Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Originally Posted by Krueger3
I'll try to get a vid of a run or two.
I vote yes.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey nice hatch man! i love it, I have a 93 civic EX coupe. i'm looking to get wheels for it, and i'm sold on the Rota's... what size are yours? 16's? I can't decide between 15's and 16's.... i want great handling and great looks. lol, i'll be getting a Megan racing cat-back soon, then a turbo kit, after that coil overs! xD i'm currently lowered on springs, and I can understand where you're coming from, i'm a junior in High school and about to turn 17. lol
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98.4DR.EK.D16
Why wait till next year? What were the issues and what were the times?
That was the last races our track is doing this year, yes early but i think they are doing a little bit of construction so they stopped earyly. No real time to speak of, was in the high 9's. Pretty pathetic either no traction or was bogging.

Originally Posted by canadaek
nice build but either loose the asr or get a rear sway bar.
Rear sway will come this winter

Originally Posted by ek4selfless
Very impressive build. How is traction? Have you ran it in a 1/4?
Traction on the street is amazing surprisingly, little spin on launch or top of first in second but very much better then i was expecting. No 1/4 pass yet, wanna make a decent pass in the 1/8 before i go 1/4. The closest track to my home town besides the 1/8 we have is 4 hours away so i dont wanna go until i know im ready.

Originally Posted by jdmem205
Great build. What paint did you use on the wheels? Makes me want to convert mine and turbo it but rather keep it for looks and dd.
surprisingly i used spray paint from walmart, Laquer is what its called, and self etching primer, lays on thick but looks great, this winter i want to blast them and powdercoat though

Originally Posted by StreetsideStig
I vote yes.
No video sorry, not much to see at this point anyway ha

Originally Posted by motoracer951
hey nice hatch man! i love it, I have a 93 civic EX coupe. i'm looking to get wheels for it, and i'm sold on the Rota's... what size are yours? 16's? I can't decide between 15's and 16's.... i want great handling and great looks. lol, i'll be getting a Megan racing cat-back soon, then a turbo kit, after that coil overs! xD i'm currently lowered on springs, and I can understand where you're coming from, i'm a junior in High school and about to turn 17. lol
mine are 16's, love them, 15's or 16's look great either way though. mine preform well too.

Being at the end of my junior year when i picked this car up, i never would have thought it'd make it to where its at. Seriously dont know how i did it or how i kept with it but im so proud of myself and cant explain how good it feels to know you did it all yourself, specially at a young age. All i can say is keep with it and you'll do some sick **** haha. Ill have to check out the car man, glad your planning fun stuff for the future
Old 09-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Being as how i didnt really get to see what my car could do this year, im planning some stuff for the winter.
-Good slicks
-Wheels for slicks
-possible traction bar, heard good and bad give me your input
-need to raise it to make it all around easier and better for driving and racing
-Sway bar for the back
-new axle seals as mine are bad and i didnt address them earlier....
-ball joints
-Get my launch control to work (this will be a huge advantage to racing in itself)
We'll see how far i get though. My goal for next year, have a good season and see what this thing is made of. IMO i think this is easily an 8 second car (1/8 mile) with lots of potential.

If everything goes good next year, i might towards the end of next year or next winter, go e85 and get some more power out of it. Just have to wait and see but as of now thats my plan.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks great man! nice job for being so young too. slicks and traction bar will help those 1/8 times out
Old 09-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

O ok then how did the white paint hold up to the sun n dirt n environment?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mayfly
looks great man! nice job for being so young too. slicks and traction bar will help those 1/8 times out
Thanks man! And ya I'm hoping to do little better next year

O ok then how did the white paint hold up to the sun n dirt n environment?
Not too bad. Do lots of coats of clear and it's just like normal. Mine didn't turn out tremendously good but we did my buddies same way and all and they've been mistaken as powdercoated more times then I can count. Hold up for a year and a half solid too.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my jaw was dropped by the end of your post. good work man!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95eggsr66
my jaw was dropped by the end of your post. good work man!
I appreciate it haha means a lot
Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

O ok then I'll have to buy a couple of cans of krylon white and some clear and spray my si's
Old 09-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

O ok then I'll have to buy a couple of cans of krylon white and some clear and spray my si's
for sure man, just remember, prep makes or breaks the paint though. prep it very well
Old 12-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Big change of plans on this guys. I decided that im too worried about what other people think and what it can do that ive lost site of my real dream.

