Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

How long did your Honda Civic last before having major problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How long did your Honda Civic last before having major problems?

I got my civic with 75,000 miles on it and by the time it hit 100,000 I blew my water pump. Since that, she's ran like a beaut.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K5^
Honda's accounting department
ha, yeah brah - the bean counters are responsible for MUCH of what has happened to honda, generally speaking. i wish they'd take the calculators and pocket protectors to some place that actually needs help, like the US gov't. anyway...i digress.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you fcuked up selling that hatch...
Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Originally Posted by T3KNiQe
I think you fcuked up selling that hatch...
haha, well - i turned out pretty bad of that car, i'll admit.

but it was def time. the worst part about it was i got married the same month i sold my hatchback, so everyone thought it was my wife laying down some law or something. the timing was interesting. the truth was i finally had enough money to get a new car since all the rings and honeymoon were finally paid for, lol.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ stick to that mazda of yours.

^ hands at 10 and 2 cause back/shoulder issues due to the fact that your shoulder blades aren't down and relaxed <~~~ bad posture. Try 8 and 4 and save yourself the co-pays at my physical therapy office!

sorry about your sun visor lol.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good read -> http://www.************.com/forums/s...d.php?t=332984
especially entertaining post in that good read -> http://www.************.com/forums/s...1&postcount=30

prelude power.com
Old 08-22-2010, 07:42 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Originally Posted by night
good read -> http://www.************.com/forums/s...d.php?t=332984
especially entertaining post in that good read -> http://www.************.com/forums/s...1&postcount=30

prelude power.com
you should quote those so everyone who wants to read it doesn't have to join that forum. unable to be read without it.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my bad, did not know that..

Has Honda lost its touch and still riding the Coat Tails of the 90s Success?
Hey all, I was reading on another forum and found this VERY interresting as I agree 100% with the author and his views. I hope everyone takes a few mins to read this and writes their own views. Personally I am done with Honda till I need a family car because they make nothing for the single guy anymore that is any real fun. Anyhow on with the thread. Enjoy and feel free to comment.

It's unusual for Honda Motor Co. Ltd. to deviate from its rigid model-replacement schedule, particularly for its bread-and-butter volume models such as the Civic. But that's just what the company is doing with the planned Civic replacement, pushing back the car's introduction from this fall until sometime next year.

The next-generation Civic apparently was not on competitive target - and Honda sent it back to the garage for tinkering. Although some analysts and industry insiders think Honda's choice to rejigger the Civic is a positive signal, the fact the Civic has to go back to the drawing board at such a late stage speaks plenty about how far Honda has drifted from its once-indomitable methods.

Honda, which always used to be so good at having its finger on the pulse of the buying public, seemingly has exhausted its famed product-development mojo. Yes, the cars - including the now almost 5-year-old Civic - still sell. The company reversed losses from the global industry downturn and for the fiscal year that ended in March recorded a $2.9-billion profit, a 96-percent surge. Honda maintains a top-drawer quality reputation.

Yet analysts, industry watchers and even Honda loyalists continue to murmur the company is losing its legendary edge for forward-looking engineering and an uncanny ability to apply that engineering in a way that delights customers.

John Wolkonowicz, manager of special projects for the IHS Global Insight North American auto forecasting group, said the reputation Honda earned in the 1980s and 1990s has allowed the company to hover above recent reality in the eyes of the car-buying public.

"The Honda name is still the gold standard in the industry," Wolkonowicz told AutoObserver. "But the fact is, they really seem to have lost it."

Edmunds.com analyst Ivan Dury says Honda so far has averted a precipitous sales slide. Still, consumer shopping consideration for Honda has been down in the first quarter this year at a time when one would expect it to be up in light of rival Toyota's troubles. "Honda's situation has the ingredients for a potentially tragic sales slide. If Honda keeps piling on incentives and sales remain flat or slip, we'll have another story on our hands."

The company delayed the Civic because whatever it had planned for the past four years now isn't right. Understanding of the company's off-message product-development apparently has reached the top chair.

