Go Back   Honda-Tech > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate > Health & Fitness
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 04-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
tsdneil
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to tsdneil
Default Cellucor C4 extreme preworkout supplement review

i never post in the health and fitness forum here but i do lurk every now and again. i am 5'' 8' and 170 lbs (about 16% body fat) i know many of you dont believe in pre workout NO2 type stuff, and that is fine by me. this thread is for people who do and would like a quick and honest review of MY OPINION on the supplement. that being said, here goes nothing.

Mix: mixes well. Very little residual powder at bottom after a few short stirs.

Taste/texture: taste is pleasant. Sweet taste, a little chemicalish aftertaste(can tell it is a supplement). Much like Gatorade fruit punch flavor. A little grainy. best i have tasted yet.

Pre-workout feelings: quick onset. Beginning with tingle of lips, then cheeks and ears. Definite tunnel vision. Very focused and ready to go. Feels lighter in my stomach than N.O.xplode.

Workout: wow. Great focus. Huge amounts of energy. Great pumps. Endurance increase.

Shrugs: 135x 1 (warm up)
225x 2
245x1

Dumbbell press: 35x 1 (warm up)
45x 3

Lateral row: 60x 3

Rear deltoid fly: 35x3

Lateral raise: 30 x 3

Cardio: 1 mile jog 9 min/ mile

this session lasted me about an hour.

Post workout: still feeling the buzz and focus. Not tingling anymore. delts and traps are definantly exhausted but feel great. No nauseous feeling at any point. No jitters. Good clean energy.

Summary: new favorite pre workout supplement. gave me great focus. great pumps. no nauseous feeling. no jittery/ uneasy feeling. energy to spare. the price is much better than that of other similar supplements. i paid $35.99 from GNC for 60 servings. (it was $67.99 for 50 servings of N.O.Xplode.) highly reccommened. i will keep this thread updated with new information i.e. increased dosage, strength gains, sickness, what have you.

thanks for reading! ( tried to post a picture of what the container looks like, but photobucket is down. i will post asap)
Old 04-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
vtecvoodoo
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to vtecvoodoo
Default Re: Cellucor C4 extreme preworkout supplement review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdneil View Post
i never post in the health and fitness forum here but i do lurk every now and again. i am 5'' 8' and 170 lbs (about 16% body fat) i know many of you dont believe in pre workout NO2 type stuff, and that is fine by me. this thread is for people who do and would like a quick and honest review of MY OPINION on the supplement. that being said, here goes nothing.

Mix: mixes well. Very little residual powder at bottom after a few short stirs.

Taste/texture: taste is pleasant. Sweet taste, a little chemicalish aftertaste(can tell it is a supplement). Much like Gatorade fruit punch flavor. A little grainy. best i have tasted yet.

Pre-workout feelings: quick onset. Beginning with tingle of lips, then cheeks and ears. Definite tunnel vision. Very focused and ready to go. Feels lighter in my stomach than N.O.xplode.

Workout: wow. Great focus. Huge amounts of energy. Great pumps. Endurance increase.

Shrugs: 135x 1 (warm up)
225x 2
245x1

Dumbbell press: 35x 1 (warm up)
45x 3

Lateral row: 60x 3

Rear deltoid fly: 35x3

Lateral raise: 30 x 3

Cardio: 1 mile jog 9 min/ mile

this session lasted me about an hour.

Post workout: still feeling the buzz and focus. Not tingling anymore. delts and traps are definantly exhausted but feel great. No nauseous feeling at any point. No jitters. Good clean energy.

Summary: new favorite pre workout supplement. gave me great focus. great pumps. no nauseous feeling. no jittery/ uneasy feeling. energy to spare. the price is much better than that of other similar supplements. i paid $35.99 from GNC for 60 servings. (it was $67.99 for 50 servings of N.O.Xplode.) highly reccommened. i will keep this thread updated with new information i.e. increased dosage, strength gains, sickness, what have you.

thanks for reading! ( tried to post a picture of what the container looks like, but photobucket is down. i will post asap)
your shrug warm-up was 135lbs once? lol
Old 04-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
tsdneil
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

sorry if i didnt make myself clear. those numbers are sets. i.e. 245x 3= 3 sets of 10 reps. on my last set i usually burn out at about 12ish.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
mormonboy
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

What are your goals? Get massive? Stay fit? Those look like alot of reps and sets. All your doin is pumping blood into to muscle. Doesn't look like your building a whole lot of anything with that much reps and sets
Old 04-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
tsdneil
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

my goals are about the same as most people lol. lose some fat. gain some muscle. i am an officer in the army, so fitness is a huge deal for me. i am mostly looking for strength and endurance gains more than anything though. i just got really lazy and out of shape going to a military school with such long days, no sleep, and $hitty eating habits. trying to come back better than i was before with plenty of strength and endurance.

just a little knowledge for you guys: in the army, when you are over your weight standards, they have a body fat percentage standard. i am over my alloted weight for my height so they measure your waist and neck, so some size in my neck is the reason for the heavy shrugs.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
Nick M
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormonboy View Post
What are your goals? Get massive? Stay fit? Those look like alot of reps and sets. All your doin is pumping blood into to muscle. Doesn't look like your building a whole lot of anything with that much reps and sets
What makes you say that?

