Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Lord of the idiots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

i so want some door pulls
Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdmd
looks great, i love those style wheels also. those fronts are super wide, will you be looking into front over fenders at all, or just keeping them as is?
The fronts are only 5mm lower offset than my RPF1's (only because that was a standard size offered) That one photo makes them look beefier than they are in person...

But to answer your question Im planning on building custom wide fenders for the car down the road maybe next year or something. They fit under the pulled oem fenders so there is no rush but its definitely something Ive been cooking up!

I finally have some time to upload a few photos of the car and some other stuff....

I also got the pan refinished after I got it back from the machine shop. Although Trac Tuff suggests simply installing their timing chain baffle on an unmodified pan and filling the gaps with RTV, I opted to have the pan machined for proper fitment...

Bead blasted with a coat of Cast Aluminum and the Cockwise Motion sump baffle installed

I spent a whole day last weekend organizing the basement. I picked up two new shelves to keep parts on as well as our company inventory...

That's all for now, more to come!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice basement
Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What calipers are those?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Refinished StopTech I believe.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ yup
Old 04-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^Thanks doods
Old 04-19-2013, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Planning a buttload of work this weekend if all my parts show up today... I decided after spending all the money and time installing the rear sphericals that Im going back to bushings. The noisiness of the sphericals is just straying too far away from what I want this car to be and the advantages dont outweigh the negatives for me. I CANT STAND rattles and clunks so back to work!

Im going to swap out my rear uprights with sphericals installed for the set of powdercoated uprights from the race car and install the energy suspension/oem bushings in them. Also waiting on ARP studs and new front wheel bearings since I only have 3 turns on my front lugs between the backspacers for the brakes and the thick hubs on the wheels.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the update. I was contemplating buying a similar spherical bearing kit from Pegasus. Do you have spherical bearings in the front LCA? Did you experience the same noise up front as in the rear?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BlackNDecker
Thanks for the update. I was contemplating buying a similar spherical bearing kit from Pegasus. Do you have spherical bearings in the front LCA? Did you experience the same noise up front as in the rear?
I don't have the front sphericals. I was planning on getting them but I think now I will just use Mugen hard rubber. My front top hats make a tiny bit of noise under certain conditions but its tolerable and kind of necessary. The rear however is just plain annoying and rubber bushings will get the job done
Old 04-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by *K20_FA5*
rims look soooo awesome! been curoious about how those will look. you made my choice that much easier. how heavy are they compared to the rpf1s? and what size did you get? thanks in advance and car looks badass man!!
Thanks man! Theyre about 3lbs heavier per wheel than the RPF1's. Its significant and you can feel the extra weight when you pick them up but Im not too concerned with weight since its just a street car and Im not looking for those extra 10ths in a competition atmosphere...

Little update for you guys...

The first outing with the car this year one of my OEM color matched side markers popped out since the retaining clip was broken and was a bit rigged to get it to stay. So I scooped a pair of ebay smoked markers for $27 shipped.

I sanded the writing off and color matched them with some duplicolor spray paint. IMO theyre even better than the OEM markers since theyre a fraction of the price and have a much cleaner appearance...

OEM on the left, aftermarket on the right:

Cleaned up the bay a bit after the winter hibernation

And the parts collected so far for the switch back to bushings in the rear suspension. The knuckles are powdercoated and were originally for the DC5 race build but Ill be using these and the spherical knuckles from my EP will go in the DC5. Also pictured are new OEM Honda upper pivot bushings and the RSD rear shock bushings. Ill swap over the poly lower mount bushings that are currently in my car....

Old 04-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm liking the wheels the more I see them. When you put those Buddy Club shocks in did you revalve them or leave the valving alone? And what are you opinion on them compared to higher end shocks?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Now that engine bay though...

Those wheels are growing on me and I have to say, the white on silver is a great look. Good work with the new bumper plugs! I'm interested to see how the bushings compare to the spherical on your setup. Hopefully will be a marginal loss in handling speed/performance.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SHG_Felliphe
Now that engine bay though...