President Takanobu Ito seemed to confirm at last month's Beijing auto show that he's aware Honda has lost a step or three, suggesting the company's engineering and marketing may have become "complacent," and adding his displeasure over the company's loss of U.S. market share in the first quarter this year.

The Civic engineering team may have been scared straight by a rash of new-model miscues that have left its development acumen in question. For one, it had planned the now-delayed Civic to be larger, but many critics contend that's one of Honda's prime problems: the company has been subsituting size for innovation - the latest-generation Accord being the chief example.

More directly, another engorged Civic probably wouldn't compare favorably with the 40 miles-per-gallon highway fuel-economy numbers of new models entering the market, including Ford Motor Co.'s 2011 Fiesta and General Motors Co.'s 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. The best a conventionally powered current-generation Civic can manage is 36 mpg on the highway (the slow-selling Civic Hybrid whirrs out 45-mpg highway rating).

But the reasons Honda delayed the Civic run deeper than just proportions or fuel economy.

"The story here is the new products are not up to par," notes Edmunds.com's Drury. "The redesign of the Civic - one of Honda's three core products along with the Accord and CR-V -- could spell disaster if they get it wrong."

Drury notes Honda's trio of three core models make up more than two-thirds of the brand's sales volume.

"I think they looked at the competition the next-generation Civic will face and realized they weren't top of the heap on several fronts," said Wolkonowicz. He thinks almost all of Honda's recently launched models - including those of its Acura premium-car division - have not been up to the standards of the past, by either engineering or styling measures.

Nonetheless, the Civic delay represents "very positive news for Honda," Wolkonowicz said, adding that the company stopping the Civic program in its tracks seems to be a signal Honda is acknowledging its corporate drift.

"This is the most encouraging news of all," he continued, saying the delay of the Civic is an all-too-rare admission from Honda that the next Civic "isn't perfect, like they (perceive) everything they've done before. I don't think they would have done this five years ago."

But, he cautioned of the Civic delay: "I hope it's a more effective use of a year than Toyota got with the Corolla," when it delayed the U.S. launch of the current-generation Corolla from 2007 until 2008. Toyota said the delay was due to scarce engineering resources and to insure quality, but speculation proposed the launch was postponed to tweak bland styling and other competitive attributes.

Backsliding While Competition Is Gaining

Honda's top-of-the-heap standing for compact cars and midsize family sedans has been assailed on several fronts, most notably from the surging Hyundai/Kia conglomerate - but also from a revitalized Ford and General Motors Co.

But Honda's worst enemy recently seems to have been itself.

Wolkonowicz and other industry analysts point to many of the vehicles Honda and Acura currently have on the road as evidence of the company's foundering ways. Wolkonowicz said Honda's product-development backsliding has led to a "string of losers" after Honda spent years developing what many believed were cars with the best engineering-per-dollar value in the entire industry.

Another analyst said many recently launched Hondas are "sloppily designed, not very good to drive and even worse to look at."

All of those shots could apply to the Insight hybrid-electric vehicle, a car designed to 2010 Honda Insight vs 2010 Toyota Prius - 275.JPGshowcase Honda's technical ability - and prospectively go head-to-head with Toyota's dominating Prius hybrid. But the company's still licking its wounds from the dismal response to the year-old Insight, which came to market with dumpy styling, unexceptional fuel economy and a thorough cheapness in appointments and driving feel.

Customers seem to agree: the Insight found just 6,853 buyers in the first four months of this year, a sales pace that is a fraction of what Honda projected. "It's really not a very good car," IHS Global Insight's Wolkonowicz declared.

There is little reason to believe the Honda CR-Z hybrid coupe derived from the Insight, going on sale in the U.S. this fall, will be any better; European enthusiast-magazine reviews have been politely noncommittal but cannot completely avoid giving the impression the CR-Z, if at least more engagingly styled than the Insight, also is a dud to drive. Edmunds.com's Inside Line drove a Japan-specification CR-Z earlier this year and found it engaging at some level but concluded the car utlimately is not the warm-performance coupe Honda suggested it would be - nor does it live up to the role of sharp-handling CRX successor enthusiasts had projected for it.

