Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

ARC Intake Vs. Cold Air Intake

Old 01-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARC Intake Vs. Cold Air Intake

Which one performs better?

I don't care for looks, just talking about performance, thanks in advance everyone!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ARC Intake Vs. Cold Air Intake (s2k_3.11)

I know for a fact that the ARC intake is one of the best out there but also are very $$$$$$! I would go with the ARC.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ARC Intake Vs. Cold Air Intake (DaveSi677)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveSi677 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know for a fact that the ARC intake is one of the best out there but also are very $$$$$$! I would go with the ARC.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have a dyno proof or anything?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:19 PM

cold air intake for performance

there are a lot of different opinions on this matter, but the ARC still suffers from heatsoak (although ARC owners have had different experiences with that as well)

CAIs have been dyno proven countless of times for the rsx-s
Old 01-29-2007, 04:58 AM

The ARC is rice. A CAI outperforms the ARC every day of the week. If someone recommends the ARC, they're a moron.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jimmyjames)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jimmyjames &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The ARC is rice. A CAI outperforms the ARC every day of the week. If someone recommends the ARC, they're a moron.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol... I have an ARC so I guess I'm a moron.

There are different reasons on why one might choose a short ram or ARC over a CAI. An ARC will give better torque and more power over a SRI. It doesn't get as heatsoaked as a lot would think. Mine stays relatively cool to the touch. Also, when the bridge by me floods and I have to drive through it to get home I'm not going to have to worry about hydrolocking my motor like the person with the CAI (obviously if you are a smart driver you wouldn't even attemp it with a CAI but a lot of people do and have over the years) . Not to mention it is one of the meanest sounding intakes on the market.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdm5lughatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm5lughatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol... I have an ARC so I guess I'm a moron.

There are different reasons on why one might choose a short ram or ARC over a CAI. An ARC will give better torque and more power over a SRI. It doesn't get as heatsoaked as a lot would think. Mine stays relatively cool to the touch. Also, when the bridge by me floods and I have to drive through it to get home I'm not going to have to worry about hydrolocking my motor like the person with the CAI (obviously if you are a smart driver you wouldn't even attemp it with a CAI but a lot of people do and have over the years) . Not to mention it is one of the meanest sounding intakes on the market.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As for looks/sounds/avoiding hydrolock, it's ARC hands down.

But performance wise, that was my question, which is better?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (s2k_3.11)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by s2k_3.11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

As for looks/sounds/avoiding hydrolock, it's ARC hands down.

But performance wise, that was my question, which is better?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Personally I don't know the difference in Hp/Tq between a CAI and ARC. Nobody has ever dyno'd both of them on the same car/same day/same temp so that you can get an accurate comparison. I have always been a fan of ARC products and it offered a lot of benefits in my eyes over a CAI/SRI.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm5lughatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Personally I don't know the difference in Hp/Tq between a CAI and ARC. Nobody has ever dyno'd both of them on the same car/same day/same temp so that you can get an accurate comparison. I have always been a fan of ARC products and it offered a lot of benefits in my eyes over a CAI/SRI.</TD></TR></TABLE>Wish someone would theres been dynos proving it makes power but none back to back...comparable to a CAI actually...same with the Mugen box makes power but haters will hate what can u do except keep on keepin on
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Personally I don't know the difference in Hp/Tq between a CAI and ARC. Nobody has ever dyno'd both of them on the same car/same day/same temp so that you can get an accurate comparison. I have always been a fan of ARC products and it offered a lot of benefits in my eyes over a CAI/SRI.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where and how much did the ARC Intake cost? Do you have the suction pipe as well or just the box?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (s2k_3.11)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by s2k_3.11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Where and how much did the ARC Intake cost? Do you have the suction pipe as well or just the box?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.wotm.com Yes I have the suction pipe as well. Around $685 shipped I believe for both.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:41 PM

685 for a ****** intake....lmfao man it must be nice to have more money than sense.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VBPType-S)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VBPType-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">685 for a ****** intake....lmfao man it must be nice to have more money than sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Must be nice to have ur own opinion just like its his $ to do with what he wants
Old 01-29-2007, 02:53 PM

lol...

Well, in my case, I had money just sitting around (still not accustomed to the tax refunds I get while having a mortgage), and I sprung for a Mugen box and a Fujitsubo catback.

Yeah, it was a bundle, but I feel that, together, they're the best parts to have ready for a swap. And, I'm not looking at my engine bay thinking, "Man, it would be nice if I could get that Mugen box..."

Besides, I'm taking advantage of the fact that I'm still single. No wife or girlfriend would let me spend money on the car like that.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BarracksSi)

I may try and somehow do a comparision when i get my swap finished swap see if i can borrow a CAI from someone...compare the Moogen to a CAI...the *** dyno says the Moogen has way more power across the RPM range better Net HP where the CAI probably has more peak
Old 01-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VBPType-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">685 for a ****** intake....lmfao man it must be nice to have more money than sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol... seems we have a hater or a noob that is just jealous.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 PM

jealous of what? id get an ARC box in a minute if i had more money than sense as what i stated above.....and please dont say "noob"....that **** is so ****** stupid. I guess i just dont see the reason in paying 700 dollars for an intake. thats what between 50 and 100 bucks for 1 horsepower. lol... but yeah ARC is pimp tho.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VBPType-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jealous of what? id get an ARC box in a minute if i had more money than sense as what i stated above.....and please dont say "noob"....that **** is so ****** stupid. I guess i just dont see the reason in paying 700 dollars for an intake. thats what between 50 and 100 bucks for 1 horsepower. lol... but yeah ARC is pimp tho. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: (JdMK20Ahatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdMK20Ahatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I may try and somehow do a comparision when i get my swap finished swap see if i can borrow a CAI from someone...compare the Moogen to a CAI...the *** dyno says the Moogen has way more power across the RPM range better Net HP where the CAI probably has more peak </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, definitely -- even the V2 I have in the garage is good up top. But it doesn't respond as nicely as the stock airbox (but the Mugen does), and any CAI would have more hydrolock risk and hassle with filter changes. Plus, the Mugen scoop (or any custom-fabbed scoop for cheap) gets its air from outside the engine compartment, helping to keep temperatures down even more.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:25 PM

youll get the best dyno numbers from a cold-air but depending what you use your car for (daily driving, autox, 1/4mile) an airbox may be a better option
Old 01-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TunerTalk)

you don't really need to get the suction pipe on the arc intake, it performs fine without it. when you cut that cost out of the picture, you're comparing a $450 dollar intake (arc) vs. ~$250 intake for an aem or injen. i personally would rather spend the extra money on the arc and not have to worry about hydro lock.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bryce-o)

theres always the samco version
Old 01-30-2007, 04:54 PM

cold air is so much better, but when you go boost that **** dont matter neways
Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol. I can't believe there are even intakes available in the $400 dollar and up range. Go with a generic CAI, or SRI. Hell an AEM SRI will do. It's not going to make a noticeable difference on the butt dyno.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

aem cold air intake. period.

in a sport compact magazine a long *** time ago they did a dyno test with short intakes and cold air. the aem cold intake whooped everybody's ***.

685 damn that's alot for an intake.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ARC Intake Vs. Cold Air Intake