Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:58 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

richtuned
speedfactory
intec racing
fluid motorsports?
velocity 8 (lynnwood)

any good shops north of seattle?

these are the only shops i know.
never had work done by any of them personally and from what i heard they are all pretty good at what they do.

can you guys add your experiences with these shops good and bad.

dont know any other shops that do that kind of work especially up north

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PLEASE INCLUDE MORE SHOPS IF YOU KNOW OF ANY<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

the thread is not limited to those included in teh title.

Last edited by raverx3m; 01-04-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

I worked at Intec for a short time a few years ago. Back then it was a great shop. I have heard it really went downhill though. Check out ASP a couple miles south of Intec. Stefan does great work and knows what he is doing for sure.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

Originally Posted by raverx3m
these are the only shops i know.
never had work done by any of them personally and from what i heard they are all pretty good at what they do.

can you guys add your experiences with these shops good and bad.

dont know any other shops that do that kind of work especially up north
i work for a speed shop when i lived in cali... im in the north end. let me know what kinda work you need done.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

drift office?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Speedfactory:

-SOME people have had bad experiences with them, those people were mostly enemies of their employees and they gave bad reviews purposely as some some or retaliation. I truly believe they have stepped it up only from my own experience and friends.
-Hands down the best shop for any single cam turbo set-ups.
-Owner is extremely nice and helpful. Last year went during their tuning "special" and he spent almost 4 hours with K-pro tuning it to get it right. Didn't rush us whatsoever.
-Ridiculous track record with their personal shop vehicles and many others.

Intec:
-Hear both good and bad.
-Went their a couple weeks ago during the dyno day, most of the people that were there for it were way to cool for anyone. Somehow buying an evo which is extremely attainable by simply walking to a dealership, makes people better than anyone else. The specific employee I spoke to was not helpful whatsover and didn't offer any help to a buddies questions.

Fluid Motorsports:
-I believe Rich from Rich Tuned works for them now. Excellent tuner, great reviews. Very helpful from what i've heard.

Others may have different opinions.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by iHEARTMYCiViC
drift office?
Bob rarely deals with Hondas i'm quite sure.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i had a bad experience with intecracing a few years back. never going there again
Old 07-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dealt with corey from fluid more than a few times in the last couple years. He's fair in his pricing, his work is legit, and he's easy to work with. never dealt with any other shop except for a shop on south tacoma way, which was a terrible experience. I would highly recommend Fluid to anyone.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not biased towards either shop, just want honest reviews no intershop war here please, or throwing dirt on eachother purposely.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I work right down the road from velocity8 on hwy 99 in lynnwood/edmonds area. from what I've heard their really good. the audio/tint shop right next to it told me they do good work.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Speedfactory - has treated all of my buddies that have gone there very respectably and always did them right. Whether they had a B/D/F/K series motor. Never backed out on them and always stuck to a deal that they made whether verbal or on paper. They tuned my buddies k-swapped EG for over 6 hours on K-Pro and he said they were trying and trying and trying to get everything perfect and said that they would stay late to get it right no matter the cause. Hell they still have my throttle cable there with my name on it just waiting to be picked up and paid in full for over 2 months! I need to go get that someday.

Intec - Lots of douchebags there. 2 bad experiences. I called about a year ago wanting to see if they'd build me a mini-me set up(before I knew of speedfactory) and they said single cam's are garbage and I should toss it in the trash and go b/k-series. I hung up after that. My brother took his turbo type-R there to get tuned on e-manage and Lawarnce(I believe the shop owner)did a SHITTY job tuning the car. It'd run pig rich after 6k, set the rev limiter to 8k when they rev to 8.5 stock. He did maybe 5 pulls to "tune" it. He made 223whp with a full 3in exhaust downpipe back on 10psi. It easily should've made 300+

Axiom - Kyle is a cool dude, givin me great prices in the past but I haven't ever dealt with them doing car work for me after I seen a tech using butt-splices on ECU wires. Scary ****.

