped out the window switch. it still will only go down and when i try to roll it up its like it doesnt have power at all...so another electrical issue with the rear door now am i right?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well problem found i guess...
black and green wire broke off the plug...
now to brainstorm what to do
Attached Images