Acura Struggles

The waning performance of the Acura upscale division is the topic of almost constant industry speculation, as Acura seems to further alienate its devoted buyers and produce few new ones, searching for a positioning strategy for its front-wheel-drive based luxury cars and crossovers. The brand abandoned its popular (and volume-selling) coupe, its flagship sells in the low hundreds of units monthly and critics insist each new generation of Acura is inferior to the model it replaces.

Edmunds.com's Drury points out that Acura is in the same situation as Honda, relying largely on a few vehicles for the bulk of its volume. The MDX, TL and TSX account for 87 percent of Acura sales. Sales of its other models - RL, ZDX and RDX - are "lukewarm."

Styling Miscues

Honda also has pulled the trigger on a string of stylistic dogs. The original Pilot crossover was bland but fit with the times, but the second-generation Pilot, launched in 2008, looked tired and passe before the first one was sold.

AutoObserver's comment at the time gives perspective to Honda's decision to delay the new Civic: "Launching the new Pilot exposes one of the Japan Inc.'s only flaws: reluctance to backtrack once a course has been set. Maybe after gauging the early reaction, if somebody with power had been able to say, 'This stinks, and we need to try again -- even if it means delaying our precious launch timetable,' the Pilot might have been redeemed."

The styling of the Accord Crosstour has endured near-universal disdain, the aging Ridgeline and Element have never been considered anything other than ugly ducklings and just about every vehicle in Acura's lineup is fanatically unattractive.

It's The Engineering, Stupid

But styling is subjective - and in the case of many esteemed brands, vehicles sell well despite weak or even off-putting styling.

Honda's real problem seems to come from the last place anyone - including those within the company - would expect: unconfident engineering.

For some time, Honda hasn't delivered much of the kind of innovation that once was baked into every new generation of vehicle it launched. Even the hardest of hardcore Honda fanboys admit it: from decisions like discarding double-wishbone front suspension for the Civic to wedging a V6 under the hood of the already too-fat new Acura TSX, Honda's answers of late seem to be little more than me-too solutions.

Honda was the first automaker to introduce a hybrid-electric electric vehicle in the U.S. - but quickly and gave away its leadership to Toyota. How? By sticking with the "mild" hybrid strategy of its Integrated Motor Assist technology, effectively backing the wrong engineering horse. Honda gambled the less-complex and less-expensive mild-hybrid approach - inserted into existing models - was the way to go with hybrids. With the Prius and its more-efficient full-hybrid engineering and a dedicated hybrid styling, Toyota blew past Honda and has never looked back.

And what of Honda's unparalleled reputation for engine advances? The company has assiduously avoided the direct-injection fueling that's fast becoming a standard for other makers. Honda backed away from a plan to make diesel engines one of Acura's technical calling cards.

While rival automakers are turning to high technology to generate more power from smaller engines - once a Honda forte - Honda's march has been to simply make its engines larger (insiders already are saying one change to come from the Civic's delay will be the move to a high-tech "downsized" engine). Other makers have bypassed Honda even in its area of perpetual engine leadership: advanced valvetrain designs.

Honda had long been able to claim being the U.S. market's fuel-economy leader. Hyundai stole away that badge last year.

The same week it acknowledged the plan to re-engineer the Civic, Honda also confirmed a second delay in the production timeline for its high-profile HondaJet corporate jet. HondaJet production now is scheduled for mid 2012, two years later than originally promised.