I would definitely not label his routine as being High Volume, at all.

Edit: OP - have you used other products regularly? Other preworkouts?
Nick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
tsdneil
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

i have used n.o. fury, which is a cheap knockoff from walmart(tastes like crap). i used to like it until i tried NOXplode(tastes pretty good). i tried nano vapor a couple times, but it was the pill form. not a big fan of it, it had a long onset, longer effects than i needed for my workouts, and a bad crash. i swore by noxplode until bought this C4 today(tastes great). this C4 has been by far the best i have used thus far. and the price is a steal($35.99 vs. $67.99- NOXplode) compared to other pre workout N.O. formulas i have tried. i dont claim to be fitness guru by anymeans, especially in the weight lifting department. i am recently getting back into lifting since i have been in military school for the past couple years.

edit: not sure i answered your question very clearly, but i consider my use of other products as regular. as i said though, i have recently started lifting regularly in the past 2 months or so using NOXplode. ( i got it for free from a friend )
Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
Nick M
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Cool, was just curious..

A quick FYI on preworkouts and what to look for:

These newer hot Preworkouts products, like 1MR, Hemorage, and Jack3d etc all contain 1,3 dimethylamylamine which is a pretty potent stimulant. C4 has it also.

Thats why C4 blows N.O. Explode out of the water for you (and just about anyone else who switches to a stim based preworkout from one that does not have them.

Its been an arms race to make a more powerful preworkout. Products like NO Explode really pale in comparison as far as actual ingredients, but marketing is a powerful thing..

Just be aware that its not just caffeine thats giving you that boost, and you will build a tolerance to it if u regularly use it.

I took 3 weeks off in December from preworkouts, and I am about to take about 6 weeks off from them starting next week.
Nick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
tsdneil
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

yeah, i did a little research and read up on 1 and 3 but i didnt know that noxplode didnt have it. thanks for the info. i have been off noxplode for about a week or so, so i think my tolerance has gone down a little too.

i didnt work out today because i am taking my wife out on a date since we havent been able to spend much time together lately with work and school, but i am going to hit the gym again tomorrow morning to report back on the results again.

cheers!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
tsdneil
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

another workout today on C4 extreme. again, great buzz, great energy. did deadlifts, calves, and lats today. no nauseous feelings. so far so good.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
BoostnEK6206
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

bring back to the top. Can anyone compare the C4 to Jacked? I am on my 2nd deal of jacked and really liked it thats why i bought another, But as expected im getting use to it and I dont like to add more and more scoops so i feel it again cause i have had problems with my heart when I was in High School (22 now) so anways i wanna try a new pre workout like c4 or 1mr, anways comparision on jacked to c4 anyone? thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #12
BuBBa y0!
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to BuBBa y0!

any reason why you guys don't consider the tried and true EC stack? it's by far a lot more cost effective.

bronkaid ~$10
caffeine pills ~$5

i use to take white flood and compared it one day against the EC stack and pretty much felt the same, if not the EC stack was a a little more stronger.
BuBBa y0! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
Gearspeed-Performance
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (1)
gear.speed.1

I to was very skeptical about a preworkout supplement. So I began working out without any type of supplement. I typically mountain bike 3-4 times a week and do weight training on the days I don't mountain bike. I ride with a couple friends and wanted to do a rough comparison to see if there was any type of difference. I tried C4 for a few weeks and noticed after the first few times that I can pull away from them on uphill climbs like never before. They said I had been sandbagging it the whole time! My typical ride would take me about 42 minutes to complete...I have cut it down to 30 minutes after 30 days of being on C4(mostly because I was able to cut out those rest breaks from lack of energy and burning out). C4 gives me the energy boost I need to push my workouts further. Same goes in the weight lifting department...I am able to squeeze in an extra set and the ability to push more weight. I am not a pro or fitness guru either but, I must say I am very pleased with this product. Maybe its just a mental thing?? But it has done good for me and doesn't have any negative side effects as of yet.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
upgraded
Honda-Tech Member
1991 Honda Civic

GNC has buy one get one half off, checked it against the price on Amazon and it seems to be a good enough value if you want to try the stuff out.

Edit: It's the same deal if you buy the 60 serving, this is only good if you want 30 servings of two different flavors. Oops, I'm under the wrong account.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #15
ForceFed Motorsports
Dirk Diggler
Garage is empty, add now

Bumping this because I took some today for the first time. Mother of god, haven't felt that beast since I ran out of Jack3d.

I'm fighting a cold and even still was able to pump out my current weight sets easier than ever. Once I'm full health I should be able to up my weights
Originally Posted by 213374U View Post
And what exactly does your dink *** know about first world problems?
ForceFed Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #16
El ToroFuerte
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

El_Torofuerte El T0r0fuerte
Send a message via Yahoo to El ToroFuerte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
Bumping this because I took some today for the first time. Mother of god, haven't felt that beast since I ran out of Jack3d.

I'm fighting a cold and even still was able to pump out my current weight sets easier than ever. Once I'm full health I should be able to up my weights
It is my preferred NO. Tried a few others always come back to this one.

El ToroFuerte is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
bad, c4, cardio, cellucor, extreme, fitness, making, post, pre, sick, supplement, suppliments, tingling, wokout, workout