Notices

Turbo Cutout Hondata Map

Old 04-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Cutout Hondata Map

Hey guys I have a bone stock LS, ebay .50 trim turbo, with 550cc injectors, and walboro 255 fuel pump, SRR adjustable cam gears, and thats it. So today I went out to drive it and when I floor it when I get high in the RPMs the car just cuts out on me. I have no idea what is causing it, it literally happened overnight. I think my friend may have messed up my ECU because when he was sitting in the passangear seat his foot hit my ECU and he thought I had a loose floorboard so he just started kicking it, not to hard but tapped it over and over. The car drives perfect but just at high rpms and 3/4 to full throttle I have a nasty bog/cut out. I have a Hondata S300 ECU that is good and Im waiting to get tuned, but does anyone have a basic tune for my setup they can send me so I can upload it to the Hondata and see if it is my ECU or not. Currently Im just using a chipped ECU street tuned on Chrome. Thanks alot for your guys help.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Cutout Hondata Map

Anyone
Old 04-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats your wb showing when this is happening?? What about datalogs?? Possibly boost cut?? You haven't given us a lot of info to actually go on, but getting it tuned wouldn't hurt.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no base is safe to go anywhere near full throttle. You should baby it and stay out of boost til u get it tuned. You can go to www.xenocron.com and find a close base if need be.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sik96teg
no base is safe to go anywhere near full throttle. You should baby it and stay out of boost til u get it tuned. You can go to www.xenocron.com and find a close base if need be.
Thanks man, Im just going to leave it like it is. Do you think my friend kicking it could have done anything? Im starting to doubt it because I feel like if he broke it kicking it, it would mess up all the time or not even start. Not just at WOT
Old 04-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no offense, but your dumb *** flooring it untuned is doing this, not your friend tapping his foot on the ecu. i dont' understand why people insist on running base maps like they're a fully tuned map, and then come on here and wonder why their car doesn't run right
Old 04-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hawkman13
Hey guys I have a bone stock LS, ebay .50 trim turbo, with 550cc injectors, and walboro 255 fuel pump, SRR adjustable cam gears, and thats it. So today I went out to drive it and when I floor it when I get high in the RPMs the car just cuts out on me. I have no idea what is causing it, it literally happened overnight. I think my friend may have messed up my ECU because when he was sitting in the passangear seat his foot hit my ECU and he thought I had a loose floorboard so he just started kicking it, not to hard but tapped it over and over. The car drives perfect but just at high rpms and 3/4 to full throttle I have a nasty bog/cut out. I have a Hondata S300 ECU that is good and Im waiting to get tuned, but does anyone have a basic tune for my setup they can send me so I can upload it to the Hondata and see if it is my ECU or not. Currently Im just using a chipped ECU street tuned on Chrome. Thanks alot for your guys help.
not a good thing man! Like everyone else said, stay out of boost and baby it....Better yet, park it until getting tuned and trailer it to your tuner if you can. I know it's hard not to do it but you DO NOT want to risk popping your motor man!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostedBLUfg2
no offense, but your dumb *** flooring it untuned is doing this, not your friend tapping his foot on the ecu. i dont' understand why people insist on running base maps like they're a fully tuned map, and then come on here and wonder why their car doesn't run right
I wasnt very clear. Its not a base map, this isnt me telling a company what I have and them making me a map. It was street tuned using a AEM wideband, it was a rushg so it was tuned on the rich side for saftey. This was temporary until I could afford to get it professionaly dyno tuned on the Hondata S300. Its not like its been doing this since i did the turbo kit, it literally happened over night. Recently my Walboro fuel pump has gotten very loud so Im guessing maybe its that going out. Going to try replacing with my back up walboro and see if it makes a difference.

Originally Posted by projectcivicjp
not a good thing man! Like everyone else said, stay out of boost and baby it....Better yet, park it until getting tuned and trailer it to your tuner if you can. I know it's hard not to do it but you DO NOT want to risk popping your motor man!
I understand running on a stock ECU but Im roughly street tuned. Should have been more specific!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pretty sure I found out what my problem is, I checked the Ohms of my injectors and Im between 2.5-3. I have no resistor box so Im going to have to wire a resistor box. I guess there just cutting out from them being low impendence.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I melted the valve reliefs on a 83mm CP piston once because the shop didn't use a resistor box on my RC1000s. Consider yourself lucky and it wouldn't hurt to check your compression all things considered.

That was a very expensive oops
Old 04-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just checked my compression today and shot 151, 156, 151, 156. A little on the low side but within the 140 psi minimum. Also checked my ohms on my injectors and they were at 3 which is considered low impedance. I need to wire up a resistor box ASAP. However its weird because the car was running fine with the low impedance injectors.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My car ran amazingly well all things considered. We noticed it would randomly go rich. The entire time on the dyno my tuner was puzzled as to why it was so erratic on the wideband. 1200 miles later I drove it to the shop and it was overheating leaving my neighborhood. Pulled the cylinder head and noticed a melted forged piston in #3 I have $500 83mm souvenirs on the shelf now. They're a good conversational piece

Looks like you caught it in time.