Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Where to find an Integra? [Sorry for the newb like post]

Old 08-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to find an Integra? [Sorry for the newb like post]

Hey Guys,

Long time Honda driver and HT member, I apologize for making such a newbie type of a post, but I just thought maybe you guys would show some love and help me out.

I'm selling my 2004 STi this weekend and really looking to pick up a 1999-2001 Integra GSR coupe. I'm trying to find one that is stock - mostly stock and in great condition. I need a new DD and this what I really want.

I've tried searching on ebay, auto trader, craiglist, local car forums, and haven't had any real luck.

Only one I've found so far is a 00 GSR White with 160k from a dealer and lowest price the guy will go is $6,500.

Anyways, maybe you guys might even just know of an Integra specific forum? Or ****, maybe someone wants to sell their car and this post will encourage it?

Hopefully I'm not violating any rules by posting this.

Thanks guys, RotiEatter
Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where to find an Integra? [Sorry for the newb like post]

Trade you my stock 01 GSR hahaha,

It took me lots of time finding one too that was stock, however I eventually found one at a dealer ship. I sold my 89 Civic for 3,500 to practically pay off my 01 GSR.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Ditto

haha, I wish man. Buyer is coming tonight.

It's really a lot harder to find a GSR than I thought.

Is there any dedicated Integra forums anyone is aware of that I might have some more luck?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Chance if you see an elderly person driving one. Ask them if they want to sell it.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The car you seek is becoming more and more rare by the day. Between theft and ricers modding them beyond recognition reducing the number, you're either going to spend a lot of time looking for that rare gem or end up paying a premium from an owner who knows how rare the car has become.

It would take a rather high offer to get me to consider parting with my 86k mile 00 GSR, since there is literally nothing new available that could replace it and do everything it does as well (decent mileage daily driver, great handling for auto-x, low cost consumables for track days).
Old 08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TunerN00b
The car you seek is becoming more and more rare by the day. Between theft and ricers modding them beyond recognition reducing the number, you're either going to spend a lot of time looking for that rare gem or end up paying a premium from an owner who knows how rare the car has become.

It would take a rather high offer to get me to consider parting with my 86k mile 00 GSR, since there is literally nothing new available that could replace it and do everything it does as well (decent mileage daily driver, great handling for auto-x, low cost consumables for track days).
It blows my mind how valuable clean GS-Rs have gotten. A few years ago my car was worth probably $3-4k. Now I bet I could get close to $8k for it.

I remember about a year ago, a noob came to the forum and he'd just bought a bone stock GS-R. I advised him to keep it stock, or to keep all of the parts he took off and not to make any irreversible modifications. Everybody said GS-Rs are dime-a-dozen and to do whatever he wanted. Who's laughing now?!?!?!?

OP, all I can say is be patient and keep your ear to the ground. Can I ask why you're selling the STI and getting a GS-R?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

recently i was looking for a gsr when i got a loan, at a dealer they wanted 8,999 for a 2000. Plus the intrest and taxes, that gsr could have came to almost 13,000$ with newbie credit like mine, GEEEZ

To the OP, all i can advise is if you really really want one you need to get your name out there and let people know your looking for one. post ads, whatever it takes. GL
Old 08-19-2011, 10:49 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/f-acura-i...FRligwodmTEY7g

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/integra/

http://autos.aol.com/used-list/make1...e+R/#rangeOpt7 94
Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Ditto

Originally Posted by kaiba
Chance if you see an elderly person driving one. Ask them if they want to sell it.
haha, hardly ever see that these days though. At least where I live it's not very common.

Seems like I'll have better luck just dropping to a LS.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Ditto

Originally Posted by TunerN00b

Yeah, I agree with you man. It's hard to find a car that can do what it can.

I started thinking about a RSX maybe just because the GSR is so hard to find, but the RSX's are expensive and it's not really worth it in my opinion.

I honestly believe Honda could have kept making the GSR's as-is for a few more years and had great sales.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Ditto

Originally Posted by GagnarTheUnruly
It blows my mind how valuable clean GS-Rs have gotten. A few years ago my car was worth probably $3-4k. Now I bet I could get close to $8k for it.

I remember about a year ago, a noob came to the forum and he'd just bought a bone stock GS-R. I advised him to keep it stock, or to keep all of the parts he took off and not to make any irreversible modifications. Everybody said GS-Rs are dime-a-dozen and to do whatever he wanted. Who's laughing now?!?!?!?

OP, all I can say is be patient and keep your ear to the ground. Can I ask why you're selling the STI and getting a GS-R?

Yeah, I agree. I remember before seeing them all the time and never thinking twice about it.

Yes, you may ask... I just recently got married and I'm already tired of living in an apartment. I spend a grip on the STi to drive it...

$400 payment, $110 insurance, $110 parking at work....
Gas twice a week at $50 per fill up. She's quite the monthly expense.

... If I get rid of the STi and buy a car in cash, I can save more aggressively towards getting a house. Once I get a house I can bring my hatch back out of storage (92 DX - gutted, caged, fuel cell, full suspension, work wheels, etc) and build her back to be my fun car. I love the STi, but I'm much happier in a Honda I built myself.

I originally thought about just getting a Corolla, but I said **** it... I'm okay with spending a few extra dollars for a GSR and being happy. Really looking to keep the vehicle stock to mostly stock as well.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Ditto

Originally Posted by Builda'Teg_92
recently i was looking for a gsr when i got a loan, at a dealer they wanted 8,999 for a 2000. Plus the intrest and taxes, that gsr could have came to almost 13,000$ with newbie credit like mine, GEEEZ

To the OP, all i can advise is if you really really want one you need to get your name out there and let people know your looking for one. post ads, whatever it takes. GL
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/ctd/2540800685.html

That's the best one I've found so far. I'm paranoid it's spent some time up North though. Look at the bay, has a little more rust than I'd like. Also, looks the exhaust has been replaced.

What do you guys think? I feel like $6.5k is a bit much for it, but you guys know more about what an Integra is worth than I do. I'm an EG guy. :p
Old 08-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Ditto

Nice, I was born in Canada. If I bought a Honda from Canada I'd get a 1.6 EL or look into one of the older RHD imported rides.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Ditto

Thanks for everyone's input. I realize this is a very newb like post, so I appreciate everyone helping instead of flaming me.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RotiEatter
I honestly believe Honda could have kept making the GSR's as-is for a few more years and had great sales.
The RSX, which was named Integra everywhere but the US, is larger, safer, and gets better mileage. For most consumers, it was a clear winner in any comparison.

As a pure daily driver left stock or near stock, a Type-S would be a better choice than a GSR, is easier to find, and will probably cost about the same...
Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WOW that gsr is clean, its not so much the chassis that has rust (from what i see) but just oxidation on little metel parts that can be replaced for dirt cheap.

for maybe a low 6k i would pick it up in a heart beat. (they're only going to get more rare)