Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

loud noise from back passenger tire area AND stalling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud noise from back passenger tire area AND stalling?

My 1999 Honda Accord Has A Stalling Problem. At First It Was When I Came To A Stop Light, My Car Would Stall And All Of My Lights Would Come On As If I Didn't Completely Turn Over The Key. All I Had To Do Was Put It In Park, Turn It Off, And Restart And She Was As Good As New. Then, My Car Would Stall Here And There While I Was Driving On The Express Way. It Wouldn't Putter Or Anything. It Would Simply Lose Electricity (except Not Because My Lights Were On, My Stereo Was On, And My Key Light Was Blinking. However, My Speedometer Was At Zero MPH And My Miles Were Black) Again, Just Break, Put The Car In Park, And Start It Back Up. TODAY, My Car Went Crazy! I Replaced The Spark Plugs Two Days Ago And She Ran Like A Dream. She Wouldn't Even Shake While Idling. We Stopped At A Red Light And My Speedometer Went Crazy, Jumping To 100 MPH To 10 Then Back Up Although I Was Parked. We Turned It Off, And It Wouldn't Start Back Up Like Normal! The Only Way She Would Keep Running Is To Keep The Gas Pushed Down. As Soon As Your Foot Was Off Of The Gas, The Car Didn't Idle At One, It Went Straight To Zero And Turned Off, But The Lights Inside The Car Stayed On, Just Like I Hadn't Turned The Key Over. Someone Suggested There Was Water In The Gas, So I Bought Something For It And Let It Sit For Three Hours. After The Three Hours, It Turned On And Still Idled A Bit, But It Ran. Two Hours Later, It Turned Right Back Off On The High Way But Didn't Go Crazy. HOWEVER It Took A Good Four Times And Revving Up The Engine In Order For It To Stay On. HELP!

ALSO

A month ago my Honda started to make a clicking noise in the back passenger tire area, I thought nothing of it, thinking there may have been a rock in it. As the weeks passed, the noise got louder. my car put the icing on the cake when this noise got EXTREMELY loud today. It now sounds like something is grinding, although I was told it is not a wheel baring. Speed doesn't increase or decrease the sound, but turning left does. Either way, I am broke and do not have time for crappy big name mechanics to tell me a million things that is wrong with my car. And my mechanic is a good thirty minute drive! If its really dangerous, I need to find another way to get my beloved car there.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: loud noise from back passenger tire area AND stalling?

sounds like main relay to me...

come to think of it.. it maybe the ignition switch. i'd start with the ignition switch first..
Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: loud noise from back passenger tire area AND stalling?

noise behind passenger back of car,well fuel pump is on driverside and can sound like pasenger side. but a fuel pump going bad would cause this problem. lack of fuel to engine will stall. allthough most fuel pumps when they go they just go. but is worth checking