Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Steering and Suspension components

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Steering and Suspension components

Hello Everyone,

In the near future, I plan on replacing all if not most of the components for my Integras suspension and steering.
My question is, what should I be looking into replacing? I imagine everything is OEM as it came from the factory and has never been changed.

lastly, are there any reputable brands that you guys recommend?

Thank You in advance!
Old 09-04-2022, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: Steering and Suspension components

Energy suspension poly up front/rear trailing arm.

Truhart/Megan racing f/r camber and rear toe, duralast inner/outer tie rods. If rack is power, rebuild by replacing seals in rack, pinion usually fine no rebuild needed.

Doorman OEM rear stamped arms.

Tein s-tech springs, tokico blue struts, something along those lines.

Might encounter rusty brake/fuel lines, ebay valex racing SS braided work well. Amazon remanufactured calipers if bleeder screws brake off.

Rust-Oleum black rust converter spray paint. Wire wheel, vinegar salt bath, muriatic acid, baking soda bath, mineral spirits, if you want to clean it up before paint. (looking thru the forums everyone is cleaning up their suspension and it's great to see!)

Motor mounts? I'm used to the Midwest where every rubber bushing is dry rot and cracked and every bolt is sized and needs torched/cut, and any thin steel has about corroded away. I usually need new bolts. I would go OEM Honda for bolts in the suspension.

​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Old 09-04-2022, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Steering and Suspension components

Originally Posted by theYBLEGAL
Energy suspension poly up front/rear trailing arm.

Truhart/Megan racing f/r camber and rear toe, duralast inner/outer tie rods. If rack is power, rebuild by replacing seals in rack, pinion usually fine no rebuild needed.

Doorman OEM rear stamped arms.

Tein s-tech springs, tokico blue struts, something along those lines.

Might encounter rusty brake/fuel lines, ebay valex racing SS braided work well. Amazon remanufactured calipers if bleeder screws brake off.

Rust-Oleum black rust converter spray paint. Wire wheel, vinegar salt bath, muriatic acid, baking soda bath, mineral spirits, if you want to clean it up before paint. (looking thru the forums everyone is cleaning up their suspension and it's great to see!)

Motor mounts? I'm used to the Midwest where every rubber bushing is dry rot and cracked and every bolt is sized and needs torched/cut, and any thin steel has about corroded away. I usually need new bolts. I would go OEM Honda for bolts in the suspension.

​​​​​​​
Wow dude, thank you for the detailed write up! I really appreciate it!