Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
ccarey
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default why people insist on telling you what to do with your money and your car or anything

It amazes me how you will find people (especially when your selling things) that will proceed to tell you how much you should sell your stuff for and how they got this or that for this price. Then they tell you that you should have done this or you should have done that as they proceed to call you stupid for doing the things YOU chose to do. Then they wont shut up about how there so much better off then you are because they bought JUNK for cheap and try to make it out like its a 10,000 car lol. Just curious but why do people do that? I don't know about some of you but I really get sick of hearing it. I don't know everybody's situation and yes we all come across GREAT DEALS sometimes but why put other people or what they choose to do down. Maybe what they chose to do is EXACTLY what they wanted. What happened to common courtesy and respect to others. I'm just saying.....
Old 01-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
DIYKITS@BB4lude
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (1)
Default Re: why people insist on telling you what to do with your money and your car or anyth

because it's easy to say behind the curtain we like to call "the internet."
DIYKITS@BB4lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Knightsport
His Dudeness
2009 Ford F-250
My Garage

Knightsport
Default Re: why people insist on telling you what to do with your money and your car or anyth

Welcome to the interwebz.

Wear a helmet.

P.S. Cool story bro.

http://honda-tech.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Knightsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
ccarey
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

well true, I guess I'm old and "old school" I try to treat others exactly how I would if I was standing in front of them . Some are young and don't know and some are old and think they know it all. To each is his or her own but damn it gets a bit ridiculous. I just tell people thanks for their opinion and move on but some just don't understand what that means
Old 01-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Knightsport
His Dudeness
2009 Ford F-250
My Garage

Knightsport

How old are you if you don't mind my asking?

Or do you mean an 'old soul.'

Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
ccarey
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYKITS@BB4lude View Post
just noticed your location says michigan.... bump for that, it my home state
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
ccarey
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

coming up on 32. Na just meant my raising were from parents with old school beliefs haha. If you acted up you got your *** beat with a belt, if you spoke out of line you got your lips smacked with authority and if you treated others any way other then how you wanted to be treated you just earned yourself the more than what any "timeout" would give you haha
Old 01-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
Knightsport
His Dudeness
2009 Ford F-250
My Garage

Knightsport

Just curious, you're not that old.

The internet empowers a wider range of idiots than your father can smack, trust me he's annoyed too.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
ccarey
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
Just curious, you're not that old.

The internet empowers a wider range of idiots than your father can smack, trust me he's annoyed too.
yes I would have to agree that he is indeed...

great point
Old 01-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
ITRbroham
LOL@"White Guilt"!
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to ITRbroham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYKITS@BB4lude View Post
Quote:
Welcome to the interwebz.

Wear a helmet.
The interwebs?

People do this in real life and it's even more "chickenshit" than the internet. I call them "everybody else's accountant" and it's done mostly out of jealousy/hate/spite. The instances where someone is being helpful are far and few in between. Unless said person is not taking care of their responsiblities, please shut the **** up with your:

-"You paid too much"
-"I can get it cheaper at such and such place"
-"It's not worth all that money"
-"Such and such product is overpriced!"
-etc. etc.

I've noticed that when "everbody else's" accountant actually make a purchase, they are rarely happy with it.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
Knightsport
His Dudeness
2009 Ford F-250
My Garage

Knightsport

Well I didn't want to seem lazy with the requisite 'haters gonna hate,' post but fine.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
Uncle Ben's
I rattle people's cages
2003 Honda Accord

It's simple: most people are shallow and materialistic. A friend recently said of the car I bought "you could make some money off this car, for sure." I responded by saying "or, I could drive it for ten years and enjoy it." But yeah, I consider the constant "how much did you buy this or sell that for?" to be almost as intrusive as asking somebody how much money they make. If it was any of your business, I'd have told you already. When I sell things, it's because I no longer have a use for it, and I want to get rid of it. Not because I want it to sit around for a month until I find somebody willing to offer more than it is worth to me.
Uncle Ben's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #13
ccarey
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

I seem to get this more through stupid text messages than anything. Heck I don't care what things go for or sell for 300 miles away. I don't care what people make per hour 10 states away and I certainly don't care to hear what people "think" I should do. To me it is their way of saying "this is what you can do to benefit me or prove to myself that I know more than you do"
Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #14
Uncle Ben's
I rattle people's cages
2003 Honda Accord

