Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Turbo Vics 1995 Accord LX Wagon build/revival thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Vics 1995 Accord LX Wagon build/revival thread

so............i been looking for a black 94-95 accord ex 5 spd wagon for the longest time. very hard combination to come by. about 90 % of the wagons i came across where tan. i could never do tan, i get to dirty. i came across alot of automatics, but i really wanted 5 spd. and all the 5 spds i came across where LX models. i was working with a $2000 budget. i came across a couple wagins that might be doable, but no definates. then i came across a 95 accord lx wagon on craigslist but it was for short money. it was listed for
$800obo os i offered 6. i txt back and fourth with the guy selling for an hour trying to find out whats what. then he offered for me to make payments on it. so i was down. he had purchased the car for his girlfriend to use for some time til she got a new car. come to find out i was txting a friend of mine and dident even know it. so he took the listing off of craigslist

so the car is a 1995 accord lx wagon automatic. i did not want lx or auto but i figured it make a project out of it. i will do a 5 spade conversion.

the accord is in need of some major body work, this is how it stands as of now

so as you wee if def needs new rear quarters. the passenger side rear door area was hit and then re bondoed. i am going to cut that whole section out and weld in new metal.

my plans for the car is to do all body work/paint myself. i have never done any body work before, so this should be good.i do have a welder and all the tools ill need. i work part time at harbor freight so i can get most of the body work stuff i need there. on saturday i brought this spray gun kit

http://www.harborfreight.com/profess...kit-94572.html

and an orbital sander sander they had on clerance for $9

i also got a runner sanding block a mixing board and a bunch of other mixing stuff.

over last summer i brought these rims just to put them on an accord wagon. the are MK Motorsports MK1 rims 18x8.5 5 lug with +38 offset. rims are in pretty good condition and i got a great deal on them. went all the way to ny to get them.

so with that being said a 5 lug conversion is in the works.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Vics 1995 Accord LX Wagon build/revival thread

for my plans for this wagon goes like this

do all body work
install new powered aftermarket sunroof
redo suspension (ball joints, tie rods, bushings)
5 speed conversion
rear disc brake conversion
5 lug conversion
window vent visors
new grill
black housing headlights
type r lip
custom sub woofer box 2 10" kicker cvx or square solo's
wrap seats leather, repaint interior plastics black
ebay turbo kit. dont plan on going above 10 psi, just something for a lil fun.
2.5" exhaust w apex-i ws2 muffler

i am hoping to find a 94-95 ex accord that i can use for parts. maybe something that was rear ended that i may be able to salvage the complete front end, 4 doors, the seats, 5spd vtec swap and the wiring.

i am not going to bother trying to get a black carpet. i tired aftermarket carpets several times, but they never work. an d i tried painting a Grey carpet black, still no dice. ill keep the Grey carpet, but i do want to get the 4 black floor mats and rear cargo carpet from weather tech. all 5 pieces are going to run about $500

i already ordered alot of parts, ill post pics as they come in

Last edited by SQ is the SQUAD; 04-04-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

today i ordered the front two odyssey knuckles with hubs from a salvage yard for $90. know i know there's a good chance i may not need the whole knuckle but ill save them for back ups just in case. i also ordered 2 97+ prelude rear hubs for my 5 lug conversion.

a local rotor company can supply me with the 98+ type r rotors for the 5lug conversion. i believe i already have 23t brake brackets around here somewhere.

i am slowly piecing together an ebay tubo kit. trying to find out if i buy an integra/civic bre bent piping kit will it be long enough to fit on the accord.

i want to run the piping pretty much like this. (not my car, got this from the accord picture thread for reference) i do realize that i would have to move the battery.

i want to use this ebay integra kit

[img][/img]

i already have a chipped ecu with demon/ectune combo.
rc550 injectors
255lph fuel pump

the only other things ill need to throw the turbo kit on would be a wide band setup and boost gauge. the rest of the misc stuff i am sure i have. like i said this is for my personal enjoyment, its not a race car, its a daily driver.

and most of this "cheap" stuff i have used before, here is my old mini me set up

Last edited by SQ is the SQUAD; 04-04-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Likin what you've got planned man. Looks good. I'm starting to source the parts for my 5 lug conversion and summer boost project as well. Good luck, in for updates. :sasmokin:

On a sidenote, do you have a writeup on the galant from your sig?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no, i never finished it. ended up moving and i got rid of all the parts. but it was pretty much a straight forward swap using talon tsi/gsx parts. i just needed to cusome the drive shaft tunnel. just about everytihng else was bolt on
Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wagons are all kinds of awesome. I can't wait to see this finished. Keep us updated, bro.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SQ is the SQUAD
no, i never finished it. ended up moving and i got rid of all the parts. but it was pretty much a straight forward swap using talon tsi/gsx parts. i just needed to cusome the drive shaft tunnel. just about everytihng else was bolt on
oh damn. my friend has a galant sitting in his driveway and he toyed with the idea of doin the swap.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

almost everything is a direct bolt on. 2.4 galant block and tsi/eclipse dohc head. the only custoiation is the tunnel shaft and wiring.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

Civic/integra piping on an accord intrigues me. Right now I've got some universal piping with the kit I bought, But I don't know if I can be bothered to mess with it when I get around to installing everything.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the only issue i see is having to relocate/reposition the battery so the pipe can pass by..ill post some pics when the kit comes in
Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is how i pretty much invision my kit/piping being set up. except with a cast manifold.

