Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Budget full coilover, raceland (ep3 application)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:47 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Budget full coilover, raceland (ep3 application)

I have a question. Will these coilover from Raceland work on my '04 Rsx (DC5)? I have checked alot of sites out that cross reference the EP3 and DC5 together? I would like to purchase them.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just ordered these. Hell since BMW owners like them im sure they will be fine for a DD
Old 02-23-2010, 04:43 AM
New User

I am confused about the tie rod ends... I checked on another site and someone said that they were the same? Between an EP3 and DC5. But i would really like to purchase these coilovers if they will work for my RSX.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i been seeing these around more lately, i starting to think im going to buy it now i had my doubts on this product before hand back when this thread was made
Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sh*t, I'm even considering this option. I have my mind set on GC/Koni to be ordered this weekend, but the price difference is just too tempting and if I can get at least/close to couple of years out of it with 1" ish drop DD, I don't mind getting another set after two years. Just too suspicious about the ride quality though... Koni yellow vs. these set up... decisions decisions...
Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you have the money to get something better, you should. but if you dont, these do just fine
Old 02-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Something has to be wrong with a coil over system that only cost $220.....
Old 02-25-2010, 02:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol.. why does something have to be wrong with it? .. lol.. im going on about 9 months now.. with miles i stopped counting.. have adjusted the height on multiple occasions and has even been asked how much i paid for it and was not believed lol... for daily driving coilovers.. i think these are fine.. my friend has an FA5 with full skunk2 pro-S and that rides like ****.. u bounce everywhere, it only good for going all out.. my racelands are completely str8 for DD.. i'll upgrade when i stop DD'ing the EP
Old 02-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gtimportfanatic
lol.. why does something have to be wrong with it? .. lol.. im going on about 9 months now.. with miles i stopped counting.. have adjusted the height on multiple occasions and has even been asked how much i paid for it and was not believed lol... for daily driving coilovers.. i think these are fine.. my friend has an FA5 with full skunk2 pro-S and that rides like ****.. u bounce everywhere, it only good for going all out.. my racelands are completely str8 for DD.. i'll upgrade when i stop DD'ing the EP
getting a new alinment each time you adjust ride hight?....If not, check your tires cuz your eating them.....any change in ride hight on our cars changes toe and toe kills tires.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mustclime
getting a new alinment each time you adjust ride hight?....If not, check your tires cuz your eating them.....any change in ride hight on our cars changes toe and toe kills tires.
definately.. i do have the ability to do adjustments and i do have front and rear camber kit.. im in school so i have access to the alignment rack.. i graduate in april tho.. so imma set it more permanently in a couple wheels after i get my 3" exhaust and stuff to get the clearances right.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mattyg2
Something has to be wrong with a coil over system that only cost $220.....
Originally Posted by charleso
if you have the money to get something better, you should. but if you dont, these do just fine
Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Even for daily driving, it just doesn't seem right. Does anyone know who actually makes their product?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Even for daily driving, it just doesn't seem right. Does anyone know who actually makes their product?
3 of my buddys have them and they ride nice. there cheap because there not top name brands and you have to use your oem top mount.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, this would be like the same as buying coil sleeves like Ground Control and using a shock, you still have to use your oem top mount. So, saying it's cheap because of that makes no sense. It seems these Raceland suspension systems are like or a bit higher in spring rate from oem rates. They look like they are a ebay coilover setup suspension to me. That's my opinion, just something I would never put on my car rather than a truly engineered product with quality assurance. I forget most people are just looking for the "look" of performance rather than have actual performance even.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, this would be like the same as buying coil sleeves like Ground Control and using a shock, you still have to use your oem top mount. So, saying it's cheap because of that makes no sense. It seems these Raceland suspension systems are like or a bit higher in spring rate from oem rates. They look like they are a ebay coilover setup suspension to me. That's my opinion, just something I would never put on my car rather than a truly engineered product with quality assurance. I forget most people are just looking for the "look" of performance rather than have actual performance even.
some are some aren't. im rockin H&r racing spring with tokico blues, but i want coilovers now so i can adjust and stuff
Old 02-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anybody that has these have you done any auto-x or road racing with them and if so how did they do?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude.. stop being ignorant and a brand groupie.. what makes the coilovers not top knotch is that the struts are not adjustable and u have to reuse the stock top hats and the adjustability is a tad tedius because there are alot of turns. i have had these again.. for 9 MONTHS .. and they handle alot better than the tein springs/tokico shocks combo i did before and ride alot better than skunk2 pro series coilovers.. in terms of comfort. im not gonna sit and argue about it cuz u dont drive my car..