When I was younger, I sold my DA that needed suspension work, four new tires and some other small stuff. The very second the buyer leaves and I close the door, my mom was like "how much did you sell it for?" "$1500." "Didn't you buy it for $3,000?" "Yeah...over three years and 45k miles ago, in perfect mechanical condition, with no rust..."
Old 01-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
daklown
Dat Dere Cell Tech
1908 Ford T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben's View Post
When I was younger, I sold my DA that needed suspension work, four new tires and some other small stuff. The very second the buyer leaves and I close the door, my mom was like "how much did you sell it for?" "$1500." "Didn't you buy it for $3,000?" "Yeah...over three years and 45k miles ago, in perfect mechanical condition, with no rust..."
Should've pointed out that her **** used to sit about 6" higher too amirite
daklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
vivalagloria
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
It's simple: most people are shallow and materialistic. A friend recently said of the car I bought "you could make some money off this car, for sure." I responded by saying "or, I could drive it for ten years and enjoy it." But yeah, I consider the constant "how much did you buy this or sell that for?" to be almost as intrusive as asking somebody how much money they make. If it was any of your business, I'd have told you already. When I sell things, it's because I no longer have a use for it, and I want to get rid of it. Not because I want it to sit around for a month until I find somebody willing to offer more than it is worth to me.
INV Club Member #001
vivalagloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #17
ccarey
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
lol that so sounds like what my own spouse would say today haha. See thats what I am talking about. It's like "ok lets look at the situation and I'll explain it to you on a level you can understand" then I'd just walk off because it's not even worth explaining haha
Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
Knightsport
His Dudeness
2009 Ford F-250
My Garage

Knightsport

Quote:
I have received mounds of this since I bought the new car. Well, new to me.

"Really? You bought a Lexus? They have no soul."

Me: have you ever driven one?

"Well, no."

Me:

Surprisingly we all buy things for reasons that are important to us. I know it's a shocker but it's true.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Uncle Ben's
I rattle people's cages
2003 Honda Accord

Name:  deadb.gif
Views: 322
Size:  251 Bytes
Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #20
Uncle Ben's
I rattle people's cages
2003 Honda Accord

Quote:
I have received mounds of this since I bought the new car. Well, new to me.

"Really? You bought a Lexus? They have no soul."

Me: have you ever driven one?

"Well, no."

Me:

Surprisingly we all buy things for reasons that are important to us. I know it's a shocker but it's true.
Lexus' are for old AZN ladies

How much did you pay for it doe?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #21
ccarey
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by daklown View Post
Should've pointed out that her **** used to sit about 6" higher too amirite
haha amazingly good point
Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #22
Knightsport
His Dudeness
2009 Ford F-250
My Garage

Knightsport

Quote:
Lexus' are for old AZN ladies

How much did you pay for it doe?
Don't make me expunge you.

I actually took one of the older ladies to her car since I was parked next to the building one night. She was one of those who thought I should've bought the Merc or Bimmer.

I'll tell you one thing, she won't ever accept a ride from me again. Or think for a moment she knows cars better than I do.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #23
daklown
Dat Dere Cell Tech
1908 Ford T

lol @ brownian motion in banner ad for MIT
daklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #24
ccarey
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

I get it all the time from my family because I bought a HONDA.
family..."you bought a foreign car" me..."yup" family..."why would you buy that junk when americans are out of work because people like you don't buy american built cars" me..."because it's an investment not a waste of money, when was the last time you bought an american made car and didn't still owe on it 72 months later because you bought it overpriced and you wonder why GAP insurance was created"
Old 01-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #25
Uncle Ben's
I rattle people's cages
2003 Honda Accord

Quote:
Don't make me expunge you.

I actually took one of the older ladies to her car since I was parked next to the building one night. She was one of those who thought I should've bought the Merc or Bimmer.

I'll tell you one thing, she won't ever accept a ride from me again. Or think for a moment she knows cars better than I do.
Name:  sweet jesus.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  7.7 KB

submit to reddit