Those wheels are growing on me and I have to say, the white on silver is a great look. Good work with the new bumper plugs! I'm interested to see how the bushings compare to the spherical on your setup. Hopefully will be a marginal loss in handling speed/performance.
There won't be any noticeable difference, A pro level driver or someone with a lot of seat time may see a slight difference but the only difference ill see is the lack of annoying *** clunks coming from the rear suspension lol
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

oh snap! Been a few weeks since I checked in here. New wheels look PHAT! lol Only problem is that they don't show off the brake calipers quite as well. Oh well.

Did you say your front suspension uses spherical at the joint that needs to rotate when the wheels are steered? I recall an old friend's EP having just a rubber piece up there in that Mac strut upper mount and thinking what an awful design that was. Even my old 1989 Camry had real bearings in the front upper strut mounts.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
oh snap! Been a few weeks since I checked in here. New wheels look PHAT! lol Only problem is that they don't show off the brake calipers quite as well. Oh well.

Did you say your front suspension uses spherical at the joint that needs to rotate when the wheels are steered? I recall an old friend's EP having just a rubber piece up there in that Mac strut upper mount and thinking what an awful design that was. Even my old 1989 Camry had real bearings in the front upper strut mounts.
Thanks man! Yeah the Todd's top hats on the struts use a spherical bearing (uniball) pivot, and the upper spring perch also has a thrust bearing design built into it as do most aftermarket coil over struts.

The factory top hat uses a thrust bearing design aswell but is not as stout as many of the aftermarket setups. They seem to hold up well after high mileage unlike certain Chrysler/GM products that produce clunks after like 15-20k miles lol
Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Holy cow. I would have been skeptical of those wheels if you said what they were before pics, and like the consensus (it seems) they grow on me each time I revisit the thread and see them. It always impresses me when someone is able to see something in their head that looks good, dismiss the naysayers, and commit to it and execute a great idea instead of phoning in "ZOMG black wheels with chrome lip what do y'all thinkzzzz!!!!oneeleven"

And every time I see a picture with the hood up, I cry a little tear of joy for how amazing you've been able to make a cramped and universally neglected engine bay look. That strut bar boggles and nothing I've seen in the... hobby... is as cool as the brackets you made to hold those remote reservoirs. Your car is the concept, execution, style, and ability that the "tuner" movement needs more of.

/gushing. Sorry.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can't get enough of those bay shots.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It looks like you "took care" of those bolts on the PS pump huh?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Car looks good! I pm'd ya
Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jamesandrew58
lol.. those ratty bolts lolol
Old 04-26-2013, 07:24 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Can't wait to see the TARMAC stickers
Old 04-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Those wheels work very well man, everything looks great! My favorite EP3 build for sure.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by willimo
Holy cow. I would have been skeptical of those wheels if you said what they were before pics, and like the consensus (it seems) they grow on me each time I revisit the thread and see them. It always impresses me when someone is able to see something in their head that looks good, dismiss the naysayers, and commit to it and execute a great idea instead of phoning in "ZOMG black wheels with chrome lip what do y'all thinkzzzz!!!!oneeleven"

And every time I see a picture with the hood up, I cry a little tear of joy for how amazing you've been able to make a cramped and universally neglected engine bay look. That strut bar boggles and nothing I've seen in the... hobby... is as cool as the brackets you made to hold those remote reservoirs. Your car is the concept, execution, style, and ability that the "tuner" movement needs more of.

/gushing. Sorry.
Thanks dude! Thats one of my favorite parts about this car, and my plans for it in the short term and long term. Ive got the whole thing built in my head and as I have time and money I just chip away at the master plan... The wheels however were just a dream years ago. Didnt really think I would have the opportunity to have this style of wheel in the sizes I wanted and then I found out about the Tarmacs and had a pleasant turn of events

Originally Posted by jamesandrew58
Haha yeah man FINALLY got around to changing those out!

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden
Can't wait to see the TARMAC stickers
Me too man! Hopefully they look as good as I hope! Ive been working insane hours lately so I probebly wont have a chance to even clean my wheels and apply stickers till next weekend ugh
Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is a pretty stupid question and I am a noob, but what are the gold cylinders with the braided lines going towards the strut tower?

Quick Reply: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...