Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Suspension & Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 01-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
DeathSquad
Honda-Tech Member
1989 Honda CRX

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Ever heard of STAGG SHS shocks? Pretty cheap, but not sure of reliability.

Not sure where to put this thread, but since I only own EFs I might as well see what EF owners have to say.

Have you ever heard, seen, or purchased these?
Heres an ebay auction going on right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAGG...Q5fAccessories

I want to know if they are worth it, I mean they are F'en cheap!!!
But with all cheap parts, there are always downsides.

If you have used these or heard of someone using these are they of equal performance as Tokico blues? Or Kyb gr-2s? Let me know.

And I am ordering a set of koni yellows after I get a daily set first.
Konis will be for auto x purposes only. Not sure of springs, might just get Ground controls since it has alot of good reviews.
DeathSquad #24 (The Sole Survivour)
Power : 1989 CRX DX Swap B18a1 OBD0 (Rebuilt to OEM specs.)
Attribute : Asian (Car and Driver [Not the magazine. ])
DeathSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
stackedhouse
Honda-Tech Member
1991 Honda Civic

Default Re: Ever heard of STAGG SHS shocks? Pretty cheap, but not sure of reliability.

I saw these and was wondering the same.. I did some google searches and didn't really come up with anything but someone in a be forum emailed the seller and they said there about equal to tokico illuminas
Old 01-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
DCRB
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to DCRB
Default Re: Ever heard of STAGG SHS shocks? Pretty cheap, but not sure of reliability.

hmmm think i'll pick up a set of these n rock them for a bit, for the money the worst that happens is they're slightly better than oem right?
Plus my boss gets mad at me because she can't hear me 1/2 the time while I am on the phone with her lol "WHAT IS ALL THAT NOISE" - Bitch..... Its my Type R foo lol
DCRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
DeathSquad
Honda-Tech Member
1989 Honda CRX

Yeah I was thinking the same, since they are so cheap.
And I bought two stock struts from autozone and they cost me $120 already.
So for 4 unheard of shocks whats the worst I can do? lol.

But I have high doubts that these STAGGs will equal to tokico illuminas, since the illuminas are damping adjustable, if I am correct.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
PatrickGSR94
Honda-Tech Member
1994 Acura Integra

iTrader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to PatrickGSR94

http://staggshocks.com/

There ya go boys 'n girls

Lifetime warranty, except when installed on "excessively lowered" cars. Whatever that means... pretty subjective if you ask me.

H-T OG member #8927 class of '02 ● Koni + GC InstallHID retrofit club
member #0001
PatrickGSR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
MD426
Honda-Tech Member
1993 Acura Integra

They are comparable to KYB Gr-2, Tokico HP (Blue), Monroe, ect. I've searched quite a bit about them are most people that buy them like them. They are not meant for high spring rates or drop lower than 1.5 - 2 in. Even though they are made in China their quality is good and a limited life time warranty helps. I am considering picking up a set but no one has the rears in stock for mine.
MD426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
alphalanos
Honda-Tech Member
2000 Honda S2000

Send a message via AIM to alphalanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRB View Post
the worst that happens is they're slightly better than oem right?
I doubt it. OEM stuff is much better than most people give credit
Old 01-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #8
1fastvtec
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

I'm gonna buy a set as soon as their available for my DA. Looking to use them with Sprint springs. I'll keep you guys updated asto how they are.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
DeathSquad
Honda-Tech Member
1989 Honda CRX

Yup ordering one as we speak.
Hope it gets here by the time my BWR adjustable test-pipe gets here.
I just want to do all my work on the car and get it ready for daily driving.
Hate this rattling coming from my stock-cat. Stupid shield.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #10
MD426
Honda-Tech Member
1993 Acura Integra

You know you can remove the shield or have it welded back on. It will change the sound of the exhaust, especially more rasp with just a test pipe. I hope the shocks work out for you, post up when you get them on the car.
MD426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #11
gga_bliss
Honda-Tech Member
1993 Honda Civic

Any updates on the shocks?
gga_bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #12
sw07tc
Honda-Tech Member
2007 Scion tC

