You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!
Okmguys so I've read so many of these forums and I still haven't seen many answers that would help.
My 97 prelude is having the random misfire code.
1. Only at idle the cel blinks, driving the car is responsive and fine. No struggling to accelerate.
2. Spark plug wires are in ohm spec, replaced spark plugs and clean iav like a month ago.
3. According to Honda my ignition cylinder has not been replaced for the recall.
4. I do have loud lifter tick, I plan to do a valve adjustment tomorrow.
5. Unknown rotor condition, appears to have the gasket that seals it leaking oil a bit.
6. Compression in or from left to right. 185 182 185 185
Can anyone tell me given that info what I should check?
Can improper valve adjustment cause firing issues? Can the ignition system cause this?
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.