Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Endyn Catch Can Installation

Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Endyn Catch Can Installation

I'm about to install my catch can setup into my dc2. I was wondering if i should have any worries with the catch can overflowing? Even with a drain back system i've heard people have problems with oil overflowing. Or is it legit with the drain back system. my engine bay is pretty compact with the Performer X manifold but i was thinking about mounting it next to the battery. Should it be higher? insights from anyone who runs this setup. thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Endyn Catch Can Installation

I've been running the Endyn Catch can in my teg with the drain back system for about a year now with no problems. I actually moved my battery and mounted the catch can where the battery use to be ( Had to make a custom mount for that to work tho). If you have enough room to mounted next to the battery then go ahead and do that, just make sure its the highest point you can mounted without hitting the hood when its closed. As long as the drain back hose has enough slope to it you shouldn't have any problems.

Last edited by BlacStarr; 01-21-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the input.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

battery relocation is my only option. what specific size wire should i run?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mouab18c1
battery relocation is my only option. what specific size wire should i run?
If you are relocating to the trunk, As big as possible...0 AWG would be my choice...I wouldnt go any smaller than 2 AWG....the longer the power wire, the hotter it can get you will need larger than OEM wire

Hey check out this thread before you relocate your battery
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...=catch+install
Old 01-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks, i've heard people run thick speaker wires with no problem so im hoping it'll be the same
Old 01-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks, i've heard people run thick speaker wires with no problem so im hoping it'll be the same
Thats what I use. but its not speaker wire, its wire used to power an amp. I used 0 gauge and mounted it in the trunk area.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by zedron
Thats what I use. but its not speaker wire, its wire used to power an amp. I used 0 gauge and mounted it in the trunk area.
thats what i meant. where did you mount it in your trunk? integra chasis? i was thinking about welding the battery plate holder to where my spare tire is.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats what i meant. where did you mount it in your trunk? integra chasis? i was thinking about welding the battery plate holder to where my spare tire is.
Its a DC chassis. I was going to put it where the spare is but I have a nitrous bottle there so I put it on teh passenger side of the trunk on that somewhat flat open space. My car is gutted too BTW.

I didnt put my catch can where the battery is though. It is located right next to where the battery was. I have an oil cooler where the battery actually was. And if you are wondering how I get the oil cooler cool its because I cut a hoel in my hood at the location and put a scoop from a 300Z over it.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its a DC chassis. I was going to put it where the spare is but I have a nitrous bottle there so I put it on teh passenger side of the trunk on that somewhat flat open space. My car is gutted too BTW.
I see, so with no NOS bottle the battery would fit fine next to the spare tire correct? i know its simple to try it out but i'm too lazy ahaha
Old 01-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I see, so with no NOS bottle the battery would fit fine next to the spare tire correct? i know its simple to try it out but i'm too lazy ahaha
I honestly couldnt tell you if it would fit next to the spare because I dont have one, lol. Only one way to find out. I actually have a battery box that my battery is located in. It looks like this. The black on below the blue one.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6batt.htm
Old 01-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i see, im not planning on using any sort of box. like i said im just going to weld the stock battery plate onto my chassis where the spare is. if i have to then ill just take out the dumb thing. if not then ill just mount mine where you located yours. the ghetto way
Old 01-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL, If you have AAA or a friend with a truck then who needs a spare......
Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL, If you have AAA or a friend with a truck then who needs a spare......
yea true but you can't always rely on people. my car is a daily driven car and my camping car so kinda need the dumb spare at times.. ahaha
Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I have a dc integra with a catch can and it's almost identical to the endyn setup. I mounted it on the passenger side shock tower. I have no issues at all and I didn't have to move my battery anywhere.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so you routed your drain back system into your head? any issues? running the Performer X IM, i have no way to fit the stupid can. so my only option is to relocate the battery. and thanks for the pics
Old 01-21-2010, 11:55 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

so you routed your drain back system into your head? any issues? running the Performer X IM, i have no way to fit the stupid can. so my only option is to relocate the battery. and thanks for the pics
The drain back would go from the bottom of the can to the back of the block. I don't have mine hooked up using a drain back. Not much oil is going to be sent into the can from the back of the valve cover. Plus it's a low hp car so not much blow by is goingto occur. You can't put it where I have mine? Your manifold isn't that big.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by icucnme
The drain back would go from the bottom of the can to the back of the block. I don't have mine hooked up using a drain back. Not much oil is going to be sent into the can from the back of the valve cover. Plus it's a low hp car so not much blow by is goingto occur. You can't put it where I have mine? Your manifold isn't that big.
correct i wasnt thinking right when i was looking at your setup.but no i cannot mount mine like how you mounted yours. ill be tapping the two ports in the back of the block and running it to the endyn catch can and using a T as my drain back just how endyn has it setup. heres a pic of my engine bay and how f'en packed it is. i tried to see if i could fit it yesterday but no luck.

as you can see the ghetto intake pipe barely clears the shock tower wall

Old 01-21-2010, 12:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Yeah that is packed. I've always heard of problems just using the back of the block as your source for the catch can. I bought those block fittings for my car but decided just to have fittings welded in the valve cover instead. Ah hell try it and see what happens. It's hard to know whats right and wrong on h-t anymore.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

exactly, there is no clear answer on crankcase ventilation, i guess if anything goes wrong then i must have done something wrong. ill update this after the weekend when i install the catch can and relocate the battery. thanks for the inputs
Old 01-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright so i finally got the stupid thing installed, relocated my battery and got everything to work. I ghetto ragged the catch can to fit just to see if i would have any leaks or any problems but so far its doing its job. Now i just need to custom make something so that i can actually mount the catch can where the battery was without having to drill into the firewall. anyone has any pictures of how they got thier catch can to mount where the battery use to sit?