Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Please help.... weird lighting problem going on. Any help will be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help.... weird lighting problem going on. Any help will be appreciated.

Ok, i have a 95 LS Integra to get this post going. Over the past couple days i have been experiencing weird lighting problems. My left side headlights are way more dim than the right side (new bulbs/correct bulbs), my display lights for my air conditioning/heat controls is/was out, and when i turn my brights on the whole left side goes completely out. Ok, now here is the catch.... last night on my way home i turn my whipers on and i am unable to turn them off so, i continue to wiggle the on/off switch and magically the whipers go off, the left side lights go just as bright as the other side, and my air conditioning/heat display lights illuminate as well. Now everything seems to be fine. My question is what is my problem..... my step-dad and i looked it over before the windshield whipers went crazy and the wiggle fix happened and he said i could have a bad switch in my steering column. I have checked all my lighting and all the bulbs are good. I have done an electrical current test on all my fuses so, that isn't the problem either. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Please help.... weird lighting problem going on. Any help will be appreciated.

Check your grounds.I was having the same problem when i did my wire tuck and did not ground the headlight harness box thing (not sure of the proper name but it's connected to the headlight harness.My headlights were acting weird and id turn on my wipers and they wouldnt shut off. I grounded that it it solved the problem .
Old 11-16-2009, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: Please help.... weird lighting problem going on. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks for the help all motor DC4. I will look into that my friend.