Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shop for swap in midwest

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shop for swap in midwest

i'm looking for a shop to swap a b16a1 into my 89 CRX Si, i would like to do it all myself but i just moved and no longer have a garage or the resources to do so, so i'm trying to locate a shop that has a good rep. to do it for me, i'm in iowa so preferable somewhere close to around here.

or if there is anyone on here that would be willing to do it for me i might go that route.

someone help me out, thanks.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:14 PM

Default Re: shop for swap in midwest (3rd Si)

Im not sure how far away Omaha is from you, but if you are close by, I recommend Sublime Speed Technology. They specialize in motor swaps and custom turbo setups and are a very good shop. I go there for everything I need done that I cant do myself. If you are close to Omaha, PM me, and I'll hook ya up with thier number.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:21 PM

Default Re: shop for swap in midwest (AudioFuct)

i've actually been trying to find out what that place is called cause i'd heard a lot about it but no one around here knew for sure what its called. but yeah omaha is only like an hour and a half away.... if you could then just email me the number to the place cause i can't get IMs yet b/c i'm still just a trial user entity2g2@aol.com
Old 05-19-2003, 05:02 PM

Default Re: shop for swap in midwest (3rd Si)

Aight, not a problem. I'll hit ya on the email when i get home from work (which should be in about an hour or so).
Old 05-19-2003, 06:39 PM

Default Re: shop for swap in midwest (AudioFuct)

I would also like to add that if you are looking for a b16 and dont know of any places to trust to order one from. I highly, HIGHLY, recommend http://www.hmotorsonline.com, Steve is a great guy to do business with and his motors are of the highest quality.

My swap got to me in a little under two weeks (From CA to NE). So I imagine it would be about the same shipping time to get to you, since you live like an hour from me.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: shop for swap in midwest

I know this is a old thread, however I want to make sure that everyone is aware of my personal experience with Sublime Speed Technology http://sstracing.com/ out of Omaha NE. I came to them in April 2010 because my engine seemed to be loosing coolant and had a weird issue with my idle.

This motor only had 1k miles on it. So, I had Jeremy B. do a leak down test on engine and he said that it definitely had a blown head gasket, he said the top of my block had an uneven surface and the head wouldn't seal properly to the block. I then asked what my options are to get it fixed and Jeremy B. and Mike M. (Owner) said that they could resurface the block with no guarantee or I could buy a new sleeved block and get a 1 year guarantee.

I went with the new sleeved block and also smaller pistons 81mm, based on their recommendations. Well to make a long story short, they said it would only take 2 weeks from the time they received my new sleeved block to finish the complete build.

That turned out to be BS it took 5 months! They gave the car back to me idling sporadically! Their excuse was it took this long because of bearing issues...WTF? During this 5 month process it has been nothing but a nightmare! I caught Jeremy B. lying on many occasions, such as saying the bearings were bad...the water and oil pump were not OEM...my cooling fan was hooked up backwards (pushing air). Which were all not TRUE!

Had the bearings checked out by 3 different Mechanics and guess what? They all said the same thing! "These bearings look brand new" and the oil pump, yep you guessed it OEM and the fan? Why even lie about something like this? I used it all the time and it was pulling air not pushing air when I had the car in my possession.

In addition to this by the time I got my final bill it was 25% higher than the original estimate. WTF? Isn't it suppose to be the other way around?

So, of course like usual anytime you speak with Jeremy B. or Mike M. their solution is always buy more stuff and it will fix the issues...

Almost $8000.00 later, I finally got fed up and went some where else to get my idle issue fixed. Took the guy 10 mins to figure out what the problem was and it was fixed and OMG I didn't have to buy injectors, new cams.....nothing? Mike M. charged me $360.00 to fix this issue along with a break in tune, his excuse was he knew what to do but didn't want me to lose any HP, like what 7-15 hp?....and shouldn't I be the one to make that decision?

I asked them for a $180.00 refund from an almost $8000.00 bill for me having to get the idle issue fixed some where else and he refused and then I was called an ******* by his Tech and an Extortionist? WTF? Because I wanted a refund for a service you didn't fix, how hard is that to understand..

I have so much more I could write, but I'm getting tired of writing. lol I'm just happy to be done with this whole situation.

I would highly recommend considering other companies if anyone is thinking about dealing with Sublime Speed Technology.

JT