Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - Current)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 03-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
SmogKing
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
StingeeWitDinero
Default How to DISENGAGE VSA-traction control??

I had a 2010 Accord sedan that came in for inspection today, In order to run the vehicle on the Dyno we must disengage the VSA. I tried pressing the VSA OFF button but that did not help. I also tried holding it down for 10-15 sec, no success. Tried Cycling the key, turned car OFF then started it back up, still the VSA doesnt disengage.

I called my nephew which is a Honda Technician, he says that there wasnt any special procedure, all I needed to do was press the button and it would disengage. I had other Hondas(2005+) that would come in and I would have the same problem.

I know that there has to be a way to disengage the traction control, Any help would be appriciated.

Last edited by SmogKing; 03-18-2011 at 11:51 AM.
SmogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
90sedan
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to 90sedan
Default Re: How to DISENGAGE VSA-traction control

It should turn off by holding the switch down for a few seconds till you hear a beep.

If the low tire pressure light is on, or a tpms code is stored, VSA cannot be turned off.
90sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
Kev2010
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Disconnect the battery cable. Make sure you have the radio code.

This should "reset" the computer.
Kev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
Havasu_Junkie
Honda-Tech Member
2009 Ford F-350

as to add to what 90sedan said. You need to get a scanner on there and see if there is any history or any other faults that may not trigger a dummy light.

Anything in the PGM-FI menu, or Engine menu, history or current, light on or off will cause VSA problems.

As already stated, check the TPMS menu, even if there is no TPMS or low tire light on, and there is a code stored, this overrides the VSA manual control.
Havasu_Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
2003, 2006, 2008, 2011, accord, button, control, controller, disconnecting, honda, light, pilots, switch, traction, turn, vsa