<a href="http://*******/hT84Sz" target="_blank" />Check out this image!</a>
Old 04-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ill fix that link up top later

got alot of stuff comming in this week. pic up the car last nite, it needs alot of work/ has a loud fart can that needs to come off asap.

ordered a bunch of snap lock fittings and some dot air line hose for the vacuum setup for the turbo kit. i also found an eletronic boost control solenoid for $30 on ebay, the same solenoid that usuallt sells for $75+
Old 04-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i decided to see how much metal i had behind some of the body rott, wasn't as bad as i expected. was able to "peel" the top later of bondo/rott off with my hands. hopefully the replacement panels i ordered will have enough metal to replace the rotted area.

the inner door well was hit, it has alot of really bad bondo, but luckly it was all metal behind that, so its fixable

posted the cl rims , wing, and some altiza tailights i found in the trunk on craigslist.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by SQ is the SQUAD
the only issue i see is having to relocate/reposition the battery so the pipe can pass by..ill post some pics when the kit comes in
Cool, looking forward to it. Might just do the same thing if it works out well for you.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i want to buld a slim box like this for 2 1o" kickers and still have trunk space. fdont need the amp rack part, just the box

Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i also want to build some retrofit projector head lights like these. black housing with yellow centers (highbeans/jdm fogs)

Old 04-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i sold the altiza tail lights. took the wing off, got it sold. if today goes as planed, i am going to pick up some 97 prelude rims to ride on until my MK's are ready to put on.

i am considering going toe route of factory sunroof if i dont find one i like soon.

i am budgeting out $600 for auto body supplies. i decided that i am def going to do everything my self.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sold the wind off the wagon for $150

then i picked up these prelude rims for $150

i am going to rid on them until my mk's are ready. they will be my winter wheels.

now i just got to decided do i want to leave them gunmetal or do i want to polish them.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

found a complete h22 motor in new your thats in need of a rebuild. $300. if its still there ill grab it on sunday.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i found 2 h22 motors, both needing rebuilds. the first is local, jdm h22. timing belt snapped while idleing. $275
the second is an h22a4 in new york. needs valve seals/piston rings. $300

i will most likely get the one that is local to me. hopefully the valves arent bent
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i went today to the junkyard to look at the wagon roof again. its was pretty good. i am going to cut it out on Monday. i removed the rain shields and i can see the spot weld holes. so removing to the top skin from the frame i cut out will be pretty easy.

i think i am sold on sonding the new roof skin in

Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the direction this is going. Keep us posted with the updates. If you weren't in Boston, I'd buy those CL wheels from you.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so freeking pissed. ordered some 95 oddyssy spindles. got send honda accord spindles. i asked several times for them to make sure that they are the 5 lug odyssy spindles. now i gotta wait for the right parts again. holding me up.....................
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so i am working on putting a cheap exhaust system together. my old turbo ef has a system comprised of kteller 2.5" mandel bend piping kit. magnaflow/carsound 2.5" hi flow cat. magnaflow 2.5 resignator and magnaflow muffler. it sounded awesome, and dident smell.

so i want to build a similar kit. i am going to go a different route this tiime. i am going to but one of the ebay 2.5 exhaust kits. cut off the muffler amd weld on the magnaflow muffler.

i also brought one of the ebay "hi flow cats" i know its just a test pipe but i brought it becasue it was cheaper than buying the honda style cat flanges to weld on the the magnaflow cat so i will cut it up and use the flanges.

this is the muffler i am going with

Old 04-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i made a little bit of progress this week. i removed the old alarm system that was half disabled and i had no remote to.

i also removed most of the interior plastic. almost everything was loose, and had screws drilled into the wrong places. i am going to prep them, paint them black. i got a carbon fiber dash trim kit for a lot of it.

the car was really filthy under the armrest. i will have to rent a steam vac to clean it out.

i also got a bunch of stuff from the junkyard. i got the pedal assembly, clutch master for the 5spd conversion. i also got 1st gen odyssey roof racks.

i did get to cut off an ex wagon roof. i got it home. i started removing the head liner, sunroof and roof skin. tougher than i originally though.

most of the parts i have ordered have come in already. ill get pics this weekend

Quick Reply: Turbo Vics 1995 Accord LX Wagon build/revival thread