"It's not going to be so easy for Honda anymore," to maintain its engineering reputation, Wolkonowicz said. "Honda had a kind of superiority complex for many years. It became part of the internal culture. They need to do some soul-searching." - Bill Visnic, Senior Editor

post from forum user...
i've posted it before and i'll be happy to say it again and again.....

the Fast and Furious franchise killed honda, honda's accountants provided the coffin.

in 1990, honda had three cars. all three of them used the same basic suspension setups up front. at a time when every car under the rising sun used McPherson struts front and rear, honda used multi-component control arms. more expensive? sure. better than any other option? you bet.

in 1995, honda had five cars. the same three as before plus a 'van' built on the accord, and an SUV copped from Isuzu. why? cuz everyone told them that they had to have a mini-van and an SUV. everyone told them they had to have a v6 in the accord (camry and taurus had one) so they went and dusted off the legend's old v6 and crammed it into the car, creating a car that was heavier and slower than the 4cyl version. every car in the line was heavier (by alot) from it's 90 version. the delsol was a sumo wrestler compared to the crx, the 5th gen cx hatch made the 4th gen std seem peppy, even the 4th gen prelude had become a pig when compared to the 3rd gen. civics had lost their radius arms to cheaper boomerangs (and gained torque steer and axle hop in the process)....and they killed the Si.

in 2000, honda was up to eight cars. the accord-van was gone, replaced by an actual van. the isuzu-suv still existed, relatively unchanged. the prelude was in its death throes, ostensibly replaced with the s2000. the crv was little more than a tall awd integra, which was little more than a longer twin cam civic. the civic si came back from the dead for two years. the insight was a pathetic redux of the crx....and it was failing all over the place.

....then the F&F movies came along.

honda enthusiasts already existed. we all knew how solid the little 4th and 5th gens civics were. it didn't take much for us to realize that we could cram integra and prelude motors in those cars and make some serious little racers. the ricers followed behind us and from them came the Fast and Furious.

Suddenly, honda decided, little old ladies and single moms didn't want the same cars those morons street racing on the local cruise were using, so they decided to build a car that would kill its own aftermarket. that car was the 7th gen civic.

the 2001 civic brought back coil over McPherson struts.....last seen in 1982.
the 2001 civic used rear control arms that look like they were stolen from the 99 celica.
the 2001 civic introduced the dumbest rod/stroke ratio ever in a honda motor.
the 2001 civic somehow managed to be blander, inside and out, than the 2000 was.

in an interview from that time frame, a honda offical admitted that every change for the worse/boring in the 2001 civic was intentional. they were specifically attempting to prevent the civic platfrom from being at the top of the most-apt-to-be-modified and/or stolen list.

since that quote was made public, honda started backtracking. the offical line is now: "they did it to save money." McPherson struts are cheaper to make than upper control arms. two link rear ends are cheaper to make than trailing arm rear ends. fatter pig-like cars are cheaper to make than nimble shoeboxes.

since 2001........

the insight hatch died
civic hatches made a joke of a cameo and died again.
the van now needs its own zip code.
the accord sedan is bigger than some full size cars were 10 20 years ago.
the accord coupe is the prettiest/fastest/nicest car in the lineup (and hyundai's genesis coupe is prettier, faster, nicer, and RWD).
the civic sedan is bigger than the accord was 20 years ago.
the fit is anything but.
the ridgeline is a joke, the crosstour is an even bigger one.
the pilot is nice.....but it looks like something nissan built in 2004 or so.
you have to special order manual transmission cars, and the dealers look at you have you have an extra head when you do.

i've been a life-long honda guy. my dad bought the first prelude in tulsa waaaayyy back in 1979. my mom was on the waiting list for the 82 accord hatch. right this minute i've got two honda cars, two honda bikes, a honda truck, a honda scooter, and a honda lawnmower in my garage. at my shop i've got 3 preludes, 2 N600s, a 74 houndstooth civic 1200, and a 64 S600. my daily driver is an integra. a couple of summers ago, i had 24 hondas AT ONE TIME. if you had told me in 1989 that in 20 years, honda will have gone from 3 models to ten; from 3 cars to 4 cars, 3 suvs, a van, a truck, and whatever the **** that crosstour is supposed to be, i'd have thought you were crazy. if you had told me then that 20 years later i'd be able to walk out of my office door onto a honda lot and be able to count on both hands the number of cars scattered among the hundreds of units on the lot, i'd have probably popped you in the mouth.

in 1989 honda knew its customers. it knew who they were catering to, and they knew how to keep them happy. over the last 20 years, honda has listened to everyone EXCEPT their customers.....and they are paying the price for it.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good stuff man, but i'm covering my ears until any action is necessary.. (2008 w/ 69k)
Old 08-24-2010, 03:34 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Originally Posted by night
my bad, did not know that
thanks dude!

