Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
tundra2000
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default No compression at all in #2 cylinder

I got a 1994 civic ex. So after shooting a rod through my block i had d15 block laying around so after putting that under it, it kind of runs bad so i checked everything then starting looking online and notice i forgot to take that oil valve out of the block for the vtec to work, so after i did that i notice that on #4 cylinder the valves looked bent so i proceed to put the head back on using the same gasket (metal head gasket from fel-pro) and i clean the surface on the head and block and torque the head studs down then put everything back together and it did run much better then before it seem to rev nice and fast when before it was slow and would only go to 5k but it still wasnt at its best so i did a compression test and #1=205, #2=0, #3= 208, #4=210. So the question is is it blown head gasket on just #2? because before i put the head on the piston look just fine along with the valves. I didn't spend much on the car so if i do keep it long enough when i start college i might bring it in and replace valves and anything else it needs.
tundra2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
tundra2000
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: No compression at all in #2 cylinder

any ideas?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
EJ8_Man
Honda-Tech Member
1995 Acura Integra
My Garage

Let me see if I understand...
1) Your D15 swap is running "bad" so you took it apart
2) You had bent valves on the No. 4 cylinder and put it back together like that
3) You re-used a head gasket
4) Now you have no compression on No. 2 cylinder

The fact that it even runs is a tribute to Honda.

You need to take the motor back apart. Fix the bent valves, and install a new head gasket.
EJ8_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
tundra2000
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

lol yeah i figure someone would say that, i just don't have the money to spend on it, was just wondering if it was the head gasket or valves or both.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
pityocamptes
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Chances are its the valves. To check for valves you need to do a compression test WOT - DRY and then WET (oil squirted down the cylinders). If the numbers are the same on that cylinder both WET and DRY its your valves, if its a HUGE increase WET then its your rings, thats usually a close indicator of what is giong on.

Sounds like your running the **** out of your vehicles. Not a good thing, if you expect it to function properly and give you a few years of service back and forth from school...
Old 04-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
Jockone
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

If the valves were bent on #4 cylinder then you would not have the you say you have and if they were bent on #4 why do you think you would lose compression on #2.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
tundra2000
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

I though the valves were bent on #4 but after testing it i guess i was wrong. It's a $100 dollar car so its kind of a junker, its a pretty stripped down car its only got 2 seats, a running motor and only a couple gauges that work and random rims on it. I got other vehicles that i take it ez with.

submit to reddit

Tags
1994, 92, bad, blown, civic, compression, cylinder, gasket, head, honda, lost, oil, putting, repair, replacement