Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

f&f type 1 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f&f type 1 question

so im getting f&f type 1's in the next couple weeks and im debating on either getting the eg ones or the ef ones, what would be the advantages and disavantages of each.

im wanting to slamm it and some auto x this summer, and yes ill raise it to auto x

thanks for your input in advance
Old 04-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: f&f type 1 question

If you are going to auto-x your car don't get F&F's there are better options.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by parrotcrx
so im getting f&f type 1's in the next couple weeks and im debating on either getting the eg ones or the ef ones, what would be the advantages and disavantages of each.

im wanting to slamm it and some auto x this summer, and yes ill raise it to auto x

if u want a cheap set up, get progress but way better quality
Old 05-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

having had f&f type 1 on my daily driver for a year they are a great street coilover that gives a good ride slammed it ends there
Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

getting type-1's for my daily, but idk about for an auto-x setup
Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blackcivicSi
having had f&f type 1 on my daily driver for a year they are a great street coilover that gives a good ride slammed it ends there
These must be 16 year olds who have no idea what ride comfort is to say "yeah dey ride slamd and i wouldn't have it any other way"

It is impossible to ride "slammed" and have a remotely good ride. To not bang your suspension components and destroy your bushings you need really stiff rates, 500+ Front and I'm sure at least 350lb springs in the rear. Not to mention having to drive carefully over every dip in the road or uneven surface.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ek forever guy
These must be 16 year olds who have no idea what ride comfort is to say "yeah dey ride slamd and i wouldn't have it any other way"

It is impossible to ride "slammed" and have a remotely good ride. To not bang your suspension components and destroy your bushings you need really stiff rates, 500+ Front and I'm sure at least 350lb springs in the rear. Not to mention having to drive carefully over every dip in the road or uneven surface.
well your full of ****.....

i'm not 16 actually i'm 26....would you like me to rephrase this? they ride GOOD for a slammed car....considering all my bushings have been replaced and i do NOT smack my upper control arms on the shock towers.

On the highway they ride very cush does not beat you to death. don't be an ***
Old 05-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by parrotcrx

For street or autox use, don't get these. If you plan on doing a few autox's a year, definitely don't get these. Also, every time you adjust your ride height, you'll need to get an alignment. Either slam it and stay slammed, or leave it at a reasonable height and enjoy the comfort and the true performance of your suspension.

Go with Koni/GC.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM

The ST Suspensions are tuned by their German engineers. They can perform very well on the track and daily street use. The price is very reasonable. The quality is by far better than others as ST Suspensions is the brother company to KW Suspensions. If your looking for a coilover with full adjustment then I would recommend the KW coilover but the price is much higher.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:18 AM
opc
Honda-Tech Member

if its a coilover and not something from a brand over 10 years old.. stay away.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just got a set cant beat the price, i guess well see how they hold up, i had great customer service from weaksauce vendor and the product seems to be put together well imo, see if it does well on street this summer
Old 05-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T_S_S
The ST Suspensions are tuned by their German engineers. They can perform very well on the track and daily street use. The price is very reasonable. The quality is by far better than others as ST Suspensions is the brother company to KW Suspensions. If your looking for a coilover with full adjustment then I would recommend the KW coilover but the price is much higher.
It's getting pretty old that you just tout the suspension you sell when it has almost no following whatsoever in the Honda community.

The price is terrible, $800 for a coilover set that doesn't have adjustable damping, terrible spring rates, (300lb/100lb as you mentioned in your info thread) a 5 year warranty, and as mentioned hardly any Honda following.

For the same $800 you can get Koni/Ground control, which has the largest following of any suspension setup and has a large following on many car makes. Easily the largest aftermarket shock manufacturer by volume in the world. You get a lifetime warranty, you can pick your rates, the shocks are re-buildable to handle higher rates, and the damping is adjustable.

Sorry, for $800 the ST setup really can't compete for what is offered for Hondas already. Progress CS-II at $580 is better than the ST $800 coilovers. At least with the progress kit you get a manufacturer with a long following, record holding products, and you can choose spring rates.

Everything about the ST setup you've mentioned so far only tells me that no one in the company has ever taken a basic economics course.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blackcivicSi
Originally Posted by jaggin23
getting type-1's for my daily, but idk about for an auto-x setup
Listen to these guys, they are the best for the $$. Here's a great example

http://htarchive.org/showthread.php?t=2580743
Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They ride pretty nice even all the way down. It's good that they're shock length adjustable.