Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

my final list before i take the plunge and buy everything- input welcomed

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my final list before i take the plunge and buy everything- input welcomed

ok so this winter im starting a new n/a build since i need more than the 203whp i currently have out of my gsr

ill be doing a 2.0ge sleeved block with je 13:1 comp pistons pro3 cams 94oct
people that want to say the comp is too high but i have a friend running the same comp made awesome power on 94 so thats in stone, some of the parts im getting because in the future ill enter the boost world and want to make sure i dont have to buy things again, everything that hasnt been bought will be within the next month so if anyone has any suggestions or imput as too what i can change let me know, the car is a weekend/lapping car

the list
ge 84.5mm block (ordered already)
ge head gasket (dont have yet)
ge headstuds (dont have yet)
ge intake manifold (ordered with block)
74mm skunk2 pro throttle body (dont have yet)

the head im getting my good friend has that he built and never got to use it and i got an awesome deal on it

gsr head ported
full skunk2 pro series valvetrain
skunk2 pro3 camshafts

je 13.1 pistons (dont have yet)
eagle or manley rods (dont have yet)
b20 crank (have)
oem bearings (dont have yet)

smsp header or toda not sure yet

1000cc id injectors, aem fpr, walbro255 (have from my current build)

hondata s300 and will be tuned by tony at dynamotorsports my goal is 250whp that combined with my current itr transmission quide lsd and m factory 4.9 final drive

thanks for any imput
Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: my final list before i take the plunge and buy everything- input welcomed

your dropping quite alot of cash for a just 50 extra ponies.

Do a 50/75/100 shot for 350 bucks, tune and call it a day

1000cc injectors are a bit overkill, you can do the same with 310's or 440s
Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my final list before i take the plunge and buy everything- input welcomed

Nitrious is not allowed in the time attack series here, and my I'd 1000's idled better than my 440cc rc's. With my pro1 cams

And I'm selling my old motor which is paying for a lot and got the whole head for an awesome deal so I'm not spending as much as you think iam
Old 09-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my experience... The more oem the better on the roadcourse. Im sure a professionally built custom race engine would work very well. My oem engines have taken a beating out there with mishifts, 25 min sessions, time and time again. But I cant say the same for the aftermarket block and head stuff I've tried. Overheating and bearing problems killed the fun. I dunno, maybe Im amateur, maybe its bad luck. For the foreseeable future I will be using stock motors, even if Im not the fastest.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice. should run good.. If you are interested i have a bunch of Race parts for sale for B series. check the link in my sig if you need anything.

Also have some pro 3 cams for sale for $450 shipped. not sure on what cams you are going with but if you are interested i figured i'd pass along a deal.

Gl and keep us updated on the progress!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by the171
my experience... The more oem the better on the roadcourse. Im sure a professionally built custom race engine would work very well. My oem engines have taken a beating out there with mishifts, 25 min sessions, time and time again. But I cant say the same for the aftermarket block and head stuff I've tried. Overheating and bearing problems killed the fun. I dunno, maybe Im amateur, maybe its bad luck. For the foreseeable future I will be using stock motors, even if Im not the fastest.
im no pro either, but i dont see aslong as you have the right cooling, built properly and tuned properly why i would have issues. on my 203whp built gsr ran awesome had manley rods wiseco pistons skunk2 valvetrain pro1 cams, and many other guys running built motors aswell
Old 09-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

quick question, since i will be using a b20 crank do i go with b20 bearings? will the b20 bearing hold up to the high rev limit? didnt really think of this till now
Old 09-21-2012, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by milanoteggy
quick question, since i will be using a b20 crank do i go with b20 bearings? will the b20 bearing hold up to the high rev limit? didnt really think of this till now
Defs upgrade the bearings. Dont use OEM bearings.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oem won't do good with high rpms since a stock b20 never sees over 7k rpms. Do yourself a favor and get aftermarket bearings and arp rod bolts