Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

Originally Posted by 96_civic_EX

Last time i was in there i watched Stefan tell a guy with a 67 mustang who's exhaust was all ****ed up and he wanted it redone, that it would be cheaper for him to go get it done someplace else.
i think everyone turn down a cheap ***. who wants to do something the wrong way??? the cheap *** was trying to get it repair. and im pretty sure stefan was thinking $XXX amount of money to replace the whole thing, when dude only want to spend $XX amount of money to repair the problem ....

i dont think stefan is a straight up guy. he took a big shot @ DTR on a non fair dyno he did. using his 4-1 megaphone header vs dtr 4-2-1 header with a 2 bolt flange. posting up dyno sheets as if it was a fair dyno. anyone with car common sense know that a 4-1 not even with a megaphone will out preform a 4-2-1 header with a 2 bolt flanges anyday.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

ha, most shops i know would of attempted to fix the problem, and spent hrs doin so, then would of charged a **** load of money for the time it took em.

who said the guy was a cheap ***?? he was looking to get a custom exhaust done. Not many shops i know would turn away business of 400 bucks or so just to tell the customer the work can be done someplace else cheaper.

Maybe things are different down there in cali tho
Old 08-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ha, most shops i know would of attempted to fix the problem, and spent hrs doin so, then would of charged a **** load of money for the time it took em.

who said the guy was a cheap ***?? he was looking to get a custom exhaust done. Not many shops i know would turn away business of 400 bucks or so just to tell the customer the work can be done someplace else cheaper.

Maybe things are different down there in cali tho
redone... as in repair. unless your meant replace... that is not redone. there is nothing redone when its getting replace....
Old 08-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi!

Not true at all! Stefan from ASP will tell you straight up if you can get your work done some place else cheaper. He has helped me with some problems with my car more times than i can count on my hands without charging me a penny. he has also spend few sundays working with me on my car without any charge. he may not do that for everyone, but get to know him a little bit and he will treat you right.

Last time i was in there i watched Stefan tell a guy with a 67 mustang who's exhaust was all ****ed up and he wanted it redone, that it would be cheaper for him to go get it done someplace else.
Sounds like Stefan is a stand up guy.

I'll take back what I said, there are a few good people out there who will do an honest job and work with the customer.

My words cannot explain how dissapointed I was with Intec.

Lesson learned. They definitely will not be getting any of this cash money.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ruben19
alright. what type of dyno does fluid have? if you know
I swear it was a mustang dyno which was probably already answered. I went there a couple weeks ago with my buddy Jak whom has the yellow boosted s2 (which they couldn't tune correctly so he went with PSI in Oregon ), and that's what I thought I saw.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SpeedFactory
Old 08-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Got traction
SpeedFactory
Biased
Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Speedfactory
Old 08-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Fo-Do Fanatic
Biased
Old 08-10-2010, 05:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just went to speedfactory a week or so ago to get some info and prices
great service, they answered alot of my questions and also on AIM online.

on the way there tried to stop by fluidmotorsports but cound not find a parking spot it seems theres none. so i gave up on that after doing about 3 passes on the block lol

intec racing, i stop by there once in a while for few years when im in the area, never seen lawrence, hes always out and the guys there are not too friendly, same feeling as when you go to cartoys no talk unless you got cash to spend.
im gonna be taking my build down to speedfactory when im done(if im done lol)
Old 08-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi!

I hope Intec Racing goes out of business.

Will definitely take a look at speedfactory. Though, the douchebag who is on AIM is never available. What gives? Talk if you are logged on.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Numba1 K Series
I hope Intec Racing goes out of business.

Will definitely take a look at speedfactory. Though, the douchebag who is on AIM is never available. What gives? Talk if you are logged on.
There is 1 person who runs the paperwork side of the business along with all the phonecalls, shipping, walk in customers, parts ordering, etc. He is a very busy guy. If you IM him and he dosent respond right away, leave him your number and he will give you a call back.

People would be amazed if they knew how many phone calls SpeedFactory recieves each day.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Got traction
People would be amazed if they knew how many phone calls SpeedFactory recieves each day.
I'll vouch for that. Matt seems to take it like it's nothing to. Keeps cool, calm and collective. I remember when I was there the phone had to have at least 10 times in the matter of ten or fifteen minutes.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi!

Damn. Didn't know that lol.

Does speedfactory sell parts as well?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn. Didn't know that lol.

