Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

DevinG916's DC4 Integra Build // OEM parts etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DevinG916's DC4 Integra Build // OEM parts etc

Howdy there fellow honda-tech members!

This will be my first build of my 96 integra ls. I've owned a 95 civic dx, 94 integra ls, 00 civic ex, 93 civic ex, 96 civic ex, and then finally this integra. I've always liked hondas, but never really owned one long enough to build it. This integra has been my favorite car so far and I'm excited to finally have a build.I'm 20 years old and live with my girlfriend so the build won't be super baller.

My other hobbies include:
Ruger SR556 AR15 Rifle.

04 Suzuki GSXR 750

Now to the photos to catch you up from when I bought the car til today.

day I bought her home from ct

My girls car (my old civic)

kind of funny we both have 96 hondas that are green

Plans
Interior:
Black Suede
S2000 Cluster
repaint/repair original plastic panels
some ITR love as well

Exterior:
remove dents
OEM window visors
98-01 USDM front
custom paint

Engine:
not entirely sure
removed AC
removed PS
removed ABS

Suspension:
progress csII
enkei rpf1s

Wheels/tires/brakes:
plan on big brake upgrade
hawk pads
brembo/mini rotors

Exhaust:
apexi ws2 or yonaka

hubcaps off

was moving something in the car and it slid forward @ a stop sign causing this:

Alright now onto the build!

Sorry for the huge pictures, still trying to figure that out while using photobucket.

Decided it was time to get rid of the terrible tan interior and do the oh so mighty black interior swap.

Hit up the junkyard about an hour away:

Everyone says that the 94-01 interiors are direct swaps. They are, but only too an extent. I had to learn this the hard way. My car (pre-97) doesn't have the chassis reinforcement bar that goes across the rear seat.

This causes a gap with the rear panels. It bolts in, but just doesn't look right.

Taking out tan dash.

Painted carpet which I'll need to re-do because it just didn't work as planned. Daily use makes the paint wear off. Poor job.

New stuff in:

Almost done!

I also painted the seats with fabric dye (because I found a how-to on here) but it just doesnt feel right. Should of done this right the first time.

New interior all done

Although I don't have any pictures, (mainly because I never planned on a build thread), I got some gsr leathers front/rear to match the door panels.

Also bought an OEM CDM passenger airbag delete tray.

I've never done work like this on a vehicle but I am mechanically inclined. Decided I didn't want power steering so I followed Melt Mans removal guide and took that bad boy out!

Absolutely love having the looped power rack. You can definitely feel the road better while driving.

Decided to buy some 98-01 all red tail lights to replace the stock ones, also took some picturez after a nice little wash.

My girlfriend (Meagan) and I decided we wanted to buy some OEM rims. She loves the LS webs and I have a soft spot for GSR blades.

Got both with some decent tires for $500. Not bad for 8 rims with like 4.5 good tires lol.

We got all the tires taken off, I plan on buying all new tires for the rims. The webs were kinda tore up, so they were sand blasted, then I had my welding teacher in high school weld up some of the gashes and fix them up for me. I have a welding background (going to be my career) just don't have any welding machines in my shed.

Currently, the blades are being sanded so I can polish them. The webs are just waiting for paint.

Found a local integra owner going jdm front and was selling his usdm front.

picked up two fenders with side markers already cut, headlights, turn signals, brackets and bumper with "mugen" style front lip. Not a buy for $300.

Also picked up some cheap POS double din for the time being

Fast Forward to January 2013
I was driving and there was a light dusting of snow. My ABS has always made a grind noise but never threw any codes. As I was driving, my car slid and hit a guardrail. I was more upset that the abs doesn't work. Not the biggest deal seeing as I have a new front end, but atleast I wasn't hurt.

I think I did more damage to the rail so It was an even fight lol

Now that your all caught up, I decided I am going to delete the abs system. I don't need it, it doesn't work and I just flat out don't want it. I know this will de-value the car, but I don't plan on selling the car.

I bought the 4 RS (non-abs) brake lines, the RS 40/40 proportioning valve and a s2000 clutch master cylinder. I will be keeping the stock LS master cylinder and just flaring the line as needed.

Parts arrived today 4/18/13 including checkered motorsports s2k cmc spacer/oem gasket.

Pics to follow.

Last edited by deving916; 04-18-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DevinG916's DC4 Integra Build // OEM parts etc

abs doesn't work worth a dam on snow/ice or loose gravel .
Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive hated ABS on every car Ive driven!! At least you got the 97+ front end to swap over.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Agreed. I can't wait to remove it within the next few days. It's just a pain. I have the fuse out because it just makes an awful grinding noise every couple of minutes.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by strykr89
Ive hated ABS on every car Ive driven!! At least you got the 97+ front end to swap over.
it's actually 98+

nice progress so far though!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

want to order another oem tune up kit but my car is making a "ringing" noise after you left off the rev it up.

may be bearings in the alternator so may have to get that instead.

any recommendations?

new oem is about 1,000$ lol sike