Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Acura Integra
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Aerik
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Gauge cluster warning lights mixup

Posted this on another forum, but I figured I'd give you guys a shot at it as well

'99 GSR, cluster was working perfectly.. all warning lights worked the way they should.. I was digging around under my seat, and unplugged the seatbelt sensor on accident.. drove the car and the SRS light was set.. figured out the problem, plugged the seat belt sensor back in, and reset the SRS light as described in the factory service manual; shorting the MES connector and doing the connector/ignition key dance.. got the 2 blinks to let me know I did it right and it was reset..

But now my seat belt light only goes off when I shut the door, and the ABS light only goes off when I plug my seat belt in.. WTH!

So far I've reset the ECM with a code reader, unplugged the battery as well.. checked ALL fuses etc etc..

Any ideas would be great.. I could just pull bulbs out of the cluster but I'd rather make it right again

Thanks in advance!
Aerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
dudesitsjdm
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Gauge cluster warning lights mixup

lol your seat belt got pissed!
dudesitsjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
Aerik
Garage is empty, add now

I guess! I'm more worried about the door ajar light coming on.. prolly get an airbag in the face
Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
dudesitsjdm
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

ouch that would suck did you try using another ecu to see if the lights go away and if they do swap over yours and hope they stay off? did you unplug the seat belt while the car was running?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Aerik
Garage is empty, add now

havent tried a different ecu.. And yeah, I tried unplugging the seat and drove around a bit to try to get it to trip the SRS light again.. no luck.. Beginning to wonder if the control unit for the dash lights got borked.. looks like everything that's wrong with my cluster is fed thru that
::::

Thanks again
Old 02-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
dudesitsjdm
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

idk what it could be then u already did everything you could gl man you will fix
Old 02-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Spawne32
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Spawne32

you have the wrong cluster installed lol i had that when i bought my car, someone used a 98 cluster in a 95, every time i opened the door the ABS light would come on.
my car hasnt had 02 sensors in.. forever. it roams around in a open loop speed density tune. killing small children and raping helpless mothers at night.
Spawne32 is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
2001, beltkeyin, cluster, crv, dance, del, gauge, honda, integra, key, lights, s2000, seat, sol, warning