Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

alot of issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alot of issues

okay first its a 91 db1 with a b18b1 and a b16 tranny. i traded my DA for this car because it was down the lines of sleeper and i liked the swap and tranny with short gears. and i now have a beautiful daughter. so here we go

the flashers do not work. both left and right blinkers work but the right one has a very fast pace and no bulbs are out and nothing is blown all fuses are good.

second when i start the car up first thing in the AM it stalls and hesitates alot i have to put it at half throttle most of the time for a good 2 minuts befor it idles normal.

therd. the igniction is messed up. ill go and start the car and out of no were ill hear a click and nothing happens. it does it sometimes but not all the time. most times it will start up jst fine others ill get a "click: and i have to cycle the key atleast 20 times or hold it in the start spot untill it finaly cranks.

last one is my breaks. there feels as if there is no break pressure at all in the breaks ill be sitting at a red light and the peddle starts to drop to the floor and i start moving forward. i made sure to bleed all the lines but no change. could it be the MC? im very new to integras-hondas im used to mustangs because thats what ive worked on so any positive help would be great. thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alot of issues

sorry for the spelling i know i suck at it. =P
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1990-da
okay first its a 91 db1 with a b18b1 and a b16 tranny. i traded my DA for this car because it was down the lines of sleeper and i liked the swap and tranny with short gears. and i now have a beautiful daughter. so here we go

the flashers do not work. both left and right blinkers work but the right one has a very fast pace and no bulbs are out and nothing is blown all fuses are good.

You probably have a dual-filament bulb somewhere

second when i start the car up first thing in the AM it stalls and hesitates alot i have to put it at half throttle most of the time for a good 2 minuts befor it idles normal.

Make sure you have a thermostat, and its operating correctly, check Fast Idle Thermo valve(FITV) also.

therd. the igniction is messed up. ill go and start the car and out of no were ill hear a click and nothing happens. it does it sometimes but not all the time. most times it will start up jst fine others ill get a "click: and i have to cycle the key atleast 20 times or hold it in the start spot untill it finaly cranks.

Check connections on your starter, if they are tight, starters going out. You can fix this yourself, usually its the copper contacts on the inside that go bad. $12 on eBay.

last one is my breaks. there feels as if there is no break pressure at all in the breaks ill be sitting at a red light and the peddle starts to drop to the floor and i start moving forward. i made sure to bleed all the lines but no change. could it be the MC? im very new to integras-hondas im used to mustangs because thats what ive worked on so any positive help would be great. thanks.
Check the vacuum hose that goes from the MC to the intake manifold, and make sure the valve is pointed the right direction.

I would also check by your pedals, see if its leaking, if your in an area where rust is common or the car came from a place with rust, your brake lines may have a small hole.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay so yes the starter bolt was loose and i raised my idle up just a tad bit for now untill i do more work tomo. when i was doing the starter i herd this load hissing sound and the next thing i see is my abs resv was overflowing with break flued out of nowere!!!!???? dafuq?!