Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Mod Upgrade List for F23A1

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Mod Upgrade List for F23A1

I need all the mods upgrades for my 2000 Honda Accord EX(F23A1), what modifications can I make and what parts can I purchase to make my ride fly! lls

I have a cold air intake, I'll upgrade to AEM cold air intake.
Im getting Magnaflow Cat, w/ Magnaflow dual muffler
Im thinking DC Headers, but i might find something lighter...
Upgrade my drive train, clutch and flyweel
Pistons, dont know what brand yet(HELP)
Cams(HELP)

LAST:
!!!!Hopefully Single Turbo once I get a better air flow

What else can I do before I get this Turbo... Please let me know
Old 08-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: Mod Upgrade List for F23A1

Originally Posted by Mr.Honda00
I need all the mods upgrades for my 2000 Honda Accord EX(F23A1), what modifications can I make and what parts can I purchase to make my ride fly! lls

I have a cold air intake, I'll upgrade to AEM cold air intake. Don't bother, waste of money
Im getting Magnaflow Cat, w/ Magnaflow dual muffler Better to wait until you boost your engine
Im thinking DC Headers, but i might find something lighter...Don't bother with buying a header if you are going turbo. save your money and buy a proper turbo manifold
Upgrade my drive train, clutch and flyweel
Pistons, dont know what brand yet(HELP) low compression for boosted engine, what brand is up to you. CP or Wiseco are pretty much the same
Cams(HELP) Turbo cam

LAST:
!!!!Hopefully Single Turbo once I get a better air flow Don't bother, wasting time adding N/A bolt-ons if you are going to go turbo in the future

What else can I do before I get this Turbo... Please let me know A little more research into forced induction
To be honest do not waste your time with bolt on parts if you are going to boost the car in the future. Save up your money to build your engine, piece together a turbo system suited for the engine you build. Don't forget to save for the most important part of a build. A good engine management system and tune!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks a lot... I may not do the turbo till next year... Im trying to get a new job now. No rush for it now.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow Ghost, props on being very graciously courteous towards our new member of the
Accord forum..

OP: Id say first before ANYTHING else regular scheduled maintenance items I.e. plugs, plug wires,air filter, timing belt, water pump, fuel filter etc etc...
Then.... Move on to R E S E A R C H, any good build starts with LOTS of research.. Every single one of your questions could have been found rather easily with a quick google search or cruise through our FAQs section sticky`d at the top of our forum..

Goof luck finding a job..
Please DO RESEARCH..
Old 08-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you...
Old 08-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Save the money on bolt ons you wont feel a difference on a 3,100 pound car average with 1 human in it,so 150bhp with bolt ons your looking at 157 bhp then loose your 15 percent through the drive tran (do the math ) = 134 whp and you might even loose acceleration with less back pressure and gain very little up top not even worth the hp to cash ratio lol......and if its a automatic 125 whp average do a manual swap if you can......Take that cash you were going to use for headers or intake and buy a nice 3 inch exhaust that will help with turbo in the future,dont get 2.25 or 2.5 inch because you will want to upgrade to 3 so do it right the first time you might loose acceleration but not to much ......its a torquey motor so boost will be fun and swift goodluck
Old 08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

Where is everyone doing their math these days for drive train loss? 15% of 150 is not 134. It's a wee bit lower than that.

And back pressure is never good, you will never gain power by adding back pressure to an exhaust system in these cars. Your tq will not drop by removing back pressure. It's a loss in velocity that can cause issues. When you start going to big with the primaries and the collector on your headers you will loose velocity. That can contribute to a loss in power in certain rpm ranges. However, 9 times out of 10 anything after the merge pipe is really moot, unless the B pipe is too small and causing back pressure.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
Where is everyone doing their math these days for drive train loss? 15% of 150 is not 134. It's a wee bit lower than that.

And back pressure is never good, you will never gain power by adding back pressure to an exhaust system in these cars. Your tq will not drop by removing back pressure. It's a loss in velocity that can cause issues. When you start going to big with the primaries and the collector on your headers you will loose velocity. That can contribute to a loss in power in certain rpm ranges. However, 9 times out of 10 anything after the merge pipe is really moot, unless the B pipe is too small and causing back pressure.
Read my whole post i put with bolt ons about 157 bhp bro, 15 percent of that Lol