Notices
Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

P0700 & P0715 Codes...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0700 & P0715 Codes...

I understand that the P0700 Code is just a general "your transmission isn't quite right" code, but the P0715 is a bit more perplexing. I have read and read and read on this. I have been advised to replaced the tranny (I did that, along with the torque converter), the linear solenoid, the speed sensors, flushing the tranny...etc etc. And I'm just not sure what my next troubleshooting step should be. I'll replace the linear next (being that is the sole part that I had to swap from the old tranny to the new one because on the new one it was broken), but if that doesn't do the trick I'm just not sure.

Let me explain what it's doing. It cranks up and runs just fine for a little bit, then shortly after it gets to operating temp it just stops engaging. Like it goes into neutral. It drives great before that. The engine is smooth, the tranny shifted a little hard in first but I think I just need to add a bit more tranny fluid. I'm pretty sure the tranny itself isn't the issue because I have swapped everything (and I'm getting the exact same result). Tranny, converter, ecu...the previous owner said she had all new sensors put on it...so, I'm at a loss. Any help? Thanks!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: P0700 & P0715 Codes...

I can almost guarantee you it's the transmission. The one you put in, what did it come out of? Was it a known good working unit? Also, make sure the transmission matches the engine or you will have both of those codes. (it will work though, shift a little funky and throw those 2 codes, but it will still drive ok)
Old 02-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Trial User

I don't think it's the tranny man. Both of them are pulling the same codes and behaving exactly the same. Old tranny and the new one. And it's not a y7 with a y8 mismatch. The tranny that was in there was the one that came stock and though I can't verify 100% on the second tranny I am certain it's the y8 because again, it's acting exactly like it did when the other tranny was in there. Am I being clear? (didn't mean that jerky, meant literally :D) I appreciate your post 94
Old 02-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Seagull Management

You're being clear That said, having worked at a Honda dealer, and talking to some of the older techs that have been there for a long time about this type of thing before, it's never the sensors or solenoids that go bad, always the transmission (other than a few odysseys) I don't supposed you're in the New Bruswick Canada area eh? I've got a Y8 automatic tranny sitting in my garage I'd dearly like to get rid of.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Trial User

Haha if you're willing to drop it off to me I'd give ya 150$ for it. I'm in Houston. :D Well, I have been down around the block a couple of times myself and I've been through many Honda's and this is the first time I've seen this issue so I'm having a VERY hard time buying that it's the tranny. Not just the first, but the second as well? I've heard people say "it's never the sensors" before and I would definitely say that they are speaking within their experience and in 99% of the cases correct, but I just can't see that as being correct in this one. I've replaced the tranny once, I'm not doing it again. That will be my very LAST trouble shooting step after being the FIRST based on another's advice. I'm going to figure this out one way or another. I will try the linear solenoid from a JY and see what happens. Any other ideas other than "keep replacing the tranny until the code goes away" ? :D
Old 02-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Seagull Management

Originally Posted by Nyestrovic
Haha if you're willing to drop it off to me I'd give ya 150$ for it. I'm in Houston. :D
Haha, that's a little far

Copied to transmission and drivetrain.