Does speedfactory sell parts as well?
Yes. SpeedFactory also has an online store.

http://www.speedfactoryracing.net/store
Old 08-11-2010, 08:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ye man most of the time he is there to answer questions

but if you think about how many people IM him every day i bet you would probably go crazy if you had to keep that many conversations in your head
Old 08-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by raverx3m
ye man most of the time he is there to answer questions

but if you think about how many people IM him every day i bet you would probably go crazy if you had to keep that many conversations in your head
It seriously takes a special kind of person to do his job. I could not do it.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi!

If I'm ready to fork out my cash money, I better get somebody who can answer me questions.

If he is 'too busy' to reply to my messages then I'll just go to the other competition (s).

This is my cash and the least they can do is take the time out of their day to assist potential customers who are willing to give them great business.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If I'm ready to fork out my cash money, I better get somebody who can answer me questions.

If he is 'too busy' to reply to my messages then I'll just go to the other competition (s).

This is my cash and the least they can do is take the time out of their day to assist potential customers who are willing to give them great business.
hit up stefan from ASP, he will answer all your questions, any time of the day, any day of the week.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have purchased stuff at Speedfactory and brought stuff to them. Great shop and great services.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any one of us here at Fluid Motorsports and the guys at Speedfactory (and ASP as well) will definitely take the time to answer any questions that you have. But you have to understand that our phones ring constantly, we may have people standing in front of us at the time, or we get sidetracked/distracted by the myriad of things going on around us. This doesn't mean that we are unwilling or unable to answer questions or help in any way we can, it just means that we get busy and we get distracted just like any one else on the planet.

Originally Posted by raverx3m
on the way there tried to stop by fluidmotorsports but cound not find a parking spot it seems theres none. so i gave up on that after doing about 3 passes on the block lol
Our parking is on the side and behind our building. There are 2-3 parking spaces on the street but you run the risk of getting sideswiped by one the buses.

As for our dyno, it is a Mustand MD250 2WD dyno. It is capable of measuring 1200WHP or 1200WTorque and loading down pretty much anything. The only thing that has come close to maxing it out was a Dodge diesel truck that I was playing with at just over 1000 torque.

As for Rich, he is no longer here at Fluid Motorsports full time. He is sick of the hour and a half drive and is looking forward to opening his own shop up north. He is still around on occasion using the dyno to tune his customers' cars. And if anybody is uncomfortable with me tuning their setup I can usually arrange to have him come down to do it (his schedule permitting).

I am not new to the Honda world in any way and I have been working on, building, fabricating, and tuning Hondas and Acuras for almost 15 years now. (I will admit to not being as comfortable as I would like with AEM and K-Pro but I am working on that as time permits.) I am always here to answer any questions and give any advice that is asked for.

Just my .02
Old 08-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi!

Originally Posted by FluidMotorsports
Any one of us here at Fluid Motorsports and the guys at Speedfactory (and ASP as well) will definitely take the time to answer any questions that you have. But you have to understand that our phones ring constantly, we may have people standing in front of us at the time, or we get sidetracked/distracted by the myriad of things going on around us. This doesn't mean that we are unwilling or unable to answer questions or help in any way we can, it just means that we get busy and we get distracted just like any one else on the planet.

Great answer.

I will definitely check your shop out.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm gonna set an appointment with Fluid tomorrow so i can get my car tuned next week
Old 08-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95 Integra gsr
i dont think stefan is a straight up guy. he took a big shot @ DTR on a non fair dyno he did. using his 4-1 megaphone header vs dtr 4-2-1 header with a 2 bolt flange. posting up dyno sheets as if it was a fair dyno. anyone with car common sense know that a 4-1 not even with a megaphone will out preform a 4-2-1 header with a 2 bolt flanges anyday.
exactly, anyone with car common sense knows that it isnt a fair comparison, and would also be smart enough to know he wasn't comparing them as if his were better.. he was just showing the difference a custom made header will have over a shelf header or a non custom header.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man I miss the glory days when PPI was around. I have hit up Intec a couple of times years ago. Had a couple good experiences and one bad one.

The good: I needed my friends turbo civic tuned they did a good job. Customer friendly. Second time around bought some Tokico struts from them once again friendly.

The Bad: The last time I went in there me and my friend rolled up in a Mini-Van looking to buy a racing seats for his RX-7. The guy up front chuckled at us when we where asking about racing seats. He pointed to the Mini-van and asked us if we were putting it in the van. Needless to say my friend didn't buy it from there.

Quick Reply: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8