Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

94 honda accord power antenna replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 honda accord power antenna replacement

Hye guys. i recently got my dads old 94 Honda accord ex and like the car so far for my daily driving. The only thing i hate about the car is the antenna. It is extremely loud each times it extends. t also makes the car look ugly imo. What i would like to do is get rid of the power antenna ll together and get a newer fixed antenna solution. I would like to make the body of the car look as "flush" as possible. So my question is, is it as simple as just unhooking the existing antenna and plugging in a windshield antenna of some sort? Also, if anyone has done this before could you give me suggestions on which antenna to get?

P.S. is there a way to just listen to the cassette deck without the antenna extending out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 honda accord power antenna replacement

I haven't done that before ,so i would suggest you to take the help of the owner's manual.There it will be given how to replace the antenna.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Trial User

hmm... i glanced over the owners manual before and i dont think Honda tells you how to replace the antenna with a "non-power" one. but i believe it does tell you how to replace the mast itself, which is what ill be doing in case nothing else works.thanks for the advice.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you check the FAQs? I think I've seen antenna replacement in there somewhere, maybe it will say how to install a fixed antenna.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After a few power antenna replacement (mine has a spoiler that if you lift too fast will bend the antenna), I bought a shorty flexible antenna from the auto parts store and swapped it out. Take the old one out first so that you know how long of a cord to buy.

Make sure and use the gaskets correctly, or the new antenna might leak water into the trunk.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by c_dioxide
did you check the FAQs? I think I've seen antenna replacement in there somewhere, maybe it will say how to install a fixed antenna.
just checked the FAQ section again and found a tutorial on fixing a broken antenna. but nothing about replacing it with a fixed antenna.

Originally Posted by jdadams12
After a few power antenna replacement (mine has a spoiler that if you lift too fast will bend the antenna), I bought a shorty flexible antenna from the auto parts store and swapped it out. Take the old one out first so that you know how long of a cord to buy.

Make sure and use the gaskets correctly, or the new antenna might leak water into the trunk.
hmm... thats an interesting thought but i was thinking of just leaving the power antenna collapsed in, and just unhooking it and just using one of these

thanks for the help guys.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Trial User

Just got rid of a 94 EX Accord Wagon. It was dark red with 246,000 miles. Tranny was starting to complain. So, we sold it. And found a 1996 EX wagon in dark green with 126,000 miles.

Anyways, I'd like to repair the antenna, but I'm having difficulty accessing the motor. I want to see in there and evaluate what needs to be replaced. The previous owner stuck a rigid mast on there that does not receive well. I'd like to get the original OEM motor and mast back in there.

1) is there a manual or something explaining how to disassemble those panels in the back? I'd rather not break anything.

2) Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket units for the Honda Wagon? Metra? My thought is, if I use the factory Honda unit, it'll plug right in and I won't have to hack up any wires.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you cannot mount a fixed antenna in the same location due to clearance issues when opening the trunk lid.

let me know what you find out about relocating a newer style one though as that is my next project
Old 04-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am trying to do the same thing. Sick of replacing masts, not to mention the motor on mine just took a dump. Also hate the noise of the thing. It's just a luxury I don't need, and something else to break, IMHO.
I would love to find a fixed replacement which is flexible (tough) and will mount to the curve of the wagon. Is there a universal alternative? THANK YOU!