Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K series shifter box with H22 swap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K series shifter box with H22 swap?

i was just wondering if there was a way to use the K series shifter box with h22 swaps... im torn between 2 options with my car ... either i want to go h2b because i already have a b swap in my car, or i want to go h22 and get the euro r lsd trans...

reason why i want to go h2b is because of the obvious b series trans and shifter which is hella smooth but i would like to know if i could use a k shifter box with the h swap because the prelude shifter suck dick and if i can use the k box i would want to get the hybrid racing how it bolts up from the bottom thats pretty gangster ...

but idk ive been researching and havent found anyone that has done it...

but if i do end up going h2b i dont want to space my hood up to the damn moon thats the big thing i dont like about it is how high you have to space your hood its poop so i have a few ideas on that k20 manifold

anyways thoughts? about the k box with h motor
Old 08-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: K series shifter box with H22 swap?

Yes but you'd probably have to do a custom bracket on top of the trans to hold the cables. The cast bracket on the H22 may not hold the cables in the correct place.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone else have any ideas on this? i really dont wanna drop 5 bills on something that wont work, ill just go h2b and space my hood all nasy
Old 08-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't NEED to space your hood. That's only if you use the qsd kit. The evo kit allows you to close your hood. QSD > evo but if the hood bothers you that much and you don't mind not being able to use whichever clutch/flywheel setup, your choice of mounts, and better ground clearance then go ahead and spend 1300 on the evo kit.

Last edited by DR_PEPPER; 08-28-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no there is no way i will ever go with evo kit after all the reviews i have been reading over the years i would rather my car shift correctly then being able to shut the hood lol ahh hell with it... ima probably gonna end up going h2b by tax time
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by siregcivic
i was just wondering if there was a way to use the K series shifter box with h22 swaps... im torn between 2 options with my car ... either i want to go h2b because i already have a b swap in my car, or i want to go h22 and get the euro r lsd trans...

reason why i want to go h2b is because of the obvious b series trans and shifter which is hella smooth but i would like to know if i could use a k shifter box with the h swap because the prelude shifter suck dick and if i can use the k box i would want to get the hybrid racing how it bolts up from the bottom thats pretty gangster ...

but idk ive been researching and havent found anyone that has done it...

but if i do end up going h2b i dont want to space my hood up to the damn moon thats the big thing i dont like about it is how high you have to space your hood its poop so i have a few ideas on that k20 manifold

anyways thoughts? about the k box with h motor
I saw this post and thought I'd chime in. We are currently working on an adapter bracket that will allow the use of our k-swap bolt-in shifter box and oem RSX shifter cables (or our performance RSX cables) with an h-series transmission.

I'm currently waiting on delivery of an h-series trans so that we can do a final test fit on the bracket, cables, and shifter.

~russ
Old 09-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hrruss
I saw this post and thought I'd chime in. We are currently working on an adapter bracket that will allow the use of our k-swap bolt-in shifter box and oem RSX shifter cables (or our performance RSX cables) with an h-series transmission.

I'm currently waiting on delivery of an h-series trans so that we can do a final test fit on the bracket, cables, and shifter.

~russ
Let me know if it work . I willing to buy one.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ sick!

I love cool ideas

Im just curious tho for My own personal knowledge. What are the benefits of using the K shift cables.

I get the Thread starters point, he wants to use the hybrid shift box, which is cool but Its still an H series transmission right? still going to have high RPM shift errors isnt it?

Or has some one discovered its been the cables this whole time?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I cannot tell you the exact gains you'll see on the h-series tranny, but I'll give you some insight from my experience.

We have developed shifters and shifter cables for both the RSX-style and 8th Gen Civic style k-series transmissions. We also sell very unique cable bushings for both applications.

In almost every customer's experience, switching from the OEM equipment to any combination of our bushings, cables, and shifter has gained both a more solid feel, and more responsiveness in the transmission. The cables and shifter together typically result in the ability to shift at higher RPM's than usual without the grinding and stiff engagement that would normally make this impossible. This is all attributed to the reduction in elasticity of both the cables and shifter, since our cables are thicker than OEM and our shifters are primarily made from metal, whereas the OEM units are primarily made from plastic.

With our shifters, you also gain the ability to reduce throw and customize shift **** position, but that is more of a personal preference than performance gain IMO.

I hope that helps. I certainly expect to see similar results when we mate our shifter and linkage to the h-series transmission, but since I am not familiar with the fine details of the h-series transmission's strengths and weaknesses, I cannot give exact results until we move onto some in car testing.

