Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

15mm H&R Track Plus Spacers installed (now vibration) ?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 15mm H&R Track Plus Spacers installed (now vibration) ?

Hey everyone, I have a set of Volk C ultras on my 95 Civic Coupe and I noticed that after wheel spacer install was complete there is a light feeling of vibration @ 50-60mph and anything above 60mph I get a pretty decent amount of vibration. Everything was in place and installed correctly so I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

The wheels that are on the car currently are 16x7 w/ a +44 offset, Therfore right now with the spacers It would be a +29

I looked through google, and yahoo referencing to what may/may not be the problem and doing a wheel alignment seems like it may just be a waste of money. Where should I begin the process of elimination?? Thanks in advance as this is my first set of spacers ever to be used on my car.

(btw, all wheel bearings are in tip top shape) just a heads up!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 15mm H&R Track Plus Spacers installed (now vibration) ?

Your process of elimination would be to remove the spacers? Really? You realize these are track plus spacers. They're not the slip on, slip off spacers. My studs are pressed into these.

If I had to guess why it's happening it must be because the rim is not sitting properly against the hub. I'm thinking a hubcentric ring might be the way to go.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
Your process of elimination would be to remove the spacers? Really? You realize these are track plus spacers. They're not the slip on, slip off spacers. My studs are pressed into these.

If I had to guess why it's happening it must be because the rim is not sitting properly against the hub. I'm thinking a hubcentric ring might be the way to go.
Track Plus spacers aren't cheap so I'll hope for your sake that a hubcentric ring might be the way to go....however, I removed my 5mm hubcentric spacers for this exact reason...vibration above 50, violence above 60.

I'm not "hella flush" any longer....but the ride is "hella" smooth. HAHA
Old 07-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by solbrothers
Your car worked fine... you added spacers to get that hella flush y0! Look... your car shakes.

Removing spacers will solve your problem
Apparently you havent ran a +44 wheel on stock studs. Both had to go, the spacer is hubcentric but only from the side where my spacer meets the OEM hub, not where the wheel mounts up.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PreyStayShun
Track Plus spacers aren't cheap so I'll hope for your sake that a hubcentric ring might be the way to go....however, I removed my 5mm hubcentric spacers for this exact reason...vibration above 50, violence above 60.

I'm not "hella flush" any longer....but the ride is "hella" smooth. HAHA
Yeah, I'm not going for the flush look myself either. Believe it or not it took 15mm spacers with studs to even sit right. I hope that the rings do the job, I'm going to a local specialty shop today to discuss options. So far this trade for the Volks has turned into a $1300 investment FML..

Restoring them, spacers, tires, lugnuts lol fawk..
Old 07-07-2011, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Apparently you havent ran a +44 wheel on stock studs.
this statement makes no sense.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This forum is useless. The person starting the thread has to school everyone else? A 55 offset can't be possible on stock studs to say the least. I couldn't torque down my wheels more than 3 or 4 threads. The rim needs a specific lugnut (not the average "tuner" style) originally c ultras came with 15mm spacers and being the rims are fkn 20 or so years old I had to piece this up. I could not run these lugnuts without spacers.

If you don't believe me do a little research on the rim yourself. Don't just assume your fixing my problem by throwing out the easiest possible answer, I've been modding cars a little longer than that to know better.

Btw, being the car is now fixed don't bother. Boost your postcount up elsewhere.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This forum is useless. The person starting the thread has to school everyone else? A 55 offset can't be possible on stock studs to say the least. I couldn't torque down my wheels more than 3 or 4 threads. The rim needs a specific lugnut (not the average "tuner" style) originally c ultras came with 15mm spacers and being the rims are fkn 20 or so years old I had to piece this up. I could not run these lugnuts without spacers.

If you don't believe me do a little research on the rim yourself. Don't just assume your fixing my problem by throwing out the easiest possible answer, I've been modding cars a little longer than that to know better.

Btw, being the car is now fixed don't bother. Boost your postcount up elsewhere.
I have +55 fit wheels on my civic now with stock studs. They fit fine,other then a rubbing issue in the rear, due to the offset. A 3mm spacer solved that. Again, I am running stock studs.

Maybe your wheels wont fit properly, but that doesn't mean they all wont.

I am assuming the wheels went on at the same time as the spacers? If so, it's pretty easy to say the problem lies with the spacers, or the wheels.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

From wheel to wheel it may vary, you're right. But the only reason this happened was because the idiot that did my brakes used a hammer and bent the stock hub (where the gold bolt is in the center) and the spacer wasn't balanced. This happened to 3 out of 4 hubs.. When I had them on my stock hubs I didn't experience this because the bore on the rim was a 73mm and the bore on the stock hub is a 56mm. ( I still should have ran hubcentric rings but I didn't feel anything and the car didn't sustain any damage from it.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

maybe get the tires balanced maybe you lost a weight or was done wrong
Old 07-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You can't balance tires on +44 wheels. you'll need to use spacers on the tire machine
bummer, I did not know that
Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 PM
k7q
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't balance tires on +44 wheels. you'll need to use spacers on the tire machine
LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess I'm wrong and I don't know what I'm talking about but I didn't listen to this guy and my car is magically fixed. Pretty effin ironic if you ask me.

Maybe I should have followed your advice and paid $150 for the alignment that would have done jack ****!?! yeah? Or remove the spacers that are completely my problem but yet are still on the car.. Decisions, decisions....