Send a message via Yahoo to sw07tc

Through a few days of researches on these! i see that one guy comment that the STAGG are a little stiffer then KYB, and Tokico are stiffer. I've had my dad's truck Monroe shocks blew withing 6months, and I've replace it with KYB GR-2 more then 2yrs and they still riding like day one! he do toll lumbers and heavy stuff, I'm pretty impressed with KYB GR-2, I Just order another set of KYB GR-2 for my aunt 03 MDX, and just notice KYB GR-2 is Made In Japan!!! and looks really quality built, in the other hand Stagg is Made In China, is another part which throw me off. I'm set to order another set of KYB GR-2 for my Scion tC with 1.25" TRD Spring drop.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
xcivictunerx
Honda-Tech Member
1995 Honda Civic

xcivictunerx

I just installed a set of STAGG dampers with sportline springs on my buddies EJ2. They were a dramatic improvement over the stock ones. I'm sure the stock ones were pretty bad when changed them out, but I've got tokico blues w/ skunk2 springs on my EJ1 and his car felt really good. It cornered well and had a very smooth ride. When I'm ready to change my struts out I'll probably go with STAGGS.
xcivictunerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
bigpunn421
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

i researched them a bit too on a couple of other car fourms. people have nothing but good to say. so im giving them a try.

i plan on running stagg struts for integra with eibach pro kit on my 95 sedan. for daily use

also i hear stagg makes bilstein struts. but thats just hearsay. i heard of a guy running the part number in a different computer and it came back as bilstein struts. but who knows.

i have omni power street setup adjustable and they are too stiff for me. but it handles like a dream. turns on rails compared to stock. i hope the almost type r spring rates(eibach pro kit) are good for dd and a little sporty feel.
bigpunn421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
lxdriver
Honda-Tech Member
2000 Honda Civic

vvfc_3_ej6

So how about them staggs for those of u that have them on? I wanna get a set and the eibach pro kit springs to drop my sedan but I want to know if they hold up good over time. They seem like a decent set for that price and are intended for daily driving, which its all I do, so let me know yeah...
lxdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
grumblemarc
The Grumpiest
1996 Honda Civic

iTrader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to grumblemarc Send a message via Yahoo to grumblemarc Send a message via Skype™ to grumblemarc

Curious to see what you'll do if no one "lets you know". But it doesn't look like you actually read the thread because only one person convinced himself that these were okay.
I wish more parents would beat their children, then maybe most of them wouldn't be total spoiled, self absorbed *********.
grumblemarc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
lxdriver
Honda-Tech Member
2000 Honda Civic

vvfc_3_ej6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumblemarc View Post
Curious to see what you'll do if no one "lets you know". But it doesn't look like you actually read the thread because only one person convinced himself that these were okay.
Nothing, thats what I'll do. I wanted to make sure how they have held up since their original install up to today, any excessive sagging, defective parts/components or stuff like that?
lxdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #18
jblaust
Honda-Tech Member
2002 Acura RSX

Send a message via AIM to jblaust

I bought a set of Stagg SHS shocks/struts for my 2002 Civic EM2 with Vogtland lowering springs off of Ebay for like $350 shipped. I was a little hesitant at first but then I figured how bad could they be? It was a GREAT purchase! I would compare the springs to Tein/Eibach and the struts to Tociko blues. I had no problems at all with this setup and am actually buying the same setup again from ebay for my 02 Acura RSX that replaced my EM2. The ride is as good as stock with better handling and I was lowered about 1.5". I would reccomend these to anyone on a budget that wants to do a subtle drop at an affordable price. WELL WORTH IT!
jblaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #19
grumblemarc
The Grumpiest
1996 Honda Civic

iTrader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to grumblemarc Send a message via Yahoo to grumblemarc Send a message via Skype™ to grumblemarc

^^As long as you're happy. Me? I'll go with the setup backed by proven performance, warranties and tons of R&D every time.
I wish more parents would beat their children, then maybe most of them wouldn't be total spoiled, self absorbed *********.
grumblemarc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #20
jblaust
Honda-Tech Member
2002 Acura RSX

Send a message via AIM to jblaust

They have lifetime warranty on the struts
jblaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
jasnzef
Honda-Tech Member
1989 Honda Civic

Bought a set for my EF about 4 months ago on ebay, so far I would have to say they are definitely worth the price I paid, about $130-$150. Not to stiff and not to soft, gives a nice overall around town drive.
jasnzef is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
96, civic, front, good, high, honda, kyb, performance, review, reviews, shock, shocks, shs, stagg, staggs, struts, tech