Originally Posted by jaepalm
good stuff man, but i'm covering my ears until any action is necessary.. (2008 w/ 69k)
; )
Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I cant decide if I should buy one or not , my main reason is right now I am driving b18c5 and tranny is shitty and I hate the clutch , both are brand new basically , not necessarily the tranny but it was supposedly "rebuilt" , I LOVE the DBW and the butteryness of the k series tranny..... Ide get about 6-7k for my ej8 with b18c5 and konis/Gc's and the si i want is 14 so Ide finance 7k.... is it really worth it?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:50 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Originally Posted by 8VEYBEYB
I cant decide if I should buy one or not , my main reason is right now I am driving b18c5 and tranny is shitty and I hate the clutch , both are brand new basically , not necessarily the tranny but it was supposedly "rebuilt" , I LOVE the DBW and the butteryness of the k series tranny..... Ide get about 6-7k for my ej8 with b18c5 and konis/Gc's and the si i want is 14 so Ide finance 7k.... is it really worth it?
you love the DBW? wow, haha. that is a first.

i agree on the trans. stock it's nice and with a comptech or similar short shift adapter the shifting is phenomenal. that is, if the trans isn't stricken with the dreaded faulty third gear set ; )

i don't have a problem with the driveline of the 8th gen si - the engine is a masterpiece. the trans is good when it's good. it is the rest of the car that i can't stand at this point.

whatever you do get, make sure it has warranty coverage IMO.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

06 Si in Pittsburgh (Heavy winter) 80k...no problems
Old 08-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just replaced the brake pads after 70k. BFD, i love this friggin car.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Trial User

how did you get them to fix it
Old 01-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Trial User

2009 NorCally 102,000.
What's are we looking at gang? Plugs, Timing and or Serpentine belts?
To date no major items, battery last week, oil changes, new rotors and pads today, brakes like factory fresh now, tires,
The paint job on the hood has a warranty extension, I guess dealer will repaint.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My 2006 Civic sedan was just out of warranty at about 65k when a bolt sheared off. Since my serial # was not listed as part of the recall, they refused to pay for it! Next, my tires were making an awful racket (about 6 mos later) and I was told this was a known problem with rear stabilizer (?) which made the tires wear unevenly. After replacing the faulty part I had to wait until I had enough money to replace the ruined tires so when the settlement paperwork came round last year they AGAIN refused to pay because my tires were "too worn". Huh? I thought they where just refusing to pay for the tires, but evidently they were refusing to pay for any of it. Honda sucks. I'm going to buy another Subaru and will never buy another Honda.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 2008 4 Door Si, just bought it recntly as a trade in on a brand new Vovlo S60R, crazy, car had 48K when I bought her in december, because of my job and not having a daily driver as usual I am up to 54K already. As i am a second owner the problems I have experienced ae 3rd gear clunk/grinding, which I have found that as long as I go above 4K on the rev limiter it never happens, in this car I have trouble not going over 4K anyways.
My paint looks like poop and I thought it was from the accident it was in, but the door th shop painted loos 10 times better than the rest of the car, sad.
I have rattles, most of which have been taken care of with some double sided sticky tape and peices of paper folded over themselves enough times to stick in certain areas. Did ths same thig on my GM made 04 Saab 9-3 aero, works everytime. I will try to post all the spots I stuck them in when I tear her down one day and clean her.
My key is the biggest Issue I have had and I blame it on prior owner so that does not count.
I hear a squeak/clunk occasionally sounds like issue with front strut/strut mount, have to get it into dealer to check out hopefully under warranty.
I just started getting the click in the clutch pedal and did the quick fix over greasing it, the dealer stated they will not cover under the warranty I got with car.
Other than that it has been a good car, i drive over 100 miles a day typically, sometimes to redline, a rev match every downshift, even when slowing down, ad clutch works fine. I will say the stock rotors have been cut and new cheap autozone pads were put on by some guy, these have to go like now, after only 1 autocross style day of driving and the runoff on my rotors is off the scales lol. Stock tires always go on day one for 2 different sets, general altimax artic non studded winters in 215/45R17 and Bridgestone Potenza RE760 summer tires (suck in rain by the way) 225/45R17.
Like everyone has posted its a Honda, stupid stuff happens. I had a 2000 CRV with over 200K on it that never had more than regular service done to it, had a 99 DX, 99 EX, and 2000 SI thorughout the early 90s that nothing everwent wrong with.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My 08 now has 203,000 miles.

