Notices

Electrical issue dealing with cluster.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issue dealing with cluster.

Ok well my ran fine but recently change thermostat and now its making a buzzing noise coming from the fusebox.Guess because coolant might have spilled on some wires.But the temp gauge didnt work before or gas gauge.But now when I turn the key it goes all the way up and fuse box begins to buzz.Well I have to take my battery cable off when the car isnt be driven because its drawing power.Which im guess could be from the short or whatever is going on with the cluster.Even with the key out the check light stayed on so im guessing I have a short some where along the lines of the cluster wiring.Somebody know anywhere I could start all grounds on engine is present.Temp gauge didnt work then I replaced it and it went out then the car stopped throwing code but fusebox buzzing began.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Electrical issue dealing with cluster.

Originally Posted by coreysef
Ok well my ran fine but recently change thermostat and now its making a buzzing noise coming from the fusebox.Guess because coolant might have spilled on some wires.But the temp gauge didnt work before or gas gauge.But now when I turn the key it goes all the way up and fuse box begins to buzz.Well I have to take my battery cable off when the car isnt be driven because its drawing power.Which im guess could be from the short or whatever is going on with the cluster.Even with the key out the check light stayed on so im guessing I have a short some where along the lines of the cluster wiring.Somebody know anywhere I could start all grounds on engine is present.Temp gauge didnt work then I replaced it and it went out then the car stopped throwing code but fusebox buzzing began.
Sounds like you forgot to hook up your ground on the t-stat.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TeamRedline89Hatch
Sounds like you forgot to hook up your ground on the t-stat.
That ground is first one I checked and its hooked up temp gauge goes all the way up when you turn the key.And gas gauge doesnt work.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is tranny ground connected? mine did the same thing when I got in a hurry and did not put the tranny to frame ground on.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by imnike9000
Is tranny ground connected? mine did the same thing when I got in a hurry and did not put the tranny to frame ground on.
Yea tranny ground is on.Check engine light stays on even when key isnt present.Car was draining battery and seatbelt components were sounding like they were drawing power so I disconnected them.But engine light stays on but car throws no codes.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got a similar buzzing going on in my 1991 Si Hatch . . . its coming from a spot higher than the fuze box but not necessarily from the cluster . . . it almost sounds like its coming from the back of the steering column -- it is very annoying. It seems loudest at 3.5 - 5k rpm . . . I'll actually hear it slow and cease when rpms drop below 3. What the frack could this be!?