Default Re: TRM wheels shakedown

Originally Posted by drmix
What size tires are you running?
205/50R-15 Dunlop Direzza ZII
Old 09-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have 225/50/15 hoosier R6s on 15X8 20 offset. Fit is very tight on the del sol. Fenders are rolled hammered and rolled some more. lol.

They just rub. just keeping the very edge of the sidewall clean. Both rears. Lost a very small amount of steering. Only notice in the pits. G

Here is a link to the weekends race pictures. We are the Del Sol. Pages, 3-8 have picture of us. First one are qualifing last are of morning race. Ill try and get the pictures moved over without the link.
http://www.bluenoseautosport.ca/hmme...e/_5d35342.htm

Last edited by joel n; 09-28-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EFingChris
Sorry for Spamming, but would this be a good fit in 89 EF, w/o Fender rolled/pulled & camber kit? Thanks. What car did u use on Tire Rack for this spec. Thanks

15x7 + 25 on 195/50? or 205/50
Im running 205/50/15 fenders are rolled all over and slightly pulled in the front. No camber kits, It only rubs when I have a heavy passenger. It would fit fine in your ef. Use the BMW e30 if I remember correctly.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:29 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

Ok I want to run 15x7 +25, I'd go 15x8 but I just bought new Yokohamas in 195/55/15. These tires won't have a problem on the 15x7's, right? What car would I look up to find the lower offset? E30 bmw? Some sort of miata?

Last edited by Caoboy; 10-05-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Another pic showing the fitment of the 15x8s with 225/45s.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a little update of the TRM Wheel in the Nube Negra Racing Team with 15x7 with full slicks hoosiers please like us in nubenegraracing team in facebook!
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess this thread is probably dead but i wanted to post my pictures and specs for anyone else who was looking to see.
15x8 +20 195/50 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2's in the front and 195/50 Falken Ziex ZE 912's in the rear
Fenders are rolled all around and front have been pulled slightly.
Koni Yellow Adjustables with Ground Control Coilovers 450 LBS spring in the front and 350 LBS springs in the rear.
No camber kits
The stretch is just enough so the tire guys had to use a cheetah to put them on but subtle enough to not give the stretched look, which I personally am not a fan of.
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Show15
I guess this thread is probably dead but i wanted to post my pictures and specs for anyone else who was looking to see.
15x8 +20 195/50 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2's in the front and 195/50 Falken Ziex ZE 912's in the rear
Fenders are rolled all around and front have been pulled slightly.
Koni Yellow Adjustables with Ground Control Coilovers 450 LBS spring in the front and 350 LBS springs in the rear.
No camber kits
The stretch is just enough so the tire guys had to use a cheetah to put them on but subtle enough to not give the stretched look, which I personally am not a fan of.
Looks good! I cant wait till its time for me to order a set for myself
Old 02-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's a couple more shots
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ looks nice.

I just picked up a set of 15x7.5 myself
Old 02-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

15x8 +20 225/45 rivals. Posted a pic awile back but here are some better pics. Front fenders needed a pull and rear quarters needed to be cut (too much bondo to do a proper roll)

Old 03-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Surprised this thread is still around. Gonna pick up another set of tees again had the 7" on my old EG/Miata. Going with the 7.5" this time around.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is with 225/45 Rivals on 15x9's up front and 205/50 Rivals on 15x7.5's in the back:

Old 03-24-2014, 06:36 AM
DixielandImports Please

Look at that tire roll
Old 03-24-2014, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm aiming for the cover of Stance Nation...
Old 08-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

question

what are you guys running for lug nuts with these trm wheels?

I just bought some used ones for my eg hatch. I have arp extended studs on the rear, but not on the front yet...

On the rear, I obviously have no issues, but on the front, I'm not getting enough threads on the lug nut to be safe on track.

I had plans to run a track day at Lowes motorspeedway tomorrow, and of course waited till last minute to test mount these rims (have used hoosier sm6 tires in 205/50-15 mounted).

I went to the local advanced auto and bought a set of "tuner" lugs that looked like they were a little thinner and might fit into the stud hole of the wheel a little better...but it was a no go.

I'm thinking I have no choice but to get extended studs on the front...I just know I cant do this before tomorrow afternoons track event.

is everyone running extended studs with these?
Old 08-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mattbatson
question

what are you guys running for lug nuts with these trm wheels?

I just bought some used ones for my eg hatch. I have arp extended studs on the rear, but not on the front yet...

On the rear, I obviously have no issues, but on the front, I'm not getting enough threads on the lug nut to be safe on track.

I had plans to run a track day at Lowes motorspeedway tomorrow, and of course waited till last minute to test mount these rims (have used hoosier sm6 tires in 205/50-15 mounted).