Cars been eating rear tires since new. Obviously rear control arm length issue. Honda no help.

At 154,000 miles, cracked engine block. Honda made good with new short block, no cost to me including tow.

At 198,000 miles front wheel bearing needed replacement. I replaced both fronts with Timkems.

Since car has been running strong I decided to put some money into it:
1) 16" new alloy take offs with tires
2) Front struts
3) Front rotors and pads
4) Rear shocks
5) Rear shoes

Car now seems solid. If I notice rear tire wear when I rotate tires after 10,000 miles, I'm going to do rear control arms and have it aligned.

Basically I'm happy with car except for rear control arm issue that Honda won't help with.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:48 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My 2013 Civic Si had rocker arm failure at ~5,500 miles. Honda tried telling me it didn't bend a valve but ever since I got it back it sometimes idles pretty rough. It has had the common VTC rattle on start up but the dealer says they can't recreate the issue and that there is not TSB on it either. So $75 charge for me every time I bring it in. YaY. Last Honda I ever buy without a doubt, and I only have about 10k miles on it so that when I am done saving for another new car I can pawn this one of FAST with "low milage".

Anyone want to buy an almost new car? Hahaha...
Old 06-28-2014, 04:19 AM
hpw
Trial User

first post
bought a used 06 with just under 36000 miles, with in a couple months and of course over the 36000 miles, the rack and pinion went out. Out of pocket was around 1200.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Owned a Ep3 Si for over 138,000 miles and only real issue it had was a wheel bearing failure on passenger side at 80k. Also both my side mirrors glass fell off. Just sold it a few weeks ago and bought a 2014 TW Si.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:17 AM
Trial User

07 Civic LX at 168,000 miles. So far has replaced disk brakes at 90K, rear brakes at 150K, starter at 150K and A/C relay at 168K. My civic was wearing out batteries every 2 years until I figured out that the starter was drawing way too many amps and replaced it. Also noted that it is very important to rotate tires. If I don't my civic will wear them out in 30K miles instead of every 60K.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2008 Civic LXi bought used in 68,000 Km, and now it is 149,000 Km in 4 years. Country is Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, in summer it is really hot, many times it reaches 50 celsius - 60 celsius
No major issues

After 100,000 Km my car ignition thing died, so I replaced it.
That's the biggest mechanical issue that happened
Also, changing battery each 1 - 2 years.

Other problems, but they were because of an accident so no need to mention them

As in interior,
- the metal piece that you push to move the seat front and back was broken in the front left seat.
- The cup holders one of them is not functioning 100%, it doesn't open as fast as before.
- The box between the front two seats it's plastic piece that close it is half broken.
- The left plastic sun protector " The thing that block the sun " it's plastic piece to the hanger is broken.
- One of the Air conditioner openings was broken without any force to it. I moved it, and it broke by itself!!!

So, as in major mechanical problems, there is non.

As in interior, it is really not high quality.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bought my 08 back in 2012 with ~68000 miles on it, now its 2014 and i have almost 82k and nothing major has happened other than needing a few oil changes and new tires.

I guess the previous owners took very good care of it.

Quick Reply: How long did your Honda Civic last before having major problems?