Fluid - I've heard quite a few bad things about Cory, but yet have dealt with him first had. Rumor has it that Rich is no longer working for Fluid but I could be wrong as it's just a rumor and I don't know for sure. Rich has always tuned cars phenomenly(SP??) I remember when he worked for Tino at Custom Imports and back then he was still a well known good tuner.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Fo-Do Fanatic
He made 223whp with a full 3in exhaust downpipe back on 10psi. It easily should've made 300+
That's debatable. Intec really have been **** for about 3 years now. I wouldn't even trust Lawrance to change my oil.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so anyone knows where Rich is working now? i wanna get my car tuned by him soon.
let me know...
Old 08-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ruben19
so anyone knows where Rich is working now? i wanna get my car tuned by him soon.
let me know...
I can probably get ahold of him for ya Ruben.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

let me know...
Use Dave Lee...
Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Fo-Do Fanatic
I can probably get ahold of him for ya Ruben.
alright man. Pm me with the info.
thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Evs-One
Use Dave Lee...
Who is Dave Lee?
where is he from?
Old 08-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dave Lee is excellent. If i'm not mistaken he's the one from Bellingham but he moved down south i'm quite sure.

Ruben, Rich is working with Fluid still.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dapek
Dave Lee is excellent. If i'm not mistaken he's the one from Bellingham but he moved down south i'm quite sure.

Ruben, Rich is working with Fluid still.
alright. what type of dyno does fluid have? if you know
Old 08-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by smileycvc
I worked at Intec for a short time a few years ago. Back then it was a great shop. I have heard it really went downhill though. Check out ASP a couple miles south of Intec. Stefan does great work and knows what he is doing for sure.
What this guy said....

Stefan at ASP is legit.. does amazing work. I have been going to him for 3 yrs now, he built my K, made me a custom turbo kit, and tuned it. His work is 2nd to none and his customer service is awesome, he is probably the best guy in the business to deal with.... He also made jake n joel (speedfactories NA K24 hatch) their header.
http://www.advancedstreetperformance.com/

As for intec, yea they went down hill a while ago, they initially did the install on my kswap 3 yrs ago, but after that i went to ASP for my exhaust and been going there ever since. I have heard a lot of bad things about intec the last few years, have some friends that have bad expierences there with their k motors and tuning and stuff.

Speedfactory, i have heard good and bad. Their shop cars are all amazingly fast. They do good work, but i have also heard some bad, but idk if the bad things ive heard are true or not.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im gonna check ASP as well.
Thanks
Old 08-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright. what type of dyno does fluid have? if you know
MUSTANG DYNO
Old 08-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by prodragEG
MUSTANG DYNO
Yep, i talked to them already.
They have the $275 dyno tuning special.
Im gonna check ASP
Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Hi!

Wow... I'm glad I'm not the only one realizing that intec racing is GARBAGE.

The front desk person (brown hair, short, fat, drives an fc and a beater 240sx) thinks he is God-like. Showed no respect whatsoever. I went in to check out a few parts and apparently, they are too good for customers.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE the customer service at Intec. Do not go there.

I'm not rooting for any shop because quite frankly, shops are out to drain a sucker's cash money.

Do the work yourself, spend extra time getting to know your car, purchase a helm's manual, buy a crapload of tools, and start experimenting.

I'm surprised Intec is still in business...
Old 08-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Numba1 K Series
Wow... I'm glad I'm not the only one realizing that intec racing is GARBAGE.

The front desk person (brown hair, short, fat, drives an fc and a beater 240sx) thinks he is God-like. Showed no respect whatsoever. I went in to check out a few parts and apparently, they are too good for customers.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE the customer service at Intec. Do not go there.

I'm not rooting for any shop because quite frankly, shops are out to drain a sucker's cash money.

Do the work yourself, spend extra time getting to know your car, purchase a helm's manual, buy a crapload of tools, and start experimenting.

I'm surprised Intec is still in business...
Not true at all! Stefan from ASP will tell you straight up if you can get your work done some place else cheaper. He has helped me with some problems with my car more times than i can count on my hands without charging me a penny. he has also spend few sundays working with me on my car without any charge. he may not do that for everyone, but get to know him a little bit and he will treat you right.

Last time i was in there i watched Stefan tell a guy with a 67 mustang who's exhaust was all ****ed up and he wanted it redone, that it would be cheaper for him to go get it done someplace else.

Quick Reply: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8