Notices

WET to DRY? Nawz Gurus, lil help...

Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WET to DRY? Nawz Gurus, lil help...

Whats up HT.
It's been a while since Ive been bottled, and I always ran big, sloppy wet shots. But things change and when the fam "allowed" me to build a new daily, I had to promise not to boost it or blow anything up.

So after a lot of werk and $, Ive got new coupe with a fresh ls/vtec build with some forged goodies. Its tuned on Crome with RC 370s n walbro pump. Pressure is around 38psi at idle, dialed down a lil with B&M FPR. Crome says I far from maxing out my injectors and I have bigger 1s if I need.

I also have a NOS sniper wet kit thats been tucked away, out of sight in my last civic ive been driving for 15 yrs. The cars been stripped and my old ladys pushing my to junk it. So I have to sell or install this kit soon.

So heres what Im thinking. Stealth install! "Im only going to run a 50 shot" I said it b4, but this time I mean it(lol). If I get a new DRY fogger nozzle n jets (already ordered), what do I need for fuel enrichment? Ive got spare solenoids, purge kit, gauges, fittings n hoses. Can I make something to tee into the FPR? if not..

1. Can any1 give me info or part#s for what I need to boost fuel pressure under spray?
2. Can I do it electronically? Im thinking Moates 2Timer and map for juice?
3. Am I way off and need a diff kit?
4. What else is out there for dry nitrous fuel enrichment? Pls dont tell me to buy AEM EMS or something else expensive enuff to talk food off my table or make my wife leave me.

Thanx HT help me out one more tyme. I know sumone can tell me about fittings in home depots plumbing department to get this done. Lemme know cause kinda lost with this part.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WET to DRY? Nawz Gurus, lil help...

so you are asking what kit, but you have already ordered one... change the thread title to "look at me, im putting NO2 on my **** box, i must be the first person ever to do this!!!!"

crush the other car and buy an s300... where are you going to stealth install a big *** bottle at???

btw, it is really irritating to try and have a technical discussion w/ someone who types like a 14 year old girl texts... you should read the official nitrous thread, you are not reinventing the wheel, its just another NO2 install...
Old 11-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 35 shot on my turbo set-up...its controlled by S300. all i do is arm it and the S300 takes care of the rest. This is the best way to control fuel and timing when nitrous is on. Going the increased fuel pressure way is pretty make shift but i suppose it would work. Im not sure about those kits. Youre best bet is going to be a dry shot with better management the chrome. im not familiar with chrome but hate to say the safest way is going to be using Aem/Hondata with a nitrous control.

Oviously youre budget is tight right now so save up and do it right. Then you have the opportunity to run a bigger shot much MUCH safer then the make shift ways to increase fuel and have nothing to retard timing.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thnx, anyone else? Something useful?

What does a dry kit used for fuel enrichment? There must be something after the solenoid that applies pressure to the FPR, or clamps the return line, or a better method.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool so just using management and with a good pump and injectors will do...

Wanted to buy myself one last thing to tinker with b4 the holidays, but Hondata is a lil much. I have a ostrich and could pick up ectune, I also like the features of neptune, but Im guessing they cant do what an S300 does in the nitrous department.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BoostJockey
Cool so just using management and with a good pump and injectors will do...

Wanted to buy myself one last thing to tinker with b4 the holidays, but Hondata is a lil much. I have a ostrich and could pick up ectune, I also like the features of neptune, but Im guessing they cant do what an S300 does in the nitrous department.
i can't completly answer that as i am not familiar with the chrome,ectune, neptune stuff....But my hypothesis is that AEM and hondata are the only ones with nitrous control. Or at least those are going to be the easier systems to use.

If you got the S300 and a pump and say 550cc injectors you would have enough there to get you too 300whp safely. With minimum wiring needed, just need to wire up a relay to the output of choice on ECU, then a switch ect. i know most dry kits would come with something that increase fuel pressure if youre stuck on going that route...Look up whole kits and just buy that portion of the kit.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good but a bit much for me for now. Im going for reliability and drivability with this car (for now). My sleeves will definitely take 300whp but im shooting for around 220 just using what I got. I am taking ur advice and will probably pop in my 440s and looking for something better to re-tune with.

Did the S200 have any nitrous controls? Im shopping in the market place. Somebodys got to have the parts for a dry kit.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the S200 does have the nitrous control feature but its less user friendly. and i think they are completly getting rid of the S200 last i heard. 440 is more then enought for that. But like you said you want something basic...so i would look up the zex kit or something like that then just buy the portion of the kit that increase the fuel whatever there method of doing it should be ok for 50 shot or less.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I call NOS and got the part #s for the dry kit parts I need.
Nitrous Regulator # 15850NOS
and Bypass Tee 59(recommended for 50 shot) # 17538-59NOS

Im about to place an order thru my local dealer, I should have everything else.

Im still thinking about picking up a Moates 2timer, and looking for other fueling options. Maybe I should "crush my car and get a S300" and retune, but thats a bit out of reach right now. Thanks for the help, and dont worry about where the bottles hidden, that part is done already
Old 11-17-2011, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to put it in stupid terms

wet kit = has no2 and fuel jets, so with a small shot no real tuning is nessesary the no2 mixes with the fuel nessesary to keep it at a safe afr

dry shot = has no2 jets only....fuel enrichment is via a tune, just like a turbo or supercharger you need some form of engine management and a good tune. you add the extra fuel via your fuel maps....hondata s300, neptune, ectune, etc will be nessesary and a good tune

if you looking for aonly a 50shot keep it a wet shot, no need for all the extra hassles that a dry shot will entail.....i had a sniper kit, use it as-is it comes with everything for the install of a wet shot
Old 11-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When I ran wet my fuel pressure was always screwy. Never got to watch pressure at the rail while it was spraying, but when I let off the button in 3rd before shifting, the wideband would show a lean spike. Then if I keep going in fourth it would run rich, richer than the car was tuned for. Its like the fuel solenoid would drop fuel to the injectors when open then build back pressure when closed. Happened mostly at lower bottle pressures and switching to bigger injectors and lower fuel pressure helped.

Anyway, Ive got everything the NOS dry kit has coming. Should work out perfect for what I want, just a little shot nobody knows about.

Only thing I still curious about is why the NOS dry kits use 2 solenoids on the nitrous line. The PDF instructions they sent me, A5154-SNOS, shows two nitrous solenoids that open at the same time with fuel tee in between. I kinda want to keep one solenoid for purge but probably just do what NOS says.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

before you type another 400 word essay theres a nitrous thread with all the info. talk about bottle fed
Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Doesnt answer any of my questions. Neither did you.

BTW found out the second solenoid is only for an optional fuel pressure safety switch. NOS includes them in most dry kits now so I ordered one. # 15685NOS

This stuff is pretty cheap, I ordered some extra jets too, and havent spent more than $50 yet turning this into a dry kit.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmm dont know the reason for the fuel issue i never ended up running mine but i sold it to my buddy who was running it without any issues.... although every1 i know running nitrous is doing so along with a turbo so if it is wacky they may just have accounted for it in the tune

i bet the issue may have been resolved with a new fuel filter and walbro 255 ...then mess with the fuel jets to get it about right
Old 11-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts