Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B18C into 6th gen coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C into 6th gen coupe.

Hey all, I'm new to this forum. I've been on a couple others with very little response to any help i asked for. And from what i've read and the searches i've done that lead me here i'm hoping i'll have better luck here.

so I'm doing a JDM GSR swap into my 97 EX coupe "EJ8" which has an LS tranny. I've got motor mount questions, every how to on this isn't very clear on this topic. I bought the 99-00 SI rear T bracket for the trans, and the front motor mount, however i need to get the post on the engine to accompany it. that i understand, but on the top of the transmission "near the passenger strut tower" the bracket that goes from the mount to the transmission fits, however it holds the transmission too high, if i get an SI bracket will it be longer therefor holding the transmission lower so the hood clears?

And back to the front post mount, that also sits too high, does the SI post stand taller, in turn pushing the motor down further to clear? I've got longer bolts and washer just to hold it so i could see where it needs to be, and its almost an inch off everywhere.

any input would be helpful, so i'm not trial and error and buying a bunch of mounts. thanks1
Old 02-22-2013, 04:45 AM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: B18C into 6th gen coupe.

You need the drivers timing belt block mount from 99-00 si
Old 02-22-2013, 04:47 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mainsubject
the bracket that goes from the mount to the transmission fits, however it holds the transmission too high, if i get an SI bracket will it be longer therefor holding the transmission lower so the hood clears?
No, the Si bracket is the same as the D-series one. Sometimes you have to space the engine down about an inch and I have no idea why because this doesn't happen everytime you put a B-series in a civic, only sometimes

Originally Posted by Mainsubject
And back to the front post mount, that also sits too high, does the SI post stand taller, in turn pushing the motor down further to clear? I've got longer bolts and washer just to hold it so i could see where it needs to be, and its almost an inch off everywhere.
It doesn't make it sit any different, you just need the Si mount so it will bolt up to metal bracket that bolts to the fluid filled rubber mount. A CR-V post mount will drop it down a little though as it's a bit longer and it will bolt up to everything correctly.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, that clarifies the mount concerns, I'll get some grade 8 bolts and have some aluminum spacers made instead of washers.

Another question I had is I've heard the "whale *****" intake is a downfall of B series, also I've seen a lot of B series with aftermarket up-swept intakes like the D series. Is this a benefit as far as bolt on mods? or nothing I should worry about.

Thanks again for the replies btw!