Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Suspension & Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 04-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
forcdincivic
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Blackworks Racing (bwrusa.com)

Well....first of all, this companies customer service is awful. I ordered some LCA's from them, and payed a lot extra for OVERNIGHT shipping, so I would have them today. The company then did not send me a tracking number like they said, so I called. They told me I would have my part on April 22nd...thats not overnight right? Well I then told him I specifically paid for overnight shipping because my car is down and undrivable and needed the part by this evening. He told me that his warehouse guys screwed up and theres nothing he can do...so I suggested that he overnight me one now, because it wasnt my fault and I need the part and deliberately paid extra and he told me no, its not possible because he already sent one. But again, it wasnt my mistake that caused this issue, it was poor working in the warehouse. They were extremely rude on the phone and proceeded to interrupt every chance they got. I could have ordered these from any other company, but went straight to the actual makers....you would think they would have taken the opportunity to make sure customers are happy. What happened to the customer is always right? Well, in this case, it wasnt my mistake and I need my part, now my car is down for another week...not happy. I told them they would be getting quite the review, and as of yesterday my review would have been completely opposite of this, but not anymore. I am frustrated and sad to say this company has lost my business forever. Good luck to anyone dealing with them in the future.
forcdincivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
phunhaus
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Blackworks Racing (bwrusa.com)

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2680526
phunhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
98civdx
Master Detailer
Garage is empty, add now

Um yea, that company is horrible. Call the BBB in your area.

Did they at least refund the money from overnight shipping?
98civdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
proclass
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

who was the sales rep you spoke to?
proclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Runnerdown
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Runnerdown

Don't expect anything great from these bargain basement lowball places. Look at their website, its the same taiwan parts list that 10 billion other fly by night companies sell. Cheesy coilovers, lower control arms, garbage turbos etc...

You get what you pay for.
Runnerdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:29 AM   #6
forcdincivic
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Little update....just heard from blackworks today out of the blue...the guy was extremely nice...the guy who I originally talked to was in fact not a higher up at the company at which he stated and has since then been fired...Chris at blackworks is the HR rep and a higher in command under the owner, he was a great guy and they are sending me free t shirts, stickers, and refunded ALL the shipping costs.
forcdincivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #7
roadster144
Trial User
Garage is empty, add now

Icon2 Re: Blackworks Racing (bwrusa.com)

i was about to buy some stuff from blackworks - lug nuts etc. I hadnt heard of em - me bein' from australia and all so I googled and ended up on your forum. I'm not a honda bloke - currently have miatas and a porsche, but a thousand years ago I had a brand new 89 CRX so i guess that qualifies me to be here. Hi all!

read some dismal things about blackworks racing on your forums - some about their customer service - including that epic 9 page one with the all caps outburst from 'bwrtechsupport' flaming on about everything.

i see this on the interwebs about blackworks - wonder if tis true?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/blackw...der-jim-974094
roadster144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #8
90_EX_Civic
Honda-Tech Member
1991 Honda Civic
My Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster144 View Post
i was about to buy some stuff from blackworks - lug nuts etc. I hadnt heard of em - me bein' from australia and all so I googled and ended up on your forum. I'm not a honda bloke - currently have miatas and a porsche, but a thousand years ago I had a brand new 89 CRX so i guess that qualifies me to be here. Hi all!

read some dismal things about blackworks racing on your forums - some about their customer service - including that epic 9 page one with the all caps outburst from 'bwrtechsupport' flaming on about everything.

yea, that's old news, and was true from what i heard. stay away from from blackworks, blox, or any of the other Chinese made products.
90_EX_Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
BWRSUPPORT
H-T Basic Sponsor
Garage is empty, add now

http://www.facebook.com/bwrusa bwrusa
Send a message via AIM to BWRSUPPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster144 View Post

I will be the first one to say that report doesn't look good for us. That issue was settled a lonnnng time ago though. We've made some personnel changes and have grown from that experience. We could pay to have it taken down but truth be told, it hasn't affected business at all.

We will be posting pictures of our shop and offices in Phoenix, AZ where our products are designed and manufactured. Only between 10-20% of our products we offer are manufactured overseas, everything else is made right here in the USA.

So with that said, lets have a great weekend everyone.
Click the image to open in full size.
Photo from Honda Days Aug 2013
Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
2LEM1
I like to party.
1995 Honda Civic
My Garage

iTrader Rating: (1)
2lem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWRSUPPORT View Post
We will be posting pictures of our shop and offices in Phoenix, AZ where our products are designed...

You can pee on us, but don't tell us it's raining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden View Post
I'd rather ride Blackpin to work than drive a sentra.
2LEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #11
grumblemarc
The Grumpiest
1996 Honda Civic

iTrader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to grumblemarc Send a message via Yahoo to grumblemarc Send a message via Skype™ to grumblemarc

Quote:
Only between 10-20% of our products we offer are manufactured overseas, everything else is made right here in the USA.
Those being anything with moving parts, like coilovers with no shock dynos. As for the other 90%, it's not that hard to copy what's already out there, tweak it so you can say you "designed it" and program a machines to produce it.
I wish more parents would beat their children, then maybe most of them wouldn't be total spoiled, self absorbed *********.
grumblemarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
doood
been there done that
2005 Acura RSX

iTrader Rating: (1)

given the majority of bwr parts (tow hooks, tie bars, general appearance parts, etc.) it's not hard to have that stuff made in house on a cnc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213374U View Post
We can be gay together bro
doood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #13
Lord Helmet
Honda-Tech Member
2013 Toyota Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumblemarc View Post
Those being anything with moving parts, like coilovers with no shock dynos. As for the other 90%, it's not that hard to copy what's already out there, tweak it so you can say you "designed it" and program a machines to produce it.

Yup nicely put
Old 08-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #14
STOCK_SOHC_DX
Honda-Tech Member
1990 Mazda Miata
My Garage

Quote:
I will be the first one to say that report doesn't look good for us. That issue was settled a lonnnng time ago though. We've made some personnel changes and have grown from that experience. We could pay to have it taken down but truth be told, it hasn't affected business at all.

We will be posting pictures of our shop and offices in Phoenix, AZ where our products are designed and manufactured. Only between 10-20% of our products we offer are manufactured overseas, everything else is made right here in the USA.

So with that said, lets have a great weekend everyone.
Click the image to open in full size.
Photo from Honda Days Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumblemarc View Post
So we are gonna get those shock dynos now?
STOCK_SOHC_DX is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
blackworks, bureau, business, bwrusa, bwrusacom, crx, florida, honda, lca, powered, racing, review, tech, tsx, vbulletin