Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Rylan's ghetto EG build

Old 03-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rylan's ghetto EG build

Hey guys!

I figured I would post up my latest **** box haha
I got this car on trade after I finally got my buddy to give in and trade me his clean *** eg for my 4 wheeler.

Car has had the 1/4s replaced 6 years ago along with the paint. So far it has held up amazing, no rust other than a little where the lisence plate lights are.
1/4s are mint, floor is spectacular and the paint is awesome other than a few rock chips and little chips from normal use.

When I got the car, it was riced out a bit. Had projector headlights, gay tail lights, haggard wheels, no suspension worth talking about and led lights through out the whole damn car. I have since then ripped all of that out and gotten rid of it.

I picked up a mint set of OEM glass headlights, Amber corner lights to clean up the front end. I also found some awesome condition OEM tail lights to install. Those clear tail lights were not cutting it for me.

I ended up selling the wheels to some other ricer kid for 500$ haha so I made a **** load off of him. I just ordered some Drag DR16's in gold w/ polished lip to replace the gay wheels. They should be in next week :D

I also just ordered a set of Function & Form type 1 full bodied coilovers this week. Should be here with in a week or so from Weksos Industries in Cali! I think they will give me the handeling and stance im looking for.

Cleaned up the interior, added an Si cluster and painted the needles orange.... looks pretty sharp. Has integra seats and shift ****. Once the snow goes away and i can pull it out of my garage I will take some better high res photos for you all. I will update this as I go through the transformation.

Here is the car when I first got it, notice alllllll the rice tastic gear:

Here is some photos of how it sits now in the garage until my parts arrive.

One from today, after I installed my new to me tail lights:

I will update this like I said when I get my new parts on so you can see what it looks like when it looks like a car again!

Let me know what you think thus far! Wheels will be here this week, and suspension the next week!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rylan's ghetto EG build

You are lucky there was only that much ricetastic stuff on the car! Looks way better thus far and will look even better with the drags w/ it dropped a bit. If I were you I would take a saws'all and hack that hideous muffler off. Running open axel back on any d-series or b-series is by far better sounding than what those fart cans produce...not hating if you like it but it needs to go...what motor is in it?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh I know dude, That muffler is HORRIBLE. Going to find a cleaner exhaust for it.

It has a d15b with a d16z6 head on it, Works great. Throwing a code for Map Sensor, and a IACV code. Gotta get those fixed. I cleaned the IACV but it didn't fix it.

Im not going to slam the car on the ground either, reason being the roads here in Canada are horrible. Can't justify ruining a fine car just so I can drag on the ground all the time. aha The only ricey thing on the car is the nasty muffler, which is soon to come off.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know your quarters are new...but it looks weird.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What do you mean? The sharp body line of the quarters? It's just the angle and the lighting. They are solid.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes it is the body line..guess im used to worn out ones.haha actually its the paint on your car too. not saying its bad, just that im not used to seeing them that clear.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah it's normal, just looks sharp because of the angle and the gay lighting in the garage. Im impressed at the condition of the car.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

car looks good man! i think the only thing that has to go are the exhaust and mirrors. and possibly get a ex lip? other than that this thing is really clean!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Forgot about the mirrors, they are long gone now. Traded them for some stock mirrors !!

I am trying to track down an Si / JDM SIR lip for the car. Those Type R / Mugen lips are horrible on EG's IMO.

Thanks man!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks super clean, and from Canada no less! Very nice Rylan.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah our cars take a **** kicking with our winters. I always put my cars away for winter and drive something haggard until the snow goes away.

Thanks dude! Ill update this thread with progress and pictures as the parts arrive!!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got my Si cluster in tonight after paiting the needles orange. Makes it look a bit better IMO

Interior shot, It's surprisingly in awesome shape. Carpet looks quite dirty in these pictures. Needs a good vaccuming and cleaning. Going tomorow to buy an EK center console since I cant find an Optional audio console for cheap for the life of me.

Here is the horrible cluster that was in it, before I put in the Si cluster! haha it's horrible

Last edited by Rylan; 03-12-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to much of an update today...

Bought a new OEM Honda thermostat to try to figure out my over heating issue. It fixed the over heating issue, but i find the bottom hose of the radiator doesn't get warm. I dont know haha

Ordered a Honda JDM SiR EG6 front lip this evening too! I can't wait for it to arrive. 2 more days until I get my wheels!
Old 03-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey whats up! Dude, your definitely off to a nice start!
Cool that you found an Si cluster and dumped that Eurolite one...
They are made by Toucan Industries and its an f-ed up business! Apparently they moved their headquarters from Florida all the way up to Canada! haha
Guess business was taking a **** on them... lol

Anyway, back on topic of your car you should get a nice front lip for the Civic man! Here is a website that I have used for a good 2 years...
www.icbmotorsport.com is the place you wanna go for a BRAND NEW IN BOX parts and even some good deals on used parts...