If someone is interested in testing this bracket with our cables and shifter, I can probably offer dealer pricing on the parts. Preference would go to those with good communication skills and a clean vehicle so we could use pictures for our website. my email is russ@hybridracing.com

Note that this bracket would also allow use of the OEM RSX shifter cables and OEM RSX shifter. Additionally, you could use any combination of the OEM or Hybrid Racing cables and shifter.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Right on. Id just be sad for all those guys that spent huge bucks to go H2B and it was the shift cables the whiole time. However there are plenly of applications where a product such as this can be utlized, Accords, Preludes and what ever swapped Civic or Teg thats actually still using a the H transmissions.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive done more research there is a member on here username of sohctodohc and he has used the hybrid racing shifter on his h22 so yea thats what im going to do... just need to order a euro r swap

then im going to put my full lsv in my daily with ac and ps

ive driven a few h22 eg's and the prelude shifter with the long *** throw and the crooked angles is retarded my friend has an h22 eg and i shift his car full throttle at 8200 rpms and it never grinds for me it just has a stupid amount of throw, and he has the short shifter attachment its still ridiculous compared to my b series with skunk 2 shifter lol that is noice

but im sure alot of the problems is with the accord box and prelude box worn out cables and bushing all around and i bet having a nice shifter like the hybrid racing on an h22 will be super nice and not having to cut a big *** hole in your floor to fit the accord or prelude shifter will be nice too

edit... to user hush22 h22 trannys are not as strong as b series but damn for the price of buying a b series tranny and all that h2b you can build an h22 tranny a friend of mine knows a guy that has a shop and he told me not to go h2b that its a waste of money thats why i been looking up all this stuff because of the h22 shifter is poop lol
Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you. Yes I understand. I was market tooling as I called it. To those that happen to look in here I was getting answers for them not me. Acting "dumb" asking questions that perhaps one maybe too intimidated to ask them selves.

I've spoke with Russ via email he has a great offer if someone is interested. Email him as they may have not have found a tester!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Count me in for one hybrid I'm in the market always been an h/f series guy and always had issues with cable breakage and cable pins breaking on me. I have a 95 coupe now that I'm yearning to go h with
Old 09-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im picking up an h22 on wednesday time to get rid of the lsvtec
Old 09-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn so i called hybrid racing the other day and i forgot who i talked to but he said that the shifter and calbes is gonna run 749 or something around that area to work with h tranny

im ordering the h2b plate i dont really want to spend that kind of money on just a shifter unit
Old 10-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I own a g22 vtec currently and i have an f22 trans on it which has about 270,xxx miles on it and it's never gave me a problem no grinds at 9k rpms, (thats when i had the f20b in it). ppl just don't know where to cut the hole for a civic with the h22 shifter cables. You could of just went with the h22 shifter cables. These trans can take a beating believe me
F22a1 trans with 223,xxx miles when i got the prelude.
F22a1 trans 248,xxx when driving 2yrs in the prelude F20b revving at 9k constantly.
F22a1 trans and f20b motor out of prelude and in 92 civic sedan hella fun again 9k revs.
F20b took a crap sucking in water after 6 months of hardcore fun 257,xxx would of been here still if i just took another smaller puddle instead.
F22a1 trans still taking the beatings of the g22 vtec at 270,xxx miles and counting still no problems and revving at 8k with no grinds.
Just trying to make a point about f/h trans thats all.......
Old 10-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This shifter work great. I been testing this out for Russ. Have to say best feeling shifter ever.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont mean to thread jack, but.....Im doing a h swap into an eg and after reading all of the posts about this topic, I had an Idea - based on the theory of the K series shifter box working with the H Series transmission. Karcepts sells this K series shifter mounting kit for dc2s and egs. http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=1

Im thinking it shuold work, but Ive never seen a k series shifterbox and an h22 shifter box side by side.

So based on this looking at this product, and what some of you have done, does it look like this might work with a dc5 shifter box connected to a h22 trans? Any thoughts on what cable to use? I would assume that the h22 cables should work.

Please let me know what you all think.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/K20Z...Kit_p_217.html
Old 01-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so....rocking that dc5 type shifter works with in place of the prelude/accord shifter? trying to weigh my options before i just take out the shifter and weld up some ****
Old 02-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guys, we were waiting to see a certain amount of demand before putting these adapter brackets in production. The demand isn't tremendous, but we've gotten enough inquiries recently to justify keeping a run of them in stock. Expect us to have these brackets in stock in about 1.5-2 months.

The bracket will let you use any combination of shifter and shifter cable intended for an RSX transmission (type S or base model). You will not be able to use h-series cables on an RSX shifter. For any guys wanting to run our k-swap shifter and RSX cables, this is what will let you make the conversion plug and play.

~russ
Old 02-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Production order is placed, ETA is 1.5-2 months. I don't set MSRP, but based on the cost I think the bracket should only cost about $50 and will include replacement stainless steel hardware. It will let you control your h-series transmission with any cables and shifter intended for use in an RSX. You might be able to get an EP3 shifter and cables to work, but since those shifters have a very unusual shape, you would have difficulty mounting it in your cabin.

~russ
Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just to let you guys know. We should have these in our hands in about a month. You will have to use RSX cables and RSX shifter or bolt in shifter. You can use OEM RSX cables on our box as well.

Contact me 225.755.8211 ext 1005 for more info.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

These are in stock. They are $55 shipped in the US.

Give me a call 225-755-8211 Ext 1005
Old 04-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in stock huh... ima call tomorrow well... i get paid next week, so ima call when i get paid and order one for sure

i ended up putting a h22 in my car full swap, i like it alot, just not the gay shifter box it shifts fine, but i still dont like it im using a 94 prelude so its kinda straight but still at an angle im down to run a k shifter box and cables...

expect a call from me next friday for damn sure

Quick Reply: K series shifter box with H22 swap?