I went to the local advanced auto and bought a set of "tuner" lugs that looked like they were a little thinner and might fit into the stud hole of the wheel a little better...but it was a no go.

I'm thinking I have no choice but to get extended studs on the front...I just know I cant do this before tomorrow afternoons track event.

is everyone running extended studs with these?
I had the 7.5 etc 42 ran fine on front with regular open end gorilla lugs from amazon and stock studs. Had to do extended on rear due to 5 mm spacer.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JGallamore
I had the 7.5 etc 42 ran fine on front with regular open end gorilla lugs from amazon and stock studs. Had to do extended on rear due to 5 mm spacer.
I think the center section of the trm wheels are quite a bit thicker than stock wheels?

those gorilla lug nuts look no different than the stuff I'm using...they dont look like they would seat any further in on the wheel.

maybe that is enough for the street...I was just concerned with track use on hoosiers.

maybe I'm getting enough meat of the lug onto the stud and over thinking all this?
Old 08-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mattbatson
I think the center section of the trm wheels are quite a bit thicker than stock wheels?

those gorilla lug nuts look no different than the stuff I'm using...they dont look like they would seat any further in on the wheel.

maybe that is enough for the street...I was just concerned with track use on hoosiers.

maybe I'm getting enough meat of the lug onto the stud and over thinking all this?
They were fine for autox. Never had a lug loosen up. But you obviously build up more heat and there is more stress on track. I thought I saw somewhere a recommended amount of full rotations to consider a lug tight. Or maybe that was in my discussion with tire rack when they were concerned about fitment.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just wait to run them until you have extended lugs on the front. Its just not worth it.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Matt, maybe I missed it but which wheels did you go with up front? Are you using any spacers?

With the 15x7.5's I didn't notice any issues with lug engagement. The 15x9's needed a fair bit of spacer and were the reason I went with extended studs. Have you tried putting the front wheels on without the hubcentric ring? Maybe it's getting hung up on something or you've got a hub ring stuck on there and doubled up?
Old 08-15-2014, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Xian
Matt, maybe I missed it but which wheels did you go with up front? Are you using any spacers?

With the 15x7.5's I didn't notice any issues with lug engagement. The 15x9's needed a fair bit of spacer and were the reason I went with extended studs. Have you tried putting the front wheels on without the hubcentric ring? Maybe it's getting hung up on something or you've got a hub ring stuck on there and doubled up?

Hey christian,
I dont think there are any hubcentric rings or anything on there....they are the 15x7

that just didnt seem like enough meat grabbing the stud for the speeds I am going to see on the banking at lowes...
on a stock lug nut, like the one pictured with it's end cut off, you can see that there are about three threads not being engaged at the back of the lug.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmmm... yeah, mine shipped with hubcentric rings so I was thinking that maybe you'd gotten them doubled up on the hub or something (doesn't look to the be the case). How many full turns of engagement are you getting? It'd be a thrash to do it but, if you're really concerned, you could swap in the longer OE studs available at the parts store...

PS
I'm sure it's on the list but... unstaked axle nut in the above pics.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Xian
Hmmmm... yeah, mine shipped with hubcentric rings so I was thinking that maybe you'd gotten them doubled up on the hub or something (doesn't look to the be the case). How many full turns of engagement are you getting? It'd be a thrash to do it but, if you're really concerned, you could swap in the longer OE studs available at the parts store...

PS
I'm sure it's on the list but... unstaked axle nut in the above pics.
Yeah, I am just going to skip this event I think...
I was supposed to take the 09 civic si, but yesterday while rotating the tires I found a bulge in the sidewalls of one of the pilot super sports.
I remembered a month ago I had hit a pot hole here in western NC on passenger side and thought it might have possibly done some damage and then completely forgot to get out and check it after we got to where we were going.

It has been fine for a month, but didnt want to test it on the banking at lowes either...and none of the local yokel tire shops around here carry that kind of tire.

so i punted and tried to get the 93 civic going. Mounted the wheels/tires and found some clearance issues and rolled the rear fenders, and replaced one rear hub bearing, etc...

only to discover this lug nut issue last night.

the lugs I bought last night at advanced are definitely thinner, so I figured they might squeeze into the lug hole more...but doesnt look like the case unfortunately.

I've been so damn busy up here anyways, that time is a big issue right now...probably will be till next year...and I've already spent so much time getting ready for this event as it is...

and they only run that incredibly fun track once a year it seems...
Old 08-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did they send you lug nuts? Oh you bought them used so probably not. When I bought mine from tr they sent me closed lugs. Great for the back with standard studs but not so great for the front where I have extended studs. I just ground the tops off of the front lugs for diy open-ended lugs. I wasn't grinding off any of the threads so I figured it didn't mess with the strength of the lugs.

Quick Reply: TRM wheels shakedown