Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Suspension & Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 09-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
jdmcivic2fast
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default symtomps of bad/worn/ripped front LCA(Lower Control Arm) bushings??

What are some symtomps of a bad/worn out/ ripped front lower control arm bushings on a civic??

My 95 civic has this really bad shaking/vibrating problem when you are going about 75-80mph+ on the freeway (i know its above speed limit) and for 3 years i couldn't figure out wat is causing it. When I first got the car it was smooth, you can do 100+ and feel nothing shaking or vibrating.

I have replace so many parts on the car only to find out that its still doing the same thing. I have put new tires, balanced at many different places, swap out for a new used rack n pinion, brand new inner tie rods, new shocks/springs, new axles, got all the engine and torque mounts put in.
Now only thing I recently notice is that one of my driver side front LCA bushing is torn/ripped and possibly another ripped one on the passenger side too. I talked to a guy here at a local shop and he said that his car was havng about the same symtomps as mines and it was because of the frontLCA bushings. We lifted up my car and he looked and said that my bushings are torn and advice me to change it out.

Wel, i just want to get a second opinion from u guys about symtomps of torn front lca bushings and why or what could be causing the vibrating/shakiness.

ps. PLease help, ive been living with this for 3 yrs and need to find out whats wrong lol thanks
jdmcivic2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
red4d16
Honda-Tech Member
1997 Honda Civic

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: symtomps of bad/worn/ripped front LCA(Lower Control Arm) bushings??

bump, I'm curious as well...
Old 09-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
solbrothers
y u rusty doe?
1970 Honda CB450
My Garage

iTrader Rating: (1)
solbros
Send a message via AIM to solbrothers

If they are visually town/ripped, you shpuld replace them. It will probably solve your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
I actually laughed. Well done sol.
solbrothers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
grumblemarc
The Grumpiest
1996 Honda Civic

iTrader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to grumblemarc Send a message via Yahoo to grumblemarc Send a message via Skype™ to grumblemarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcivic2fast View Post
What are some symtomps of a bad/worn out/ ripped front lower control arm bushings on a civic??
This.
Quote:
My 95 civic has this really bad shaking/vibrating problem when you are going about 75-80mph+ on the freeway
And then this
Quote:
Now only thing I recently notice is that one of my driver side front LCA bushing is torn/ripped and possibly another ripped one on the passenger side too. We lifted up my car and he looked and said that my bushings are torn and advice me to change it out.
Don't even know why you'd need a second opinion.

Last edited by grumblemarc; 09-23-2011 at 02:27 PM.
grumblemarc is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
arm, bad, bushes, bushing, bushings, civic, control, honda, howdo, lca, lower, lowercontrol, signs, symptoms, worn, youknowwhen