Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

Closed Thread

submit to reddit

Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Tyrant_007
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (1)
Default Idle Adjust Screw question (slow idle problem)

Question: Should the idle adjust screw stop adjusting the idle at some point? From the point when it is screwed in all the way (closed), if I unscrew it more than a couple turns, it doesn't seem to increase the air going into the TB.

From most of the search results that I've come across, people have issues with irratic or high idle problems. They simply tighten down the idle adjust screw, and it lowers the idle by letting less air in at idle. I have the opposite problem. I need to increase the idle air. The tach needle sits on the peg which is about 400rpms. It runs and drives fine, but shakes a little more than it should due to the low idle. From the sound of things I have heard the engine pick up a little bit and the intake is a little louder so I know it helped a bit, but once I loosen the screw so far it doesn't change. Do I possibly have to clean something out? I haven't unscrewed the idle adjust screw out all the way. Is it possible there is some gunk that needs to be cleaned off of it or where it screws into? This is only after the car is completely warmed up to operating temps obviously. Its cold start idle is just fine (<2k).
2001 Integra Type-R NBP #201

Integra Type R Registry - Add your caR
Old 04-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
tonyhatchetman
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Idle Adjust Screw question (slow idle problem)

clean the iacv and re adjust the screw ,......and see what happens,.....let us know..........n good luck
Old 03-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
waterislife
Trial User
Garage is empty, add now

Had any luck with your slow idle problem? I have the exact same problem with my 1995 Si. Idles fine cold, runs fine while driving, but warm idle is low - but not erratic like so many others have experienced.

I've already cleaned out, and even replaced the IAC valve, but no real difference.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
RonJ@HT
Raising the bar
2000 Honda Civic
My Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterislife View Post
Had any luck with your slow idle problem? I have the exact same problem with my 1995 Si. Idles fine cold, runs fine while driving, but warm idle is low - but not erratic like so many others have experienced.

I've already cleaned out, and even replaced the IAC valve, but no real difference.
You'll get better help by creating your own thread rather than bumping this old one.

submit to reddit
Closed Thread

Tags
2005, accord, adjust, adjustment, air, crv, honda, hondatech, idle, idles, increase, integra, ruckus, screw, slow, stopped