Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate > Politics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Stroker
Garage is empty, add now

Default Did Obama Work for the CIA???

http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2012...r-and-the-cia/

Pretty interesting article. I am sure that it is pulling at strings, much like a tampon thief, but it is something to ponder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
n his autobiography, Dreams From My Fathers, Barack Obama writes of taking a job at some point after graduating from Columbia University in 1983. He describes his employer as “a consulting house to multinational corporations” in New York City, and his functions as a “research assistant” and “financial writer”.

Oddly, Obama doesn’t mention the name of his employer. However, a New York Times story of October 30, 2007 identifies the company as Business International Corporation. Equally odd is that the Times did not remind its readers that the newspaper itself had disclosed in 1977 that Business International had provided cover for four CIA employees in various countries between 1955 and 1960.10

The British journal, Lobster — which, despite its incongruous name, is a venerable international publication on intelligence matters — has reported that Business International was active in the 1980s promoting the candidacy of Washington-favored candidates in Australia and Fiji.11 In 1987, the CIA overthrew the Fiji government after but one month in office because of its policy of maintaining the island as a nuclear-free zone, meaning that American nuclear-powered or nuclear-weapons-carrying ships could not make port calls.12 After the Fiji coup, the candidate supported by Business International, who was much more amenable to Washington’s nuclear desires, was reinstated to power — R.S.K. Mara was Prime Minister or President of Fiji from 1970 to 2000, except for the one-month break in 1987.

In his book, not only doesn’t Obama mention his employer’s name; he fails to say exactly when he worked there, or why he left the job. There may well be no significance to these omissions, but inasmuch as Business International has a long association with the world of intelligence, covert actions, and attempts to penetrate the radical left — including Students for a Democratic Society (SDS)13 — it’s reasonable to wonder if the inscrutable Mr. Obama is concealing something about his own association with this world.

Adding to the wonder is the fact that his mother, Ann Dunham, had been associated during the 1970s and 80s — as employee, consultant, grantee, or student — with at least five organizations with intimate CIA connections during the Cold War: The Ford Foundation, Agency for International Development (AID), the Asia Foundation, Development Alternatives, Inc., and the East-West Center of Hawaii.14 Much of this time she worked as an anthropologist in Indonesia and Hawaii, being in good position to gather intelligence about local communities.

As one example of the CIA connections of these organizations, consider the disclosure by John Gilligan, Director of AID during the Carter administration (1977-81). “At one time, many AID field offices were infiltrated from top to bottom with CIA people. The idea was to plant operatives in every kind of activity we had overseas, government, volunteer, religious, every kind.”15 And Development Alternatives, Inc. is the organization for whom Alan Gross was working when arrested in Cuba and charged with being part of the ongoing American operation to destabilize the Cuban government.
Some of the comments under the article are interesting, as well. Carry on sheeple, carry on.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Ross
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Ross
Default Re: Did Obama Work for the CIA???

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this were true.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
doood
been there done that
2005 Acura RSX

iTrader Rating: (1)

and now they work for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by 213374U View Post
We can be gay together bro
doood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
Stroker
Garage is empty, add now

Not really. The CIA pretty much runs itself and tell the White House what to say they are telling the CIA to do.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
FijiBlueFG2
You mad bro?
2008 Honda Civic

Couple of flaws...it would be very difficult to get security clearance of CIA levels after having been previously associated with groups such as SDS.

Secondly, if Obama truly did smoke pot and snort cocaine while in college, he certainly would not have been admitted to the CIA right out of college...unless he is a better liar than we think.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Johnny.
Widow's Son
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Johnny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker View Post
Not really. The CIA pretty much runs itself and tell the White House what to say they are telling the CIA to do.
Eh...not really. He who controls the budget calls the shots. The NSC by virtue of it's office directs policy which directs requirements which directs operations.

Therein lies the age old question: Does policy direct intelligence or intelligence direct policy. It's a very very thin line.
Comments or Statements made using this screen name are frequently made in jest. These statements do not represent the position of any organization or entity and should not be taken as factual commentary on any topic, to include the author.
Johnny. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
ILcrxsi1
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2 View Post
Couple of flaws...it would be very difficult to get security clearance of CIA levels after having been previously associated with groups such as SDS.

Secondly, if Obama truly did smoke pot and snort cocaine while in college, he certainly would not have been admitted to the CIA right out of college...unless he is a better liar than we think.
I bet the CIA will take people that have done drugs before
ILcrxsi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
Johnny.
Widow's Son
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:

Oh young one, you have a lot to learn.
Comments or Statements made using this screen name are frequently made in jest. These statements do not represent the position of any organization or entity and should not be taken as factual commentary on any topic, to include the author.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
FijiBlueFG2
You mad bro?
2008 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILcrxsi1 View Post
I bet the CIA will take people that have done drugs before
Pretty sure they don't. They analyze every aspect of your life, including if you've ever participated in, or witnessed drug trafficking take place. So that time you went with your buddy to pick up that nickelbag of Arizona mids...there goes your CIA career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny. View Post
Oh young one, you have a lot to learn.
Go on...
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
Johnny.
Widow's Son
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Pretty sure they don't.
I will bet my life that they do.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
ILcrxsi1
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

I would imagine that the CIA is a little more realistic and understands that drugs are out there and that if they want some high quality employees they're going to be getting people that have done drugs. Shit, for people working in the field they might prefer people that have done drugs
Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
FijiBlueFG2
You mad bro?
2008 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny. View Post
I will bet my life that they do.
I'll take your word for it.

I'm not talking about the intern who works the front desk of the CIA headquarters...anyone can do that. I'm talking about the people who actually become CIA agents...the ones with actual security clearances.