cheap parts made in china never work and are never worth the hassle u go thru with them so everyone go out and buy yourselves tein super street coilovers **** it. just save your money and get the JIC Magic setup.. that would be your best option
Old 02-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My opinion on these coilovers is that they are like all other ebay products. Like an ebay turbo for example, it works. But I bet when you start putting some real abuse on it and pushing it like you could some name brand turbos, that's when you see the difference.

These racelands, yea they work, how hard can it be to get some one overseas to put these together. But I bet when you compare them to a high end coilover, or even a nicely matched koni/gc setup, that's when you see the difference. I haven't seen one person mention that they used these for a season of auto-x, or survived a few high performance driving events.

Everyone that has these doesn't really have anything to say about them except for "they ride nice". That should be the company's slogan, "Raceland, They ride nice!".

Me, personally, I would never put these on my car, just like I wouldn't use an ebay turbo, just like I wouldn't use (insert crappy ebay product here).

Last edited by -bert-; 02-26-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Spaced out so it's easier to read.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Exactly my point bert.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by -bert-
My opinion on these coilovers is that they are like all other ebay products. Like an ebay turbo for example, it works. But I bet when you start putting some real abuse on it and pushing it like you could some name brand turbos, that's when you see the difference.

These racelands, yea they work, how hard can it be to get some one overseas to put these together. But I bet when you compare them to a high end coilover, or even a nicely matched koni/gc setup, that's when you see the difference. I haven't seen one person mention that they used these for a season of auto-x, or survived a few high performance driving events.

Everyone that has these doesn't really have anything to say about them except for "they ride nice". That should be the company's slogan, "Raceland, They ride nice!".

Me, personally, I would never put these on my car, just like I wouldn't use an ebay turbo, just like I wouldn't use (insert crappy ebay product here).

how many of you autoX ur car.. the ones that criticize raceland owners?.. answer me this?
Old 02-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't, not yet atleast. I just got my ep3 a few months ago right before the winter started. You best believe I will be this season though.

Now I don't want you to take what I said the wrong way. I am not knocking the product or the people that use it.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what would you have to do to make this fit on a dc5?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by -bert-
I don't, not yet atleast. I just got my ep3 a few months ago right before the winter started. You best believe I will be this season though.

Now I don't want you to take what I said the wrong way. I am not knocking the product or the people that use it.
well tell me this.. how is pushing the car hard for 20 mins out of a given day on a given weekend total.. add up to driving a car EVERYDAY in the tristate area.. NY, NJ, CT,MA has some bad roads due to extreme traffic and years of snow. .. the amount of miles and **** i done put on my car u will never have that abuse on a track..yes its a product that is "ebay" but so far it has done everything it should
Old 03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not sure what's the fuss about this product..., seems like a bargain and if there are people vouching for this as to say, not bad for price, and especially if could DIY install, f*ckin' go for it! something's are too good to be true, but for the price, if you could get good 1 year use out of it, hell sounds pretty good more and more I think about it. I wish I know someone personally who's supporting this set up...
Old 03-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey charles and gtimport fanatic, and whoever else has these, which camber kit did you guys use? i have the set up already i just havent slapped it on because i havent picked up a camber correction kit yet. thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Budget full coilover, raceland (ep3 application)