Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

clicking when turning???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clicking when turning???

so I can't figure it out... AHHH!! when I turn left my right front tire area clicks, and vise versa.. when I turn right my left tire area clicks. I was thinking axles, I do have torn boots. but it's not the deep tone thumpy click I've heard from my other hondas with bad cv's.. it's more of baseball card in the spokes of a bike tire click?? my car is slammed, and I didn't start hearing the clicking until shortly after i dropped it. any ideas? maybe an abs or brake part?? idk, any ideas would be appreciated
Old 08-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clicking when turning???

It wont sound exactly the same for every car but most likely your axles, start there and fix something that needs to be fixed.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's your outboard joints of the axle that is making the noises when you're turning.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

axles for sure.. lowering the car just changes the dynamics of the suspension causing your already bad axles to get worse
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your suspension and axles didn't appreciate being slammed, so the axles went on strike.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, I'll definately be changing them soon. I found a fresh set at the crush yard from a side swiped 96 vtec. they look recently replaced. hopefully that'll do the trick. I just noticed today the left side is starting to click when turning either way.. DAMN!! thanks guys
Old 08-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont forget to raise the car back up.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, I would rather eat suspension parts than raise my car back up i might take it up just a bit once I pick up a set of 16's, not much tho
Old 08-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sometimes when a spring is not seated correctly it will also make a cracking noise when turning the wheel. if your stopped and turn the wheel does it make the cracking noise? what are you dropped on?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

right now I'm dropped on mod springs. stock springs that I had jerry springWorks "adjust" for me. basically they were snipped 2 rings shorter on a spring clipping bench, then they were baked and dipped in oil. he usually doesn't work on this type of spring, more commonly farm equipment coil springs. but it turned out really good only cost me $20, better than trimming them myself lol. but no it doesn't click when I turn sitting still
Old 08-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, i did that to some toyota supra springs. I really liked how well it turned out.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ummmm....really? You cut the springs? tsk tsk
Old 08-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no no, i had them machine clipped massive difference, and the heat treatment stiffened the spring rate for great ride quality and handling. I actually like them better than the Ksport springs that i had on there, alot more forgiving during heavy turns
Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Regardless of how you want to word it, it was a bad thing.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know that I should have full coilover and shock combos, but in my local scene you either do what it takes to be competitive or step outta the scene. and if that means beating on your stock suspension components until they cry so be it. when your trying to grab a decent time to the bottom of the canyon you don't worry about what you should have by street modification standards.. your looking at how you can shave time, without sliding off the blacktop for hundreds of feet. right now I'm happy with my sloppy tilted camber, cut bump stops, and clipped springs. I'm pulling to the bottom of the 7mile hill faster than I have ever in a honda. but I understand where your coming from too, I just wish my Ksports would have been a bit softer on my corners
Old 08-20-2010, 03:10 PM
formerly xmod_supra

There is a car scene in idaho?
Old 08-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, you could ask the same thing about ohio. but yes, an amazing car scene actually. we have alot of windy blacktop paved mountain roads. and that brings alot of people out. idaho's also the home of bullydog diesel, custom auto, and dominator diesel performance(DDP). having the fastest recorded street diesel in my city makes for alot of competition. the AWD turbo scene is giant around here too, especially dsm's. there are more dsm's in the 500 AWHP range than anything. lots of competition, so ya the scene is huge. also helps that we have drag strips and circle tracks all over, and only 2hrs from SLC.. plus alot less restrictions than most places, only one county in all of idaho with yearly emissions checks. and less cops than almost anywhere I've ever been. so basically you get to drive your car how it's built to be driven.. everyday, with very little worry of tickets and all of that. hell, theres even a cop in town that comes out every weekend with his supercharged nitrous general lee replica charger to pick on all the tuners
Old 08-21-2010, 05:31 AM
formerly xmod_supra

Does he take General Lee through the pastures and barns like the duke boys?
Old 08-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does he jump the half-finished bridges?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, unfortunately no
Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kaymoto
in my scene you either do what it takes to be competitive or step outta the scene.

I'm sorry, I have to chime in on this one. You sound like your living in the F&F world, i bet your one of the ricers sitting in the old Fred Meyer parking lot on the weekends waiting to talk **** to the old grandma in the Honda Accord. I too am currently living, well working in Pocatello ID. Nothing special about the scene out here, bunch of body kitted, rusted out beaters with an occasional nice car.

I brought one of my cars out here from Portland. Doubt you have seen it, although I have seen you driving several times. Funny you mention the roads, complete **** out here. Granted the mountain/backroads towards lava ( I live out there ) are fun but damn, pot hole city and even worse in town.

Anyways, not trying to be an ***. Just thought your comments were a little funny. Definitely different out here, coming from Oregon.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Uhh hell no, I wouldn't be caught dead chillin with the ***s at freddys.. I mean C'mon, they roll ***gity *** mini vans and saturns. but all in all, you have to know where to go and who the real racers are. it seems like lately all the big guys have been quiet..?? and when it comes to me being rice, watch the insults. I've never been, and never will be rice. and if you've seen my prelude then you know it is completely stock looking.. all the way down to the stock muffler and prelude saw blades. nothin rice here. F&F HA! pocatello might have a dead scene lately, but that doesn't speak for all of east idaho. if you wanna see real cars and real races leave pocatello, head to idaho falls. no body kits or underglow, no verticle doors or airbags. steer clear of the posing rice queers.. you wont catch any of the race scene anywhere between lava or pocatello. do I know you? what do you drive??
Old 09-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not trying to start a war lol
Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nah not hating. Just searched for poky and when I saw your pic. I was like hey, I have seen that car a few times rolling around.

Its a Phantom gray 93 civic dx hatch. Carbon hood,fenders, bronze Rpf1's, somewhat gutted, x bar in the back, Oregon plate. Easy to spot, however I only take it out once a week. As I have a company truck.

Last I saw you, I was sitting in my car getting my pre-funk on before walking into hooligans. You went by on center through the tunnel.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya, I go up center 6 nights a week. I work just down the road. Well we should meet up sometime, go shred mink creek or somethin. And I got my axles in today, no more click lol