EG6 Brand New Parts
LINK: http://www.icbmotorsport.com/cieg92.html

EG6 Used PartsLINK:
LINK: http://www.icbmotorsport.com/civiceg6sirii1.html

EG6 SiR front lip

LINK: http://www.icbmotorsport.com/jdm92hocieg6.html

They have got a sale on JDMEG6 SiR front lips! $99.97 + shipping...
They are essentially the same the Si & EX front lips from the same years: 92-95 body style... But not sure what a Honda dealer in Canada would charge for a BNIB front lip but this is what I bought and its an awesome addition to my rather boring front end... lol

JDM EG6 LED Rear Spoiler
Also, consider an 2-piece or rarer 1-piece EG6 SiR LED long brakelight spoiler! Dude, those short spoilers and short brake light are waaay GAY!
ICB Motorsport has sold out of them all but check out www.ebay.ca
OR...
Perhaps this website can be of some help... www.jdmshit.com
They got so many replicas and copies for really cheap!
But everything is made good and I have heard NOTHING but good things from these people!
Below is the link to their rear spoilers if you wanna do that up...
LINK: http://www.jdmshit.com/parts/exterior/index.html

---> Scroll down and its the 3rd section and its just after "Side Mirrors" GL

So seriously... Dude you got a really clean car! I am subscribing to this!
Just PM me on here with more questions and stuff cause I got sources too!
I am rarely on here but check in whenever I can... haha

AWESOME to see that D15B7 with the D16Z6 VTEC head on it...
That is still my plan and I am still looking for an OEM D16Z6 dizzy and now I am going to jack one with a friend... lol
So yeah... I am really glad to see a build thread from a fellow Canadian...
I know its "Honda Related" an all but man! A lot of people are bascially from the U.S. haha But nice to see your work!

ALSO: You also noted that you were going to retrofit an EK Center Console in an EG and I wanted to dispute this with you... lol
Man, in Europe there are Civic EDM parts! Which are different from...
1) USDM (U.S. Domestic Market) optional center console
2) UKDM (UK Domestic Market) optional center console
3) CDM (Canadian Domestic Market) optional center console

The USDM and CDM standard center consoles (the one you have in your interior picture) is what I had an it suited me but I eventually wanted something to hold more stuff and not use my stupid cupholders for holding my iPod!!!

The EDM Center Console is AWESOME! Its 10X better than any other console out there... I am talking its seriously a top notch part and an excellent upgrade!

So you need to look on eBay RIGHT NOW because there are those JDM Center Consoles but they aren't as cool as the LHD EDM Optional Center Consoles... JDM is RHD and therefore fitment isn't PERFECT but those Europeans were definitely thinking and that center console is the ****!
LHD over there means guaranteed fitment!

eBay SEARCH: EDM center console or EG6 center console

UKDM are the same as the USDM and CDM ones... (the stock ones and not the optional center consoles) Though I have no idea if the UK even had the optional audio console though...

So you need to look on eBay RIGHT NOW because there are those JDM Center Consoles but they aren't as cool as the LHD EDM Optional Center Consoles!

****** I even have a direct source in The Netherlands******
I can get you ANYTHING you want!

ALSO: So I met a guy named Deschlong (Eric) on here and he has many DIYs that you can use... Here his profile... https://honda-tech.com/forums/members/deschlong-999612099/
Even has a garage where you can see pictures of his car!

SO PLEASE PM with more pictures and I'll answer ANY questions you got Rylan! I'll PM you my e-mail address so you use that instead of doing a lot of PM's on Honda-Tech... (cause like I said before, I am not on here enough)

Thanks and looking forward to talking with ya man!

- Benjamin
Old 03-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ a little happy there aint ya?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^lmao
Old 03-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info buddy.

I got an AWESOME update as of today. I remember hearing a small clunk when I parked the car in the garage last night. I thought I bumped into something, turns out the harmonic balancer pulley fell right the **** off.

Ugh I hate when **** like that happens, it gets discouraging. So I have to figure out how to put that back on sometime soon. Id love to have this somewhat done for the car show coming up in April, so I can cruise up with my friends. Time's approaching.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 66 Posts

Speed Sport is right around the corner

Nice build so far Rylan, Any engine bay shots?

Good luck with the pulley and your future mods.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pulley is fixed! I don't think the previous owner inserted the little piece of key stock. I cut a new piece and tapped it in. I just hand torqued it until I can get a impact gun with a torque stick.

Got the cooling thing all figured out, car is working great. Just have to pick up a new MAP sensor, and pull my IACV and give it a thorough cleaning to see if it will get rid of the CEL code.

Thanks dude!

No engine bay shots as of now, it's nothing to brag about LOL It's dirty as hell.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I so love that color Rylan <3
Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Holly! It's a super nice color in the sun light. Thanks to Civic_HatchSI there, She helped me figure out the issue that was throwing the MAP sensor code. Such a simple stupid fix I feel like a retard for not picking up on it haha.

I got my wheels in today. I know they aren't Work wheels or SSR, or any big *** name brand like that. I have ran these wheels in another color on my other car and they have held up like a beast. I got these today, 15x7 +40 Drag DR16's in gooooold. Should look alright. Now time to find tires.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looking good dude, keep it up. I'm hoping to pick up a 2nd hatch soon as more of a project rather than a daily driver like my current one. Looking forward to seeing more, PM me if you need some help, I'll let you in on what I can.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome, very much appreciated man! Thanks!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there is a car locally that has the sharp rear line, the explanation is that the rear arches were replaced with the arches out of front fenders, my buddies car was done the same way. looks a bit sharper and more flared than a stardard EG quarter arch. looks likes a clean chassis to work with, look forward to progress.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The line isn't that sharp though at a better angle. It was how the light was hitting the paint, and the angle i snapped the picture at.

Picked up some Duplicolor gloss black automotive paint yesterday, and the clear to go with it...

Managed to paint my stock EG mirrors today. One was black, and one was faded red. I gave them a little scuffing with some fine sand paper, and then applied a coat or two of primer.

Once the primer was dry, I began my first coats of paint.

Then I cleared the living hell out of them! Here is a shot of both mirrors after clear! Check out the smooth shine I managed to get with just spray bombs!

I think they turned out amazing for painting these in my basement, with just a spray can of primer, black paint, and glossy clear coat! I took my time, and it paid off. I am very impressed..
What do you guys think?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rylan's ghetto EG build