Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

93 Accord Power Inverter Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Accord Power Inverter Install

I actually did this install years ago with a free-to-me inverter (not big, but when all I had was my 120-volt wall charger for my phone.. hey!)

I had to take the ECU out for my brother to troubleshoot his Accord, so I figured I'd snap some pics before I put the ECU back in so anyone else thinking of doing an inverter for whatever reason has some ideas:

Here you can get the basic idea of where it's located.

Here's a close-up view (you can see the ECU plugs to the left):

ECU mount covers everything nicely. Back when I did this originally I was going to mount the inverter to the metal plate, but never did... and didn't when I had the chance this time either:

All hidden away

Dirty (hey it's a 93!) carpet back in place

I cut the lines to the AC outlet, and ran 14.. or was it 16.. gauge wire to the center console and mounted the AC outlet to the left of the E-Brake in one of the empty covers.
I also cut the lines to the On/Off switch and re-routed them to the center console as well, mounting a small toggle switch (the kill switch for DEI remote starts) right above the AC outlet in another blank cover.

Since it's a small inverter I just pulled power from the cig socket. It's enough to run my laptop, charge a phone, etc. Just thought I'd pass it along for anyone else looking to do something similar.