Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 12-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Navy_CRX
Honda-Tech Member
2000 Honda Civic
My Garage

iTrader Rating: (0)
Icon2 EG Electrical problem, headlights work but nothing else does

Hi everyone...
Ive got a problem with my buddies EG coupe. long story short a friend of his "helped" him out by moving his car so it dident get towed and put it on a trailer and moved it for him. When they did it the wheel was locked so they ripped out the ignition to unlock the steering wheel. i just replaced the whole ignition assembly for him and we still have nothing. The headlights come on but it dosent do anything else, and i mean nothing. no turn signals no starter no windows its just dead. This is my first ignition ive done and im honestly stumped.
any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Eddie
Old 12-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
Navy_CRX
Honda-Tech Member
2000 Honda Civic
My Garage

Default Re: EG Electrical problem, headlights work but nothing else does

Bump
Old 12-22-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
grumblemarc
The Grumpiest
1996 Honda Civic

iTrader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to grumblemarc Send a message via Yahoo to grumblemarc Send a message via Skype™ to grumblemarc

Was the car even running prior to relocation and the butchery done to it? Better locate some wiring diagrams and start checking your work. No way to tell what damage was done nor how you did the repair.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Navy_CRX
Honda-Tech Member
2000 Honda Civic
My Garage

Car wasent running before i did the ignition but it at least cranked and the windows worked and what not. When i replaced the ignition i kinda feel like it was idiot proof due to it only having 2 plugs on it and they arent interchangable. We got it to crank with the bad ignition if we used a screwdriver to ground the tumbler and turned it with another screwdriver. At first i was thinking it might be a bad ground but i used my battery charger and jumped the small wire on the starter and it cranks fine.
Sorry about the ramble but im really stumped on it
Thanks in advance
Eddie
Old 12-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Navy_CRX
Honda-Tech Member
2000 Honda Civic
My Garage

bump
Old 12-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
delsolo95
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

manual or auto? the manual differs from the auto just saying..pics of install avail. sounds like something on the harness isnt correct if only the head lights work which means that the car isnt even in I or II postion.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
Navy_CRX
Honda-Tech Member
2000 Honda Civic
My Garage

Its a manual and i compared the two ignition plug wires and they are the same and hooked up in the correct spots
Old 12-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
delsolo95
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
We got it to crank with the bad ignition if we used a screwdriver to ground the tumbler and turned it with another screwdriver.
i didnt see this. the key tumbler has to be replaced then.. im not sure what your asking now. either the power doesnt turn on with the key turned or you cant get it to start bc you said it just cranks

submit to reddit

Tags
1990, acura, civic, crx, electric, electrical, electricity, head, headlights, honda, ligghts, problem, tech, turn, work, works