Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

tein h-tech springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tein h-tech springs

i dont understand the drop...1.7" in the front and .9" in the rear? That doesnt make sense to me, its supposed to be a mild drop with a luxury ride. 1.7" in the front will take alot out of the strut travel will it not? Its a toss up between these and the eibach prokit which is 1.3" all around if i understand correctly.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: tein h-tech springs

i would get the pro kit..i have owned a few different sets of those, and i have installed them on HELLA peoples cars.. they are so nice for daily driving, and they drop the car ever so nice, without doing it too much to where your struts kill die.. lol.. unless you hit a hard bump or something..

thats just my experience, but pretty much everyone loves those.. I have used tein, and they are dope, but i never liked them on a honda for some reason.. again, just my experience..
Old 12-29-2009, 04:34 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

if you don't understand them maybe you should stick with stock. H-techs are a mild drop and do lower the front more than the rear. you wouldn't use OEM shocks with these springs. Eibach prokit is a waste of money and you will not be satisfied with the results.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden
if you don't understand them maybe you should stick with stock. H-techs are a mild drop and do lower the front more than the rear. you wouldn't use OEM shocks with these springs. Eibach prokit is a waste of money and you will not be satisfied with the results.
infinite wisdom as always brice, i also love your detailed explanation as to why h-techs arent for OEM shocks, and why eibach prokit springs are a waste of money.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

apparently you have VERy limited experience with the ProKit.. I have installed them on at least 10 peoples cars.. everything from a civic, to a type-r, mazdaspeed 6, AWD turbo eagle talon, and more.. and EVERY SINGLE TIME, on STOCK struts (except a few), made the ride smooth, yet stiffer than stock and more responsive, and lowered the car noticeably...

please explain WHY you are saying they are a waste of money, because i have seen, installed, used, and felt them, and they are the ****..

Last edited by DJYoshaBYD; 12-29-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DJYoshaBYD
apparently you have VERy limited experience with the ProKit.. I have installed them on at least 10 peoples cars.. everything from a civic, to a type-r, mazdaspeed 6, AWD turbo eagle talon, and more.. and EVERY SINGLE TIME, on STOCK struts (except a few), made the ride smooth, yet stiffer than stock and more responsive, and lowered the car noticeably...

please explain WHY you are saying they are a waste of money, because i have seen, installed, used, and felt them, and they are the ****..
re-read the thread again, i didnt say that, brice said that, i was actually planning on getting the ebiach pros
Old 12-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh ****.. hahaha.. sorry.. wrong quote.. correcting

sorry
Old 12-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DJYoshaBYD
oh ****.. hahaha.. sorry.. wrong quote.. correcting

sorry
no problem, do you know what the spring rate is on the eibach prokit?
Old 12-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good question..i have no clue.. lol.. google it up.. haha
Old 12-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first, springs should be looked at by rate. nothing else. the h tech is MARKETED as a "luxury spring" however, for the integra they are type r rates aprox 20% stiffer. the height is also similar to a stock ITR only a slight bit lower. the higher rear actually helps the handling of the car by dialing out understeer and allowing a sub in the back without sag.

the h tech for the integra is one of my fav lowering springs. the "for integra" part is really important here since the rates and drop aren't nearly as good on other makes and models. the civic h techs for example are way too soft.

this is an old shot of my car when it had 17s and h techs so you can get an idea of the drop
Old 12-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet ride
Old 12-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by idrivesideways
first, springs should be looked at by rate. nothing else. the h tech is MARKETED as a "luxury spring" however, for the integra they are type r rates aprox 20% stiffer. the height is also similar to a stock ITR only a slight bit lower. the higher rear actually helps the handling of the car by dialing out understeer and allowing a sub in the back without sag.

the h tech for the integra is one of my fav lowering springs. the "for integra" part is really important here since the rates and drop aren't nearly as good on other makes and models. the civic h techs for example are way too soft.

this is an old shot of my car when it had 17s and h techs so you can get an idea of the drop
well the springs should be suited better for a DD, not an autox car, so if the springs are stiffer, i cant see that HELPING the ride im looking for.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Used Eibach Pro's before I went onto a more hard core, and fully adjustable set up..

They are FAR from shitty. FAR from a waste of money. When I had them, my DA felt more responsive and sharp then my CL-S (Which is fitted with summer tires, in the CL-S's defense this is a DA with an full suspension upgrade Upper and Lower CA's, Sway's, ect).

Either way, the suspension is only part of the equation of getting a Sporty, but not overly sporty ride (stiff), it'll come down to the tires ultimately. Type, Profile, ect,.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's my old 95 LS with Prokits and stock shocks. The ride wasn't bad at all. Stiffened it up nicely for a daily driver (I also had ITR rear sway bar). The ONLY thing was, the front just SEEMED to be higher than the back. This was, because the front wheel well is bigger than the rear, giving it that illusion. Still bothered me a little. I might have gone with Sportlines had I known that. The drop was about an inch all around and I believe the spring rate was 250?

Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the prokit is barely stiffer than stock, just lower. the sportlines are the good ones from eibach. BUT you really should have at least a koni str.t if not the sport controlling them. the pro kit and stiffer h techs are stock shock compatible
Old 08-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just installed H-tech springs on my friends integra and they lower it very nicely! (like the picture above) little lower and a little stiffer than stock. He still has the stock shocks, but the car handles very well and is still a very comfortable ride.