Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Power Door Lock Control Module help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Door Lock Control Module help

Okay so I'm sick of searching but I know its out there, a few years ago I found a thread (don't know if it was on HT or TI) but the guy had the same problem and half way down someone was a ****ing genius and had a work around.

So basically the driver side door lock switch will only LOCK. I have a relay wired in of course but one day back in the day they came un plugged while working on a speaker or some **** and i hooked it up wrong, long story short I shorted out LF unlock circuit by putting 12v instead of ground to the circuit.

Someone out there knows what I'm talking about, you wire in the unlock circuit to the passenger side circuit and the driver side works again, anyone know where that diagram is or what wire is passenger/driver or even what I'm trying to do. No, I will not go buy a new module since I know this can be bypassed and reworked to function.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Power Door Lock Control Module help

If the drivers door switch still supplies a ground when unlocking, [switch still good] move the green/red, [drivers switch unlock lead] at the Door Lock Control Unit to the light green, [pass. door key cylinder switch unlock lead] at the DLCU you can also try moving it to the black/red, [pass. door switch unlock lead].

The above will only work if the drivers door switch still supplies a ground when rocked to unlock.

Also you said you have a relay wired in, what relay, to what and why?? 94
Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
If the drivers door switch still supplies a ground when unlocking, [switch still good] move the green/red, [drivers switch unlock lead] at the Door Lock Control Unit to the light green, [pass. door key cylinder switch unlock lead] at the DLCU you can also try moving it to the black/red, [pass. door switch unlock lead].

The above will only work if the drivers door switch still supplies a ground when rocked to unlock.

Also you said you have a relay wired in, what relay, to what and why?? 94
For the unlock switch only works when key is on. The relay is fine, tested it on passenger side also.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wired a relay so it doesnt unlock unless the key is in the on position to deter quiet break ins. the pass. side works fine, i wired the relay from driver side into pass. side to test the relay and it still works. the switch also works on pass side so ive come to the conclusion i jacked up the driver side unlock circuit. does anyone have a better solution to the unlock relay set up than whats on t-i? i thought i saw a revised version to extend the life of the relay but i cant seem to find that anymore either. i hate switching desktops and losing bookmarks.

thanks for those wires, i figured it was the black and red but didnt want to **** something up again.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:51 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

OIC, is the relay on the unlock lead, [green/red] from the drivers door power door lock switch, if not what lead is it on?

Have you confirmed that the switch is still good, or did you mean you tried it on the pass. side and it worked?

If the relay is on the green/red unlock lead have you confirmed the drives door unlock circuit is in fact bad by supplying a ground to the green/red past the relay?

Do the door lock cylinder switches, [door key] still unlock both doors from either side, [central unlock]? 94
Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah the relay is to the green/red for driver unlock. i just cut the wire at the module and spliced it to the black/red for pass side and all is well again. man what a pain in the *** the last year has been when it was this easy. laziness ftl this time.

the door key hold to unlock/lock still operates so does the alarm. its like nothing ever happened lol. now to fix that pesky boost leak.. pfft

thanks for clarifying the wiring scheme, i had an idea of splicing into the black/red but wasnt positive.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you know, i think you have helped with most of my tech questions fcm. thanks a lot man. as i learn hopefully i can return the favor some day.