I have relatives who have been in the DOD for 30+ years with absolutely no criminal records who cannot even get CIA clearances for the projects they're working on.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
Tokyosmash!
Tickle-shits
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Tokyosmash!

Quote:
Pretty sure they don't. They analyze every aspect of your life, including if you've ever participated in, or witnessed drug trafficking take place. So that time you went with your buddy to pick up that nickelbag of Arizona mids...there goes your CIA career.

Go on...
As was stated before, you have much learning to do, many levels to the CIA who recruit from everywhere, lots of people omit things to employers, that includes people joining the military.

Sayin'
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
FijiBlueFG2
You mad bro?
2008 Honda Civic

Quote:
I would imagine that the CIA is a little more realistic and understands that drugs are out there and that if they want some high quality employees they're going to be getting people that have done drugs. Shit, for people working in the field they might prefer people that have done drugs
Here's the FBI policy. I can't see the CIA being much different.

Quote:
EMPLOYMENT DRUG POLICY
Click the image to open in full size.
The FBI is firmly committed to a drug-free society and work place. Therefore, the unlawful use of drugs by FBI employees is not tolerated. Furthermore, applicants for employment with the FBI who currently use illegal drugs will be found unsuitable for employment. The FBI does not condone any prior unlawful drug use by applicants. We realize, however, some otherwise qualified applicants may have used drugs at some point in their pasts. The following policy sets forth the criteria for determining whether any prior drug use makes an applicant unsuitable for employment, balancing the needs of the FBI to maintain a drug-free workplace and the public integrity necessary to accomplish the FBI’s intelligence and law enforcement missions. Applicants who do not meet the listed criteria should not apply for any FBI position.
Criteria
You can easily determine whether you meet the FBI's illegal drug policy by answering the following questions:

1. Have you used marijuana at all within the last three years?
  2. Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?
  3. Have you ever sold, distributed, manufactured, or transported any illegal drug?
  4. Have you ever used any prescription drug or used a legally obtainable substance in a manner for which it was not intended within three years (36 months) preceding the date of the preliminary application for employment?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, you are not eligible for employment with the FBI
https://www.fbijobs.gov/52.asp
Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #15
doood
been there done that
2005 Acura RSX

lol i was able to get a secret security clearance without even trying and previous drug use, although i never told them that. i could've gotten a top secret clearance but i didnt need or want one.
Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #16
Abandoned Ship
New medicines
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyosmash! View Post
As was stated before, you have much learning to do, many levels to the CIA who recruit from everywhere, lots of people omit things to employers, that includes people joining the military.

Sayin'
deny deny deny if thats what gets you through.

the recruiters told my buddy to omit just about everything haha.

i'm sure they'll tell me the same thing.

GDD Aesthetics Krew
Abandoned Ship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
doood
been there done that
2005 Acura RSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abandoned Ship View Post
deny deny deny if thats what gets you through.

the recruiters told my buddy to omit just about everything haha.

i'm sure they'll tell me the same thing.
admit nothing deny everything
Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #18
Tokyosmash!
Tickle-shits
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Tokyosmash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doood View Post
lol i was able to get a secret security clearance without even trying and previous drug use, although i never told them that. i could've gotten a top secret clearance but i didnt need or want one.
As long as its not habitual I'm pretty sure they don't care, that's why the Army does the big personality/character exam upon initial entry.

<--- has secret too, FO's ftw.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #19
Ross
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Ross

Quote:
I was just going to post that what you're saying sounds more like the FBI than the CIA.

CIA is a different animal entirely...FBI is very stiff and buttoned-up.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
doood
been there done that
2005 Acura RSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyosmash! View Post
As long as its not habitual I'm pretty sure they don't care, that's why the Army does the big personality/character exam upon initial entry.

<--- has secret too, FO's ftw.
is everyday for 2 years straight habitual?

when my recruiter asked me how often i smoked i just gave him a blank stare, after about a minute of not saying anything he just put down "experimental use" and said not to say anything to the people at MEPS about it.
Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #21
Tim2179
eight equals equals equals D
1963 Buick Riviera

iTrader Rating: (2)
Stumpjumper Pro

Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #22
sCeRaXn
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member
2000 Audi S4
My Garage

sceraxn

The CIA isnt stupid enough to assume that uptight and squeaky clean people will be able to go deep undercover in the grimy underworlds that they track. Sometimes you need people who are familiar with that lifestyle in order to be able to gain the trust of the people theyre spying on. We arent talking about small time drug dealers that are stupid enough to get busted by a cop with a fake mustache and stick on tattoo's, if an organization is large enough to gain the CIA's attention then theyre probably smart enough to pick out those types of people lol

Id be willing to bet that the CIA employees a vast diversity of people for this very reason. That kind of diversity is needed when you have a need to send personel to any corner of the world who are able to blend in perfectly.
sCeRaXn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #23
tazeat
Honda-Tech Member
1997 Honda Civic
My Garage

Quote:

https://www.fbijobs.gov/52.asp
Keep in mind this was also 1980. Having tried pot doesn't mean ****, even on a clearance. Also yes, those that work the desk still probably all have at minimum a CIA performed TS clearance.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he had worked for the CIA I don't see it really making a difference though.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #24
ILcrxsi1
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by doood View Post
is everyday for 2 years straight habitual?

when my recruiter asked me how often i smoked i just gave him a blank stare, after about a minute of not saying anything he just put down "experimental use" and said not to say anything to the people at MEPS about it.
When I was in high school my recruiter gave me niacin to clean out my system so that I could go to MEPS.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
doood
been there done that
2005 Acura RSX

Quote:
When I was in high school my recruiter gave me niacin to clean out my system so that I could go to MEPS.
by the time i left for MEPS i was already 3 months clean so no ****s were given
Quote:

submit to reddit