Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

After market keyless entry on Honda element 2003

Old 03-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market keyless entry on Honda element 2003

Has anybody installed a VALIANT REMOTE CONTROL KEYLESS DOOR SYSTEM
in a 2003 element. I'm real close I can get the door to lock and unlock using the remote but only when the key is in. My door locks always only work if the key is in. My power to the unit is on when key is out, so don't think its a power issue. I can even hear the valiant model click but it seems the factory thief protection is not turning the lock motor on. Any help please?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Trial User

Default Re: After market keyless entry on Honda element 2003

Well I finally got the keyless entry working on my car. It was the anti thief but just the fuse. If you going to go after market don't mess with the factory connection I thought it will have the wires I needed it doesn't. You'll find instructions the white and blue wire and the white and green wire( mainly white for both) cut an strip both ends attach wire back together and to the respective lock and unlock wire I found power on a plug not used close to the factory plug. I just used my volt meter till I found two lose wires giving 12 volt when the car is off. Finally no more climbing thru the trunk oh yea!!
Thanks Honda for the best car in the world except door locks and windshield. If you own a Honda Element you know what I'm talking about.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: After market keyless entry on Honda element 2003

Glad to hear you got it working but I don't understan why you didn't just go oem, it only took me like 5 min to install... and its pretty cheap via handa-accessories.com...

Either way how bout some pix of your e?