Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Transmission & Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
TheToaster
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (1)
Default Won't go into Reverse

So I just rebuilt it. Hooked up a spare linkage and it wont go into reverse.

I know that reverse is different and usually a bitch even in the stock transmission. Usually have to rev it and try a few time before it goes in.

Problem is, I cant get it to move at all. I can go into 1-5 (although with a little jiggling) I am guessing its not *Like butter* because it is off and there is no oil in it.

But still reverse isn't moving and the fork doesnt even Budge. Here attached are some pictures. If you need to see anything let me know.

I really need to get this figured out ASAP

Thanks
Side Note: The 5th Gear hub keeps wanting to sneak up off the mainshaft and I keep tapping it down. Wondering if this will happen in the case.

PS: This reverse thing on the right side just sits there limp dick and doesnt seem to do anything. Did I install this wrong? And the Back of the big one has a spring loaded arm but it doesnt seem to do anything either.. Hmm Let me know
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
Mista Bone
D Tranny Guru
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Mista Bone
Default Re: Won't go into Reverse

Guy, one forum is enough.

Answer my reply on DSO.

submit to reddit

Tags
04, 2002, accord, acura, civic, element, gear, honda, odyssey, revers, reverse, rsx, shift, tl, wont