Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 07-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
cd5ryan
Honda-Tech Member
1997 Honda Accord

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default bisimoto stage 2

ive been looking at this camshaft its a pretty good buy and i saw somewhere that some guy dyno his cd5 for a gain of 27 whp with the cam and cam gear my question is how long would it take to tear it down and build it back up just for the cam install ofcourse ive never dont nothing like this so it seems kinda impossible just wanna estimate of hours then i multiply by 70 haha thats what the conmen charge up here in murray ky 70 an hour
cd5ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
nus_dogg
Honda-Tech Member
1994 Honda Accord

Default Re: bisimoto stage 2

Are we talking about H22s here?

If its an H22 setup, you will need Bisi valvetrains to go with those cams or you'll have valve float and a tune is required to properly run those Stage 2 cams.

I ran the Bisi Level 2 VTEC cam with my F22B1 and I didn't have to upgrade my stock valvetrain. I love Bisimoto's product.
Originally Posted by toycar View Post
Breaking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.
nus_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
cd5ryan
Honda-Tech Member
1997 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nus_dogg View Post
Are we talking about H22s here?

If its an H22 setup, you will need Bisi valvetrains to go with those cams or you'll have valve float and a tune is required to properly run those Stage 2 cams.

I ran the Bisi Level 2 VTEC cam with my F22B1 and I didn't have to upgrade my stock valvetrain. I love Bisimoto's product.
did u feel a difference in the butt dyno i have a f22b1
its good to hear a good testimonial
cd5ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
nus_dogg
Honda-Tech Member
1994 Honda Accord

I never got it dyno to find the exact number but it was guesstimated around 140whp. I bought my Hondata S100 P28 Chipped ECU tuned for my setup from Gen5(TSM_Pikachu) in Norwalk, CA and all I did was plug N play. So I never stop at any local shop to get it dyno.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
0Sales@Bisimoto.com
Garage is empty, add now

Hey Ryan,

with the stage 2 you are looking at roughly a 15% power increase, we highly reccomend the use of our springs and retainers.

But look at it like this, if you are already pushing 200 hp, you potentially can make an additional 30 hp, keep this in mind though that this is an estimate it will depend greatly on what you have already and the condition of your engine. But overall we have seen very good gains.

Check out the links to our dyno charts for both the Vtec & non Vtec applications

Non Vtec
Vtec

Shoot me an email or a call at the shop, I'll get you sorted out!

-Randy

Last edited by Sales@Bisimoto.com; 07-02-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: added links
Sales@Bisimoto.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
hehu
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

i was thinking about getting one to. now i know that i dont have to change my stock valvetrain thats cool. but i like to know if i change it would it pull harder and would the v-tec kick in harder?
hehu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #7
GhostAccord
Honda-Tech Member
1996 Honda Accord

Send a message via MSN to GhostAccord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randull View Post
Hey Ryan,

with the stage 2 you are looking at roughly a 15% power increase, we highly reccomend the use of our springs and retainers.

Shoot me an email or a call at the shop, I'll get you sorted out!

-Randy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hehu View Post
i was thinking about getting one to. now i know that i dont have to change my stock valvetrain thats cool. but i like to know if i change it would it pull harder and would the v-tec kick in harder?
A representative of Bisimoto Engineering just posted that they highly recommend a valve train upgrade. That usually means that you should change your stock valve train. Check out the links to the dyno graphs if you want to see how hard it pulls or how mad the VTEC kicks in yo!
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #8
0Sales@Bisimoto.com
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehu View Post
You don't have to, its honestly your choice, but we recommend it for a specific reason. Because we test the camshaft with our products we know you wont have issues if you use our parts.

I do not doubt that there are people running stock valvetrains, but the I am sure as to how long they last with our level 2 camshaft. If your interested in picking up a cam I will see if I can work something out for the spring and retainer kit for ya!

Shoot me an email if you have any questions or concerns,
-Randy
Old 07-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
nus_dogg
Honda-Tech Member
1994 Honda Accord

When I had the B1, I ran my Bisi Level 2 VTEC cam with my stock valvetrain roughly about 6K+ and there's no problem whatsoever, so OP, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
0Janet@bisimoto
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
I love Bisimoto's product.

Thank's for the support. We really appreciate it.
Janet@bisimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
thehatchninja
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to thehatchninja

Quote:
When I had the B1, I ran my Bisi Level 2 VTEC cam with my stock valvetrain roughly about 6K+ and there's no problem whatsoever, so OP, I'm sure you'll be fine.
I don't know if I'd consider 6k miles enough to be satisfied with the reliability. Of course it will work, the question is one of longevity.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
nus_dogg
Honda-Tech Member
1994 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatchninja View Post
I don't know if I'd consider 6k miles enough to be satisfied with the reliability. Of course it will work, the question is one of longevity.
True, I think I ran it more than that but IMO, as long as you keep up with maintenance work with good oils, it should last plus how you drive too.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
0Sales@Bisimoto.com
Garage is empty, add now

Nus Dogg,

how is your cam treating you? Hope everything is running well with it! I agree that your driving style will have a great deal to do with how your valve train holds up. If you are driving hard on it obviously it will not last but then again why are you buying a level 2 to drive conservatively?

Just something to think about, but either way if you have any questions shoot me an email!

submit to reddit

Tags
95, accord, bis, bisi, bisimoto, cam, camshaft, ecu, f22b1, gain, level, power, stage, stock, train, upgrade, valve, vtec