My real dream was to build this car to pretty much almost exactly what it is now, with some minor changes or additions. I just want people to appreciate what its become. Its not a drag car so im not gonna change half the set up to make one good pass. Im going to keep it how it is and just drive and enjoy it.

where i live its tough to find people that appreciate honda's or hard work, it comes but its not as much as it should be.

I just want some recognition for all my hard work, i want people to know this is my dream and its reality. Im 19 with one of my dreams cars in life sitting before my eyes. and not one person has really really appreciated it...
Old 12-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Big change of plans on this guys. I decided that im too worried about what other people think and what it can do that ive lost site of my real dream.

My real dream was to build this car to pretty much almost exactly what it is now, with some minor changes or additions. I just want people to appreciate what its become. Its not a drag car so im not gonna change half the set up to make one good pass. Im going to keep it how it is and just drive and enjoy it.

where i live its tough to find people that appreciate honda's or hard work, it comes but its not as much as it should be.

I just want some recognition for all my hard work, i want people to know this is my dream and its reality. Im 19 with one of my dreams cars in life sitting before my eyes. and not one person has really really appreciated it...
I agree build your car for you not what other people think. If they like it cool, if not oh well. I personally love it, the engine and bay came out great! Keep it clean and be proud of your work!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you sound like a *****. no need to whine about recognition for your car. you have several pages of people who all expressed their appreciation for the work put in your car.no one asked you to build a 9 second car either. we all were asking about your times at the track out of CURIOSITY. just enjoy it and do what YOU wanna do.

p.s. no offense for the first line but this emo post was not needed
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was going to chime in and compliment you. But now I see you are some whiny bitch who cares too much about what other people think. Grow up fool. And build and drive what you like. You gonna get stepped on a lot in life if you keep that up.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

super nice build. i wish i had the money for that.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Props on the build mayne! What kinna job do you have to bring in all that money? Im 19 too and i can barely afford parts my hatch. lol
Old 12-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good job...
my civic turbo project is going slow but one day is a good finished project.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Exactly what I picturing my Sol looking like kind of. We're the same age too but I have no money at the moment or tools, need to go to school so I can't invest yet but eventually Kinda give me motivation to go work on it right now haha well done
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vallejoda9
Props on the build mayne! What kinna job do you have to bring in all that money? Im 19 too and i can barely afford parts my hatch. lol
Lol exactly my problem!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98.4DR.EK.D16
you sound like a *****. no need to whine about recognition for your car. you have several pages of people who all expressed their appreciation for the work put in your car.no one asked you to build a 9 second car either. we all were asking about your times at the track out of CURIOSITY. just enjoy it and do what YOU wanna do.

p.s. no offense for the first line but this emo post was not needed
Originally Posted by Swap'DShuttle
Was going to chime in and compliment you. But now I see you are some whiny bitch who cares too much about what other people think. Grow up fool. And build and drive what you like. You gonna get stepped on a lot in life if you keep that up.
It may seem that way and i apologize for that. I do appreciate all the compliments ive gotten here. Thats one reason why i posted it here. Im on a local forum, smaller just very few members, and well they like it and appreciate it sorta. I like all the recogntions ive gotten from ppl like you guys and others but just people around the towns im around are all harsh and its a honda so they hate. Thats the only real reason i say all that i suppose. Just wanna prove to ppl that anything can be cool. Not just stanced STI's or diesels. Thats about the only thing.. Not meaning to complain so i apologize for coming off that way.